Concider us teased!

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Yay! Can’t wait! claphands

veteran
veteran
Call the police Icelyn was kidnapped ...
This is clearly impostor! Not even a single confetti.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 27/01/22 08:16 PM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Call the police Icelyn was kidnapped ...
This is clearly impostor! Not even a single confetti.
celebrate celebrate celebrate

veteran
veteran
Another Panel from hell, "funny" gags, everyone cheering about it.
Current mood: Bod Dylan during the "We are the World" choir.

Last edited by Tuco; 27/01/22 08:35 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
I don't find Larian's gags fun, but will welcome an update.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Another Panel from hell, "funny" gags, everyone cheering about it.
Current mood: Bod Dylan during the "We are the World" choir.

That's gold. Thank you Tuco

old hand
old hand
Could be jabbing at Bard class, eeeh that could be looking into it to much though.

Last edited by fallenj; 28/01/22 01:35 AM.
veteran
veteran
Capitalism has destroyed gaming. Loot boxes, stuffed suits in boardrooms parsing metrics with the latest trends and buzz-words to drive game development, truncated development cycles, releasing unfinished products, gambling, pay to win....No real creativity, burned out developers getting laid off the second the game is finished.

Larian is the last studio making big games that is dedicated to gaming itself. I love the panels from hell because it's clearly something they enjoy and it shows. My friends and I get together and watch them - Swen clonking around in his big plate mail suit - and we all have a good laugh. It reminds me of the old studios before they fell, like Richard Garriott from Origin Systems - he used to throw the craziest Halloween parties every year here in Austin, always in costume. Game release days and updates were big online social events after UO was announced.

Is it cheesy? Yeah, sure, whatever, but maybe don't fart on other people's rainbows. That's all.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 28/01/22 01:48 AM.

Blackheifer
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Originally Posted by fallenj
Could be jabbing at Bard class, eeeh that could be looking into it to much though.

Im hoping something like AC Valhalla's feature, where you can ask them (Narrator?) to sing or tell stories. If they are gonna add Bard Class I hope they tie it to Narrator.

Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Capitalism has destroyed gaming. Loot boxes, stuffed suits in boardrooms parsing metrics with the latest trends and buzz-words to drive game development, truncated development cycles, releasing unfinished products, gambling, pay to win....No real creativity, burned out developers getting laid off the second the game is finished.

Larian is the last studio making big games that is dedicated to gaming itself. I love the panels from hell because it's clearly something they enjoy and it shows. My friends and I get together and watch them - Swen clonking around in his big plate mail suit - and we all have a good laugh. It reminds me of the old studios before they fell, like Richard Garriott from Origin Systems - he used to throw the craziest Halloween parties every year here in Austin, always in costume. Game release days and updates were big online social events after UO was announced.

Is it cheesy? Yeah, sure, whatever, but maybe don't fart on other people's rainbows. That's all.

To gaming itself? DOS2 wasnt even a game. If there was a game underneath it I didnt realise it. Its kinda fun, been gamer all my life.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 28/01/22 01:54 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
It reminds me of the old studios before they fell, like Richard Garriott from Origin Systems - he used to throw the craziest Halloween parties every year here in Austin, always in costume. Game release days and updates were big online social events after UO was announced.
Hah! Lord British is one of a kind, I can't recall anyone quite like him. Well, maaaaybe, if Richard Branson will suddenly pivot to gamedev, maybe we would get something of that sort. But, alas...

old hand
old hand
People in that thread seem to think it's Bard.

If it is, color me surprised, as Bards are probably the last class I expected, based on the overall complexity of the class and what their implementation will mean for the game's development future. The way Larian handles how Bardic Inspiration works is going to be a big indicator on how things like smites will work down the road too.

At the very least, Bard means we're getting a glimpse on a possible reworked reaction system.

veteran
veteran
burned out developers getting laid off the second the game is finished.
I can think about few examples who were kicked out even sooner. smirk

I love the panels from hell because it's clearly something they enjoy and it shows.
I had the same feeling in the past ...
But then few thong were pointed out to me and i watched it again with fresh eyes ...

Swen is clearly enjoying every second of it.
But have you seen Nick? That was not "im happy to be here" smile ... it seemed more like "im here bcs i draw short straw ... now i have to pretend having fun bcs otherwise you will murder my wife and kids". :-/
I mean he seemed to me really unconfortable. :-/

//Edit:
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
People in that thread seem to think it's Bard.
Concidering all previous PFH ... people often use to "expect" the class they want most. laugh
And some vague hints are searched retrospektively ... for exampke rhis woukd be third patch where some people were totally sure Paladin will come. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 28/01/22 07:59 AM.

veteran
veteran
Swen is the only one who ever seems too be genuinely enjoying himself. The rest pretend to enjoy his bullying, mocking and general disrespectful treatment of them.

E
addict
addict
E
Ugh, that tweet is so smug and self-congratulatory. The funniest people I have met in life generally do not go around saying how funny they are.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I wouldn’t say larian is the last hope for game companies - not even last in the crpg space. Off the top of my head you got obsidian with pillars 1 and 2, you have the guys who made disco asylum, you got inexile with the good wasteland games and owlcat games who seem to really care about quality. And thats not even a full list!

Last edited by Aaezil; 28/01/22 08:59 AM.
veteran
veteran
I just wish the Panels from Hell would be less about marketing fluff or empty hype and more about discussing the game, design decisions and such. Why they feel a theme park area design is good for the game. Talk about what their data collecting has revealed about EA players. Changes from 5e, resting system etc.

You know.... a panel. With actual content.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Niara
Swen is the only one who ever seems too be genuinely enjoying himself. The rest pretend to enjoy his bullying, mocking and general disrespectful treatment of them.

I agree that there's this weird "my boss is a chill guy, but he's also a bit autistic and his juvenile enthusiasm can be quite scary if directed at you" tension from time to time.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 1varangian
I just wish the Panels from Hell would be less about marketing fluff or empty hype and more about discussing the game, design decisions and such.
I would prefer that, as well. Panels from Hell are simply marketing strategy. I haven't watched the last two, outside actual content trailer.

Originally Posted by SerraSerra
Originally Posted by Niara
I agree that there's this weird "my boss is a chill guy, but he's also a bit autistic and his juvenile enthusiasm can be quite scary if directed at you" tension from time to time.
Eh, I would avoid interpreting the dynamic too much. I have done some "advertising" at work, and it is harder to look enthusiastic or natural then one may expect, and public speaking and performing isn't outside my wheelhouse exactly. Sven is very good at being a likable online persona and is using that to promote their games. Others may not come out as naturally, but they still are doing a good job. Those people are developers, not actors and youtubers.

Last edited by Wormerine; 28/01/22 12:22 PM.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard