Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
Since her return was confirmed for BG3, I wanted to know how old Jaheira will be, as she is half-elf.
So I used... MATH! (I'm so ashamed)

Half-elves live for about 180 years, but if they live healthily and are lucky, they can live for more than 200 years.
Reach adulthood when they are 20, and are not considered old until they are at least 145 years old.
Their prime is very long.

Given the fact that Jaheira is a Druid and has a strong connection with nature (and probably a healthy diet), I believe that she could live without problems for more than 200 years.
We do not know her exact date of birth, but we do know that she was still a small child during the Year of the Bright Blade.

1347 DR = Year of the Bright Blade
1368 DR = BG1
1492 DR = BG3

124 years passed between the first and third games.
145 years passed since Year of the Bright Blade.
A small child should be about 5 years +/- few years.

Therefore, her age should be about 150 years.

Does it mean that when we meet her, she will be an old, unattractive fragile woman?
Not necessarily...

As I mentioned, Jaheira is a Druid (along with the monk, these are the two classes that care most about their bodies) which could help delay the old age by a decade or two.
I think in that case she could look like a woman in her 40s. She can still look very good.

BUT

A surprising number of humans from BG1 and BG2 are still alive.
Sarevok, Imoen, Valygar, Edwin...

Although some had some special power that helped delay their old age, potions to delay old age are not so unusual either (It has been confirmed that Valygar is using them).
In addition, Jaheira is a prominent member of Harper and Elminster is one of their friends. If she wanted to, she should definitely be able to access these potions.
Also, I suspect that the druids are the ones who prepare most of these potions.

RESULT

If we're lucky, it's still realistic for her to look like a 30-year-old woman.
But more likely, she will look like a 40-year-old woman.
If we are unlucky, they can made her 50-60 old woman.

old hand
old hand
Well, now I'm hoping for an old lady Jaheira.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
journeyman
journeyman
What’s lucky or unlucky about that? If we’re lucky, she’s attractive, and unlucky means unattractive? I’m much more interested in how her personality has changed, but I’m weird like that.

Last edited by Mythago; 09/01/22 01:09 PM.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Mythago
What’s lucky or unlucky about that? If we’re lucky, she’s attractive, and unlucky means unattractive? I’m much more interested in how her personality has changed, but I’m weird like that.

Well, some of us still remember her (and her romance) from BG2 and hope that now that the original main character from BG 1-2 is dead, they could get a second chance with her.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
When was that confirmed? If you are talking about the recent book it isn't cannon as far as I know since it was made by the same guy who made non-canon books.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Alealexi
When was that confirmed? If you are talking about the recent book it isn't cannon as far as I know since it was made by the same guy who made non-canon books.

She was datamined.
We know for sure that she will be in the game, but we do not know what she will look like or what her role will be.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Ah that makes more sense.

veteran
veteran

Same here - I really don't care, how she looks, but I'm very interested in how she changed.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
I just hope they don't do one of those Star Wars CGI fake replacements like with Princess Leia. I want the real Jaheira, and ... (noise in background) ... uh, what? ... oh, yeah. Nevermind.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by fylimar

Same here - I really don't care, how she looks, but I'm very interested in how she changed.

Well, an old fragile woman probably won't be very useful in combat.
So a younger Jaheira also means a better chance of a possible companion.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Edvin Black

a) she is most likely not a companion and b) why should she fight? She might only be a quest giver. And btw. she is a powerful druid, she can relate on spells.

And yeah, you mentioned her looks (and the romance option) a lot, so forgive me, if I don't buy in the 'we need her fit for fighting' argument here.

Doctor Who
OP Offline
Everything is related to everything hehe

In any case, a still young enough companion is even more important than romance.
It is quite unlikely that we will get a romance with someone who is not a companion.
And no one would put a romance with a really old-looking woman into the game.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Although I do not deny the fact that she had the second best romance and a really sexy portrait.
Moreover, her romance is now canon.

Last edited by Edvin Black; 09/01/22 03:54 PM.
veteran
veteran
Everything is related to everything hehe

In any case, a still young enough companion is even more important than romance.
It is quite unlikely that we will get a romance with someone who is not a companion.
And no one would put a romance with a really old-looking woman into the game.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Although I do not deny the fact that she had the second best romance and a really sexy portrait.
Moreover, her romance is now canon.

She will most likely not be a companion and I found her romance pretty disturbing tbh, given that she just saw her longtime beloved husband die.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Well, some of us still remember her (and her romance) from BG2 and hope that now that the original main character from BG 1-2 is dead, they could get a second chance with her.
Wasn't datamining suggesting that

Jaheira&Hensin are an item, and possibly have a kid?

OP Offline
Datamined stuff are her inventory, so it is quite likely that she will be at least a temporary companion.
But I agree that the chances that she will be a real companion are not that great.
But man cen, dream, man can dream...

P.S.
I don't think Khalit was exactly the best husband.
And her short mourning time probably has something to do with her being a druid.
Death is part of the cycle of nature... or something similar.

Or it was completely the other way around.

Maybe his death broke her completely (though she didn't show it) and so she clung to another man so she wouldn't feel so alone.
And Charname was just an asshole because he abused her vulnerability and pushed her further.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Wasn't datamining suggesting that

Jaheira&Hensin are an item, and possibly have a kid?

I do not know anything about that, but her last relationship lasted more than 120 years, and as far as I know, she never had children.
It is quite unlikely that she has children right now.

By the way, the main character from BG2 (her love) died only 10 years ago.

enthusiast
enthusiast
she's not going to be your companions. The remaining companions from datamining are
Karlack, Helia, and Minsc

enthusiast
enthusiast

At 18th level druids get timeless body, aging at 1/10 the rate of everyone else. She could live FAR longer than the average half-elf. Of course if she's 18+ level, she's not going to be a companion either.

veteran
veteran
I do not know anything about that
Right, while there is some scripting between three characters their relation is not specified.

Personally, the less we see of the classic characters the better. BG3 is so far away from BG1&2 that at this point I would rather keep those as far away from each other as possibly. It's a bit like if Luke Skywalker showed up in Spaceballs.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by ALexws
she's not going to be your companions. The remaining companions from datamining are
Karlack, Helia, and Minsc

That's true now, but who knows what will happen in a few months.
We still haven't seen everything.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard