Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#806159 22/01/22 04:27 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Is it just me or do many of you also play with clunky movement? Occasionally I get smooth play but usually it is a chore moving around etc.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, having to jump around just to get where I need to be certainly seems pretty clunky to me. I'm confused why we can't simply click where we wish units to go and they simply move there, ideally climbing instead of jumping if possible.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ignatius
Well, having to jump around just to get where I need to be certainly seems pretty clunky to me. I'm confused why we can't simply click where we wish units to go and they simply move there, ideally climbing instead of jumping if possible.

+1

Even if we have to jump, outside of combat, the jumping should happen automatically via pathfinding. The jump puzzles are FAR too video-gamey for my taste.

enthusiast
enthusiast

+ also the fact that some area's are unreachable by jump while not appearing to be particularly higher or smaller (not enough surface) than other areas which are reachable by jump is frustrating. I don't want to go pixel hunting to see where I could jump or not to. Especially the "to high" feedback is frustrating as you would think it could be remedied by the jump spells, but noo, Larian say no wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by SerraSerra

+ also the fact that some area's are unreachable by jump while not appearing to be particularly higher or smaller (not enough surface) than other areas which are reachable by jump is frustrating. I don't want to go pixel hunting to see where I could jump or not to. Especially the "to high" feedback is frustrating as you would think it could be remedied by the jump spells, but noo, Larian say no wink

The frustration is even further compounded by the fact that you change to a stronger character, make the jump, and then have the exact character follow that was just told the jump was too far/high. Is the jump possible for that character or not?

Link Copied to Clipboard