Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#805700 15/01/22 04:56 PM
Harudus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have only been playing for a few days, but I have played Act 1 and 2 of DoS:II, which had the same problem.

The auto-saving function saves too infrequently. If I die, and I have to go back 3 fights, and 2 hours of gameplay, that is very frustrating.

I suggest it auto saves whenever you long rest, at the very least, if not whenever you short rest.

S
addict
addict
S
I would like an autosave at the beginning of each fight. So that if you die, you for sure don't have to go back far.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Harudus
I have only been playing for a few days, but I have played Act 1 and 2 of DoS:II, which had the same problem.

The auto-saving function saves too infrequently. If I die, and I have to go back 3 fights, and 2 hours of gameplay, that is very frustrating.

I suggest it auto saves whenever you long rest, at the very least, if not whenever you short rest.

Hitting F5 occasionally for a quicksave isn't difficult. Basically lets you set your own intervals. Personally, I don't want it autosaving constantly.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by WebSpyder
Hitting F5 occasionally for a quicksave isn't difficult. Basically lets you set your own intervals.

People forget quicksaving sometimes. That's why autosaves exist.

I've been playing RPG's long enough that pressing F5 is a part of my muscle memory

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sigi98
Originally Posted by WebSpyder
Hitting F5 occasionally for a quicksave isn't difficult. Basically lets you set your own intervals.

People forget quicksaving sometimes. That's why autosaves exist.

And this doesn't change what I said in the least. You have autosaves to go back to if you forgot normal AND quicksaves. They don't need to be any more frequent. They are serving their purpose.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Harudus
The auto-saving function saves too infrequently.
Nah ...
The problem here is that game isnt actualy saving "frequently" at all ... meaning autosaves are not "per amount of time" but are "when reached certain checkpoint" instead. smile

As i said previously in countless other topics on this ... well, topic. laugh
Personaly i would preffer checkable list where player could pick when he want to autosave for:
- Start of combat.
- End of combat.
- Start of conversation. (Or every 2nd / 3rd / 4th)
- End of conversation. (Or every 2nd / 3rd / 4th)
- Entering new zone.
- Entering new building.
- Gaining a quest.
- Completing a quest.
- Failing a quest. laugh (I mean, there are people who demand this game to force us to live with our decisions ... why not let them? :P )

- Saving when reaching certain checkpoints. (As it is now.)
- And every 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 Minutes. (Wich should be separate from other autosaves.)

And let players set whatever suits them ...
You want to save game before fight? You set it.
You want to save game after the fight? You set it.
You want both? You set it. :P
You dont want to save at all, around combat? You set it.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Harudus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you!

The problem isn't how "easy" or "difficult" it is to save. After yesterday's frustrating moment I've gone hard on the manual saving, which has lessened my frustration considerably, but if I forget (hello, probable ADHD), then ooops.

So my (probable) ADHD allows me to not find it too tedious to spend 4 hours sorting my inventory and prepping a merchant trip (which also needs to be better, but that's another topic, which seems to have been covered). Once. If I have to go back to before that point, because the game doesn't save, then I will NOT be a happy camper.

Last edited by Harudus; 17/01/22 12:00 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
+1 to increasing autosave frequency of any sorts - maybe introduce a checkboxes in options so player can choose:
- anytime entering a new zone
- anytime fight is finished
- every x minutes

Link Copied to Clipboard