Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#749070 03/01/21 08:21 PM
Murach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hope this is ok to ask here, I need some new game suggestions. I love RPG games, I have one major flaw though, I CANNOT play first person games or even games were the camera is over the shoulder so I need some game suggestions to keep me going while I wait for the next BG3 Update.

I have played and loved DOS1 and 2, also enjoyed Pillars, BG1 and 2, Tyranny, Grim dawn, dungeon siege. Also love cartoon style puzzlers like deponia, day of the tentacle, broken sword...

Any suggestions out there?

Also BIG thank you to Larian for making such fantastic games that don't make me sick \o/

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Have you tried Pathfinder:Kingmaker?

veteran
veteran
In addition to Kingmaker, there are also Pillars 2, and Tower of Time.

A
stranger
stranger
A
You could also try torment: tides of numenera. I've been having some fun with Solasta EA as well, juuust about 10h in and I'm probably in the end game (almost lvl6!)

veteran
veteran
I second T:ToN. People criticize that game but I found it a very enjoyable gaming experience, and my only real complaint was that it was too short. You just need to ignore people's comparisons of T:ToN to Ps:T and take it as its own thing.

veteran
veteran
It'sa bit different than the mentioned fantasy games, but my favorite game of all times is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. It has the best writing and really great voice acting and the storyline is great. It is a harror rpg though, so beware of a bit more darker topics. But for me, it's the goto game, when everything else fails.
Depending on which clan you play, the story can unfold a bit differently - especially if you play as Nosferatu or Malkavian (my favorite clan). Those are not recommended for first playthrough though. The game itself is heavily bugged, but there is an unofficial patch out there, that not only eliminated most bugs, but also added restored content, which includes questlines and characters.

More traditionally, I can recommend the Dragon Age series. Dragon Age Origins is generally seen as a masterpiece, DA 2 is a flawed gem, with one of the best protagonists out there, Hawke, and Dragon Age Inquisition is a huge open world game - it is great too, but has some more annoying fetch quests than the other two. My favorite despite its flaws is DA2, I think, I might have played that game nearly as often as Bloodlines.

And I really enjoyed Kingdoms of Amalur, it has a really nice fighting system and I love the artwork.

Last edited by fylimar; 12/01/21 07:34 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
S
stranger
stranger
S
I would like to add my conclusion about Kingmaker ...if you're willing to suffer through the gameplay to see the story to its end, the game is worth playing. Otherwise, it's not. I'm personally stuck between regret from having wasted so many days on the annoying gameplay, and satisfaction from having seen the story to its end. If you want to relax and enjoy the game, I advise you to play something like HuniePop. There’s a growing demand for games like HuniePop sheerly due to the excessive amount of fun and satisfying gameplay that this offering delivers. Some similar games you can find on techshout.com.

Last edited by Solomonius; 29/03/21 11:41 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Hey, Murach! Usually, I play the MMORPG games like New World, World of Warcraft, Lineage, Lost Ark from my desktop.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by MaryWenzelp
Hey, Murach! Usually, I play the MMORPG games like New World, World of Warcraft, Lineage, Lost Ark from my desktop.
In my free time on transport, I like playing Freecell online free games from my smartphone just to clear my mind and throw some old school cards. This helped me a lot in dealing with stress and clearing my mind. My favourite game on this platform is spider game free. Easy to run, has good compatibility, and the no download required version makes this game even better.

G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Kingdome Come Deliverence is the new kid on the block. I actually start to play Greedfall soon, its supposed to be somekind of RPG, gotta finish Outriders before. Its damn fun. Solo Tier 7.

Originally Posted by fylimar
And I really enjoyed Kingdoms of Amalur, it has a really nice fighting system and I love the artwork.

Have you played Immortals Fenyx Rising? It has KoA vibe.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 09/02/22 07:26 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by GreatWarrioX

I had to abandon it after only a few hours; it was a bit too crashy and I never got back to it, so I couldn't quite work out if the humour was charming or would ultimately become irritating.

J'aime le fromage.
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by GreatWarrioX

I had to abandon it after only a few hours; it was a bit too crashy and I never got back to it, so I couldn't quite work out if the humour was charming or would ultimately become irritating.

It was pretty fun. I think I played it like 5 month ago and worked nicely.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard