Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Eh, just smoke a goblin child. Not a tiefling child though (they're fire resistant, they just won't light).

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
In the game wrath of the rightous there's characters that smoke. I think Greybor does. And a certain gnome alchemist.

It's possible. But Shadowheart doesn't seem like the type of person to do weed to me. She's already forgotten her past. Herself. A bit of wine at a party is one thing. That's less likely to "numb" the mind. Any "breathed" substance would likely be done in some ritual in her cult. She's not TRYING to make herself relax. It's a party. But she's there. She won't pass up on the chance too if it's that in your face either. She's on the cynical side. Pleasure kind of goes against her faith. She's mistrustful. Expects the worst around every corner. It's even encouraged by her faith. This is not the kind of person that would go "I want to indulge in pleasure and seek it out".

She's a "teetotaler". It fits her personality. The vampire wouldn't be one for smoking either. Some of the other characters maybe. The mage no, he needs the self control (it's his life or death). But there's probably someone that is more likely to indulge in smoked substances.

Weed affect you more then drink in the long run. Provided you're going lighter with the drinking and not overdoing it. Shadowheart knows the line. She can't afford to let her guard down too much. Despite the fact she's forgotten her past for reasons unknown, she also seems to know better then to "escape" and forget. She desires the answers too much because she's already forgotten and knows it. Thus why I consider her less likely to smoke anything that might "numb" her mind. In addition to not seeking pleasure due to her faith, which I already covered.

In time she'll learn to loosen up (something is going to go down with her cult at some point). Even then I think she'd want to ensure she never risks forgetting again. Even for a moment. Lose yourself for long enough and you'll understand why. Thus, why the wine?

Situation: Party.
Thought procress: When in Rome.

Take into account that she's one to hide. That also means blending in. Party. Drink. It might even be out of pure habit alone. "Just a little wine" is different then "This joint takes a hit".

Last edited by Taramafor; 14/01/22 07:55 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Umbra
Eh, just smoke a goblin child. Not a tiefling child though (they're fire resistant, they just won't light).

Yum.

G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Im pretty sure Witcher 3 had weed. I still think if kids wanna do something fun, do group sex, never been done in game industry before. All guys banging Jaheira. Or how about partying, rave, dancing?

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 14/01/22 06:27 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Umbra
(they're fire resistant, they just won't light).
Corect me if im wrong ...
But to be unlightable they would need imunity rather than resistance ... so they would burn, just lot slower and probably would require re-ingnition before every snort(? ... google translator said its right word but it feels odd ... i mean breathing the smoke in)

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
stranger
stranger
Cannabis doesn't have the rich history that alcohol has, does it? Beer, rum, wine etc. are drinks that are both ancient and ubiquitous around the world, having their place in pretty much every culture. Things like tobacco, cannabis, etc. are more regionally and historically limited. (When I say historically limited I don't mean that they didn't exist at all in ancient times but rather that they haven't been ubiquitous throughout history alcohol.)

That being said, the amount of rum and wine you can find in BG3 right now is absolutely ridiculous, not to mention the amount of camp supplies it gives you. You could do like ten long rests throughout Chapter One using only the wine you find. I say significantly decrease the quantities in which you find it, and bring it down to 1 camp supplies. Keep the price as it is though; it makes sense that it would be a novelty item whose main purpose in the game is being sold for profit.

old hand
old hand
Plus, there isn't quite the historical connection between romance and smoking (whatever the substance may be) and romance with a bottle of wine.

G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Originally Posted by GreatWarrioX
Im pretty sure Witcher 3 had weed. I still think if kids wanna do something fun, do group sex, never been done in game industry before. All guys banging Jaheira. Or how about partying, rave, dancing?

Damn, my post has still a smiley? Nice, guys.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Taylan
You could do like ten long rests throughout Chapter One using only the wine you find.
Perfect!🍷rpg007

addict
addict
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by Lady Avyna
The game features many types of alcoholic beverages, wine, and so on. But there is no weed. Why?

At the same time, in many RPG games there are drugs in the game besides alcohol. For example, Skooma and moon sugar in The Elder Scrolls.

In our society, marijuana has long been legalized in a number of countries such as Canada, the USA, some European countries, and so on.

Would it be possible not to drink wine in the romantic scene with Shadow Heart, but smoke weed?

[Linked Image from d.radikal.ru]

It has to do with the type of setting that the writers have in mind. Smoking weed to you might seem okay but it's not common to do in a romantic setting. In most romantic settings, the couple usually drinks wine together.

Why do we need all these settings, tadpoles, goblin tieflings and so on ... if there is weed in the game, then you can just sit in the camp and smoke all day long. While eating something tasty.
And there is no need to go anywhere, the main character will not give a damn about the cure for the tadpole. Roleplay that Snoop Dogg would approve of!

Then with all due respect, if that is that is what you are looking for, this isn't the game for you or fantasy setting for that matter. Sounds more like your into a more ghetto type theme. If you're using Snoop Dogg as an example.

addict
addict
The game features many types of alcoholic beverages, wine, and so on. But there is no weed. Why?

At the same time, in many RPG games there are drugs in the game besides alcohol. For example, Skooma and moon sugar in The Elder Scrolls.

In our society, marijuana has long been legalized in a number of countries such as Canada, the USA, some European countries, and so on.

Would it be possible not to drink wine in the romantic scene with Shadow Heart, but smoke weed?

It has to do with the type of setting that the writers have in mind. Smoking weed to you might seem okay but it's not common to do in a romantic setting. In most romantic settings, the couple usually drinks wine together.

Candalf smoked weed and flirted with Elf Girls all the time.

Where are you getting that from?

addict
addict
I never noticed anything about Gandalf's romantic interests when reading Tolkien's books, but there definitely were strong hints in the Peter Jackson LOTR movies and the following Hobbit trilogy that Gandalf had a puppy love crush on Galadriel. In fact, it almost seemed as if there might have been some rivalry from Saruman, too. I guess I can see what the movie was trying to do, but that aspect of their relationship did not work for me. If Macron has a crush on Merkel, I just don't want to know about it.

G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G

Candalf smoked weed and flirted with Elf Girls all the time.

Where are you getting that from?

I havent watch the trilogy in long time, but Im quite certain he did some flirting with the Queen. There was definitely some sparks. The movie doesnt tell if something happened or no.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 16/01/22 04:14 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Why do we need all these settings, tadpoles, goblin tieflings and so on ... if there is weed in the game, then you can just sit in the camp and smoke all day long. While eating something tasty.
And there is no need to go anywhere, the main character will not give a damn about the cure for the tadpole. Roleplay that Snoop Dogg would approve of!
Then with all due respect, if that is that is what you are looking for, this isn't the game for you or fantasy setting for that matter. Sounds more like your into a more ghetto type theme. If you're using Snoop Dogg as an example.
Does the following version better suit your fancy, by any chance:
Roleplay that Snoop Dogg Tommy Chong would approve of!
?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Taylan
Cannabis doesn't have the rich history that alcohol has, does it? Beer, rum, wine etc. are drinks that are both ancient and ubiquitous around the world, having their place in pretty much every culture. Things like tobacco, cannabis, etc. are more regionally and historically limited. (When I say historically limited I don't mean that they didn't exist at all in ancient times but rather that they haven't been ubiquitous throughout history alcohol.)
Well...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis#History
According to genetic and archaeological evidence, cannabis was first domesticated about 12,000 years ago in East Asia during the early Neolithic period. The use of cannabis as a mind-altering drug has been documented by archaeological finds in prehistoric societies in Eurasia and Africa.
That's about the same time when people started to make proto-beer from wheat and barley in Fertile Crescent. Although, "domesticated" != "being used".

Think it through, however:
  • Cannabis is a plant which grows by itself in any suitable climate. You don't have to do anything with it to get high, apart from optionally drying it, maybe.
  • With alcohol, you have to start with some plant rich in carbohydrates, and find a way to ferment it, which generally would require at least pottery. Not all regions of the planet were equally lucky with this: Australia, Siberia (and to a certain extent North America) had no exposure to any alcohol until the arrival of Europeans precisely due to the lack of suitable local cereals. And to distil that gruel, well that would require a still, which is a pure magick compared to a plant that doesn't require much care.

The only reason why alcohol has spread earlier and faster is that wild cannabis has a relatively small areal, while booze can be made from any kind of starch or sugars. However, it's safe to say that, by the time of Columbus, cannabis was as widespread as wine, at the very least. For example, Classical Greeks and Romans knew about cannabis and used it.

old hand
old hand
hemp

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Fruit will ferment by itself, so it's fair to say that humans knew about alcohol before the bread/beer revolution.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RutgerF
Think it through, however:
  • Cannabis is a plant which grows by itself in any suitable climate. You don't have to do anything with it to get high, apart from optionally drying it, maybe.
  • With alcohol, you have to start with some plant rich in carbohydrates, and find a way to ferment it, which generally would require at least pottery. Not all regions of the planet were equally lucky with this: Australia, Siberia (and to a certain extent North America) had no exposure to any alcohol until the arrival of Europeans precisely due to the lack of suitable local cereals. And to distil that gruel, well that would require a still, which is a pure magick compared to a plant that doesn't require much care.
Your knowledge fails you here a bit. Alcohol isn't made only from plants. There are such drinks as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumis
And now to the arguments at hand:
  • To discover that you can get high on cannabis you first of all need to decide to smoke it for some reason. And that's not something very natural. Humans really went inventive here.
  • To discover that fermented food can get you strangely light, you just need accidentally allow it to "spoil" a bit. And that's what happens even nowadays with fridges in every house.

addict
addict
How can people be complaining about a lack of cannabis in the game when there isn't a single toilet in sight? No toilets whatsoever! Not even on the otherwise fairly well-equipped mindflayer ship. People really should get their priorities straight.

Last edited by Ikke; 18/01/22 01:19 PM. Reason: forgot question mark?
old hand
old hand
Mindlayer's don't shit. They mindfart

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard