Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm noticing a severe lull in people posting out here. Interest seems to be waning. Other games are stealing interest, I bet, and Christmas and all.

So, I'm thinking EA should be done now. Let's just finish the game and release it. K?

K.

Great. Good.

But, please make sure it's awesome. Don't just release crap to be done with it.

Great! Good! Glad we could have this chat.

Oh... Don't forget:

Option for D&D 5e Mode with proper rules and stats
Option party of 6 Mode
Day/Night Cycle
Fix Group System with Group Mode Button, etc.
Fix Camera Controls so we can see where we're going better
And... You know... All the other stuff we suggested.
All the races and classes

🙏😁🙏

Anyway, great game so far. Let's finish strong. 😁

P.S. Don't forget, fix Minthara's armor AC stat. Makes no sense. Keep the look. Make it Plate or something a cleric would wear with high strength and low Dex. Leather + 1 doesn't fit her build. Either that or fix her to have higher Dex to match Leather + 1.

Last edited by GM4Him; 19/12/21 01:15 PM.
veteran
veteran
I've been working on a personal project related to the game (another in depth discussion of a particular topic)

<.< >.> and trying not to get entangled in forum arguments any more.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Niara
I've been working on a personal project related to the game (another in depth discussion of a particular topic)

Lol. Me too. I'm so tired of debating endlessly over these things.

addict
addict
Pathfinder Wotr stole the show. And Solasta (for D^D5th fans). Wotr feels/plays evolved 200% more like a BG3 games than BG3 does. You have day/night cycles, you have written/read dialogues, you have lots of playable NPCs, 6 party gameplay , you have a bazilion classes to pick your hero from including kick ass mythic paths...yea its not perfect but has nearly EVERYTHING. Turn base or RtWp. A KILLER soundtrack.
Except pretty cinematic close up cringe faces.
By the time DOS3: A baldurs gate adventure comes out, Wotr will have 10x the content and polish.

My most anticipated game for 2023/24 on will definitely be Solasta 2 !! !! Man do I wish the BG license and all Larian resources were given to that studio. They know what up for D^D gameplay. Larian is good at one thing only, DIVINITY games.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 19/12/21 07:51 AM.
veteran
veteran
I have no idea what is this topic trying to say. O_o

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by Niara

Lol. Me too. I'm so tired of debating endlessly over these things.
Hey! So am I!

Maybe we should coordinate topics. Mine is about discerning the target audience for BG3.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

It's like there's a quota for "Threads started in a week" or something.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Pathfinder Wotr stole the show. And Solasta (for D^D5th fans). Wotr feels/plays evolved 200% more like a BG3 games than BG3 does. You have day/night cycles, you have written/read dialogues, you have lots of playable NPCs, 6 party gameplay , you have a bazilion classes to pick your hero from including kick ass mythic paths...yea its not perfect but has nearly EVERYTHING. Turn base or RtWp. A KILLER soundtrack.
Except pretty cinematic close up cringe faces.
By the time DOS3: A baldurs gate adventure comes out, Wotr will have 10x the content and polish.

My most anticipated game for 2023/24 on will definitely be Solasta 2 !! !! Man do I wish the BG license and all Larian resources were given to that studio. They know what up for D^D gameplay. Larian is good at one thing only, DIVINITY games.

sadly i would say yes. i have so much fun in pathfinder wotr. i mean my focus primarily on gameplay first (ruleset and builds) over visuals/graphics. sure baldur's gate 3 looks pretty with full voice over close up beautiful characters, but one know how much spoken words or content that could be vs. non full VO. also, for sure the campaign ain't allow the build of a full level 20 build. so once we know the level cap, then folks will craft their builds based on their cap and that's it. i'm pretty sure even with DLC (i know it's not planned now but it will be foolish that they are not going to have 1 or 2 DLC once bg3 is fully released) that the level cap may not reach 20 as the campaign does not allows it.

here's hoping the mod community has lots of love by increasing the level cap as well as adding more content and epic combat encounters.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by robertthebard

It's like there's a quota for "Threads started in a week" or something.

If you have to ask, you'll never know. 😏

veteran
veteran
I still love BG3! I am just busy with Christmas stuff.🎄🎄🎄

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Flooter
Maybe we should coordinate topics. Mine is about discerning the target audience for BG3.

That's pretty cool, looking forward to it. I'm actually thinking of doing a feedback topic on the "scalability" of things (if I can find the time during this holiday break).

I.e. current UI - where does it falter once character are higher level or multi-classing? What kind of balance might break?

Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Pathfinder Wotr stole the show. And Solasta (for D^D5th fans).

Not sure if I can agree with this take. I actually really like WoTR (it's my Game of the Year 2021) despite having some minor gripes with some of the writing and design choices - but if anything, I thought the reception to the game outside of the "expected RPG fans" was undeservedly too cold.

Almost zero recognition in any game awards/publications. When WoTR did get nominated for an award in the Golden Joystick awards and was asking for votes, a lot of the up-voted posts in the reddit thread was basically saying "good game, but no": https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...er_wotr_is_nominated_for_the_pc_game_of/

In terms of popularity, the player base for WoTR is healthy, but seems to have dwindled to below that of DOS 2 after the initial launch.
https://steamcharts.com/app/1184370
https://steamcharts.com/app/435150

I don't think WoTR is struggling by any means, but it hasn't exploded the way I had hoped, which would've been great for even other CRPGs. Speaking as a huge Real-Time-Strategy fan who basically had to watch that genre die - as a CRPG fan too I'm basically desperately cheering for every release to be well received and explode in popularity.

Based on what's been said so far, and with the Microsoft acquisition (so money people are now making decisions), there's a chance we might not see a traditional CRPG from InExile or Obsidian again, or at least for a long time. Obsidian currently is working on Avowed (Skyrim-esque) and a Penitent (Disco Elysium-like, non-combat RPG). It sounds like InExile's next game is going to be a FPS RPG (https://www.vg247.com/inxile-xbox-game-fps-rpg). Harebrained Schemes (Shadowrun Trilogy) has obviously moved onto Battletech and other types of games too, so another good CRPG developer that might be doing other things.

Last edited by Topgoon; 19/12/21 02:50 PM.
addict
addict
I believe according to some recent reports, Larian is aiming at a 2022 release for full game but nothing is set in stone. As they claim that the game still needs a lot of work.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Throwing confetti on christmas tree? laugh

Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
As they claim that the game still needs a lot of work.
This should be quite clear. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Throwing confetti on christmas tree? laugh
celebrate
And also Christmas cookies and cocktails!

Last edited by Icelyn; 19/12/21 06:20 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard