stranger
OP Offline
stranger
heh noticed that accidental pun at the end of my last post xD

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by godagarah5000
jests aside yeah we do need a day night system for what could happened after u lose the parasite
Not necesarily ...
All Larian need to do is simply state that while we were not turned into mind flayer, we have ben alterned allready ...

Then they can safely remove parasite and our Vampire can still run on the sun as bright new kind of creature.

Simmilar to this:
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/sorcerer:aberrant-mind (point 4)

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 12/12/21 01:24 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
enthusiast
enthusiast
if u hate vampires so much then please take it to something where removal of vampirism is lore friendly and not something based off of dnd 5e like baldur's gate 3 dam vampire haters lmfao

I'm not sure if your post was a reply to mine, but I certainly do not hate vampires, and of course they are an important part of D&D lore. I was just replying to 1varangian, and I wanted to explain why I think Gandrel, even as a monster hunter, did not recognize Astarion as a vampire.

And to get back to the topic: Since we will likely meet at least one vampire, I think there could be an opportunity for player characters to be turned into a vampire as one of several different options.
The game offers a lot of different paths for our characters (which I like very much), so why not? If it is a possibility, you don't have to choose it if you don't like it.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
jests aside yeah we do need a day night system for what could happened after u lose the parasite
Not necesarily ...
All Larian need to do is simply state that while we were not turned into mind flayer, we have ben alterned allready ...

Then they can safely remove parasite and our Vampire can still run on the sun as bright new kind of creature.

Simmilar to this:
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/sorcerer:aberrant-mind (point 4)

That would be cool.

addict
addict
I know vampirism has a love/hate relationship in these forums but I think it would be interesting if Larian added as an option since our character does ask Astarion about this. Maybe sometime later in the game, as long as Astarion is in your party.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Astarion is vampire spawn ... he cant create new vampires until he dring blood of Cazador.

And once he will become full Vampire, and will be able to create spawn from you ...
Tell me, why the hells would he ever give you his blood? laugh
And before you say something about loayality ... just remember who are we talking about. smile

It would be cool dialogue trap tho. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/12/21 09:02 PM.

addict
addict
So question. In 5e does it have to be Cazador’s blood specifically? Could any full Vampire donate? Not that it would happen, just curious.

I can see Cazador offering to make you a full vampire and for you to betray and kill off Asterion just for evil poops and giggles on his part…. In fact one of my pcs wouldn’t pass up such an opportunity }-)

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Yup ... i believe it have to be your sire.

Anyway i dont think Cazador needs us to kill Astarion for him. I mean i would not be surprised if Astarion would comit suicide just bcs Cazador ordered him to. That is the level of power vampires have over their fledglings usualy in folklore.
He might want that for the laughs tho.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 16/12/21 08:13 AM.

addict
addict
Astarion is vampire spawn ... he cant create new vampires until he dring blood of Cazador.

And once he will become full Vampire, and will be able to create spawn from you ...
Tell me, why the hells would he ever give you his blood? laugh
And before you say something about loayality ... just remember who are we talking about. smile

It would be cool dialogue trap tho. laugh

Yes, I understand that. I expect that would be possible once he is a full vampire which is what he wants to be and would happen when he kills Cazador and most likely by drinking his blood.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I would still love the dialogue trap. laugh

Like:
Tav: Now when i helped you to get rid of your master, will you turn me into Vampire?
Astarion: Sure my dear, come closer. *bite*
Tav: Well, that was ... something ... will you give me your blood now?
Astarion: And why would i do that darling? Here, have some rat. MUAHAHAHAHAHA
*GAME OVER*

I'd find it more interesting if Cazador attempts to turn the Player Character into another vampire spawn. It could be an interesting hostage situation. One where your actions towards Astarion, and how much he trusts you, could decide your fate.

So, you could have an incapcitated PC and Astarion having to "choose" (based on approval and player choices) whether to

do the last thing he would expect himself of being able to do and attack Cazador by himself or,
do what he's always done in past and turn his back on Cazadors next victim or,
cave in completely, accept Cazadors dominance and kill the player character.

In the first case the PC is unharmed and Astarion is free of Cazador, and maybe even a full vampire. Could be a persuasion check to encourage/discourage, or based on past decisions.
In the second case the PC is turned and the rest of the game continues with the PC "working for" Cazador (could unlock different solutions to situations?). Pass a persuasion check to choose to keep Astarion with the group or not.
In the third case, PC is rezzed by a deus ex machina (rescued by KoaToa/Zhentarim etc or Withers...) and continues the quest. Astarion has left the party and is back to being Cazador's slave.

Edit: Ha! I think Rag has the most likely result!

Last edited by Umbra; 16/12/21 04:08 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yeah not happening in my game. If Astarion is in my group later on (big If, considering, that we might have to decide, which companions to keep -that will not be Astarion for me) I would do everything , to not let him become a full fledged vampire. He is evil enough without having full vampiric powers. I would help him get rid of Cazador though, so he can live a normal life, if he wants.
I'm not keen in becoming a vampire in D&D in general or BG3 in particular. I like playing a vampire in games like World of Darkness (Bloodlines is one of my favorite game- Malkavians yay), but was never tempted in any of the D&D Versions.
Werewolf - yeah, why not? Could be interesting.

Edit: yeah, I agree that trusting Astarion to make you a full fledged vampire is probably a very bad idea.

Last edited by fylimar; 16/12/21 04:16 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar
I would help him get rid of Cazador though, so he can live a normal life, if he wants.
This makes me wonder if that is even possible ...

I mean, in some settings Vampire die once his sire is killed ...
That would be hillarious as hells. laugh
Like:
Tav: Hey Astarion, my dear friend ... let me help you free youreself from Cazador. *stab*
Astarion: NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo................. *crumbles to pile of ashes*
Tav: Whoopsie.

laugh laugh laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 16/12/21 04:54 PM.

addict
addict
I would help him get rid of Cazador though, so he can live a normal life, if he wants.

Like:
Tav: Hey Astarion, my dear friend ... let me help you free youreself from Cazador. *stab*
Astarion: NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo................. *crumbles to pile of ashes*

laugh laugh laugh

I think in those settings, that occurs when you try to get rid of all vampires, you kill the master vampire. If a vampire wants to free themselves from their master, they make the killing blow. In some instances they drain their master of their blood, thereby becoming fully free and more powerful.

veteran
veteran

Like:

laugh laugh laugh

I think, I had a conversation with Astarion about the topic. He said, that he either wants to drink Cazadors blood and become a full vampire or kill him and be free ( I think he will remain a spawn though)

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
I was more thinking on the lines that Cazador see the connections we have with Astarion and just for the pure vile of it gets us to betray him. Kinda dark if you are in a relationship with Astarion and betray him to become a vampire in your own right. There are spells and other "geas" type of agreements that Cazador may not be able to break, if you agree to it to become a full vampire. I think that would be up Cazador's ally.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I shall read something about this ...
Since i really wonder how does this work exactly ... have the blood be out of his vein, or all you need is his blood? I mean i would accept such deal, if he would hand me vial of his blood in advance that i would stock in astral plane (so that the blood does not clot(?)). laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 17/12/21 01:02 AM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Wouldn't mind being a GAAAAAAAAAAAWBLIN Werewolf or something weirder, like a Wererat.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard