Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
To put it in other terms: there's a difference between something with a surface crack that you have to go out of your way to exploit and something that is immediately and apparently broken from the get go, since it was almost purposefully designed to leverage its weak points as exploits.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by EvilVik
To derail this topic back to its original purpose, it's seems we'll be getting the update now in February

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/shg41u/good_news_guy_we_are_definitely_getting_a_new/

"Rough translation: happy Chinese new year guys. BG3 will have a new update in February and more surprises waiting for you guys to discover."

The Larian logo features a dude wearing a Tiger skin. Kinda makes you think Totem Warrior Barbarian, eh?

My hope is we even get to play as Karlach laugh

Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
To derail this topic back to its original purpose, it's seems we'll be getting the update now in February

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/shg41u/good_news_guy_we_are_definitely_getting_a_new/

"Rough translation: happy Chinese new year guys. BG3 will have a new update in February and more surprises waiting for you guys to discover."

The Larian logo features a dude wearing a Tiger skin. Kinda makes you think Totem Warrior Barbarian, eh?

I would rather think about the year of the Tiger in China. But who knows.

veteran
veteran
Nah ...
That is just logo for their Malaysian office ...

You can see the logo in here:

And here is image with few other Larian logos from around the globe:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Just saying i would certainly not take it as a hint. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 01/02/22 03:58 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
People in that thread seem to think it's Bard.

If it is, color me surprised, as Bards are probably the last class I expected, based on the overall complexity of the class and what their implementation will mean for the game's development future. The way Larian handles how Bardic Inspiration works is going to be a big indicator on how things like smites will work down the road too.

At the very least, Bard means we're getting a glimpse on a possible reworked reaction system.
Even ignoring leaks/datamining Larian has explicitly stated all the classes and races from them player's handbook ('stock' basically) are going to be in BG3, albiet not necessarily all in the early access; they also said they wanted to have the testers look forward to some stuff in the launch!
Bard will be in the game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
Even ignoring leaks/datamining Larian has explicitly stated all the classes and races from them player's handbook ('stock' basically) are going to be in BG3, albiet not necessarily all in the early access; they also said they wanted to have the testers look forward to some stuff in the launch!
Yeah, but no one was wondering if the bard will be in the game in general. The doubt was about the class being the subject of the next update.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
Yeah, but no one was wondering if the bard will be in the game in general. The doubt was about the class being the subject of the next update.

Why do we assume there will be a new class?
They might as well leave the rest for the premiere.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Why do we assume there will be a new class?
They might as well leave the rest for the premiere.
I'm not assuming anything.
People were wondering if the next patch will have a new one and if it will be the bard.

veteran
veteran
If it's Valentine's Day themed, a Bard centric panel could be rife with ribald humor.

Considering D&D bards are often played as over the top lotharios the meme value alone seems like an easy play for Larian.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sozz
If it's Valentine's Day themed, a Bard centric panel could be rife with ribald humor.

Considering D&D bards are often played as over the top lotharios the meme value alone seems like an easy play for Larian.

*starts humming 'Beads of Love' from The Legend of Vox Machina*

veteran
veteran
Well considering more or less the whole of China goes on a one week holiday it might be that they wanted to give the news before the holidays, and we will get it more officially during that time.
Makes sence ...
If you care about why they anounced it in china ... my question would be more like why they didnt in rest of the world. :-/

I mean sure, we dont have any holidays (at least i dont know about any) but they totally could translate the same status to english and post it aswell in my opinion. :-/

Maybe im overeacting here (since im really geting sick of this attitude from other companies ... especialy Blizzard), but it seems just as if they were telling: "China means more for us than the rest of you." :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 02/02/22 03:38 PM.

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Maybe im overeacting here (since im really geting sick of this attitude from other companies ... especialy Blizzard), but it seems just as if they were telling: "China means more for us than the rest of you." :-/

I wouldn't be too worried. The Chinese Larian team will also go completely offline for a week, and it's a very common thing to do some sort of Happy New Year greeting, as it's considered one of the biggest holidays over there.
And we found out anyway, so no loss there wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Perhaps they announced it early there because the Chinese team will be on vacation when the announcement is officially made to the rest of the world.

At any rate, when they say there will be an update this month, it doesn't sound like it's going to be this week or next week, or else the language of the announcement would specify that. We probably still have a few more weeks to wait.

journeyman
journeyman
Perhaps they announced it early there because the Chinese team will be on vacation when the announcement is officially made to the rest of the world.

At any rate, when they say there will be an update this month, it doesn't sound like it's going to be this week or next week, or else the language of the announcement would specify that. We probably still have a few more weeks to wait.

Well, it didn't happen on the Lunar Newyear, and Larian is likely looking for a holiday release. If it's ready in time, it will likely be released on V day. Besides, only 26 days left of this month, so they can't push it off too far.

veteran
veteran
Yay for PFH today and hopefully the patch as well! celebrate

stranger
stranger
I got a fever and the only prescription is patch 7.

R
old hand
old hand
R
New UI looks much better than the old one, I wonder how functional it will be with a lot of spells.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
New UI looks much better than the old one, I wonder how functional it will be with a lot of spells.
What new ui? O_o

Umbra Offline OP
OP Offline

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard