Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
Online Content
veteran
The fact they barely confirmed a patch is coming without setting the date for the PFH makes me think they aren’t releasing it this week, anyway.

Everyone assumed a Valentine-themed show, but at this point it seems likely that they are looking past that date.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tuco
The fact they barely confirmed a patch is coming without setting the date for the PFH makes me think they aren’t releasing it this week, anyway.

Everyone assumed a Valentine-themed show, but at this point it seems likely that they are looking past that date.
Really?

Adventurers, quick question for you before the weekend: What do all of these things have in common?

A sword
An axe
An entire goblin
Economy-size wine bottle
Just a bit of goblin
A friendly wizard

That probably about PFH, so P7 on next week definitely.

Last edited by arion; 09/02/22 12:29 PM.
veteran
Online Content
veteran
What’s your question, exactly?

I doubt they are going to drop a PFH as a surprise live thing without announcing a date and time at least few days in advance.
Which means it’s unlikely to be this week at this point.

The patch on the other hand could be basically concurrent to the panel, if they wanted.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
I agree, that it will probably not drop this week. So far, they tease a bit, but there is no date set yet.

I will probably finish my current playthroughs before switching to a new Patch, since I use mods, that are most likely not working for a while after the patch. I really hope, they adress some of the megathreads here ... apart from the Minthara one - it seems, whenever someone cries 'Minthara is ugly' - that gets fixed. I wish the other threads would get the Minthara treatment. So day/night, party of six, movment, etc.

Last edited by fylimar; 09/02/22 02:46 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Typical Larian timescales is 2 weeks after the initial announcement. However, they said that "Patch 7 is on the horizon" which seems longer than past timescales of "around the corner," so who knows?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
However, they said that "Patch 7 is on the horizon" which seems longer than past timescales of "around the corner,"
laugh

I am hoping for next week.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I think it would have been better if the actual city of BG was there.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Alealexi
I think it would have been better if the actual city of BG was there.

Good luck waiting for Baldur's Gate to appear in Early Access. That is likely act 2, and EA is only ever going to be act 1. THe most we can hope for is at best, Moonrise towers, Mountain Pass and the SHadowlands. ANd I doubt they will add all 3 paths to EA because well.... keeping something back for full release is best imo.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
So ...
https://baldursgate3.game/

Splashes of blood everywhere, smashed plate with vegetables, spilled beer, and several axes stuck in different places ...
I gues Barbarian is by now quite safe bet. laugh

But i wonder if there is more in that picture ...
It seems like some kind of tavern ... cauldron bubbling over fire ... do you think its possible that we shall get first crafting mechanics to test? Specificaly cooking? O:) That would be great!

Also that writing "5th edition" is quite intriguing ...
But maybe im just catching stalks here. :-/
On the other hand, all patches that bring this game closer to 5e was the most popular so ... place your bets people! laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 11/02/22 05:30 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
enthusiast
enthusiast
Lots of spilled substances. Blood. Ale. A broken bottle of green stuff on the floor.

The shield above the mantle has a raven and a rune, which literally means 'Man'.

The mugs appear to have the nordic symbols aegirhjalmr (helm of terror) and vegvisir (nordic compass) on them

I count 4 axes and a dagger

If it means anything, I would concur that it indicates barbarian

veteran
veteran
https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1492166769150238727?s=20&t=L2Yh2sfvYpANRRV9kxMn7A

Panel from Hell Feb 15. Title: 5th Edition.

The title makes my imagination race dangerously. I assume that hoping for "5e ruleset mode" is probably out of bounds. But I would assume it has something to do with D&D 5e ruleset. Reaction system closer to how it should work? It is not impossible - Sven mentioned they are working on reaction revamp, and if they want to introduce other classes it might be a necessary step.

Last edited by Wormerine; 11/02/22 07:17 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
OK, I’m guessing Barbarian, thrown weapons, level 5

addict
addict
5th Edition perhaps simply because it is the 5th PFH?

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by Riandor
You must be incredible fun on parties. laugh
Come on, loose a little ... allow yourself to dream a bit. :P

We dont need bitterness and racionalism, there was enough of that lately around here. :P

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Riandor
I think the pun that's it's the 5th PFH is obvious, but last two titles of PFH were tied to its content, though not necesarily patch's content. PFH3 was titled "A Most Noble Sacrifice" but it was the LARP thingy Larian did, and PFH4 was "Grimforge".

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Oh maybe we get Larian actualy playing regular DnD session?
That would be interesting way to see how they see the game. O_o

enthusiast
enthusiast
So, do we call this one PFH5e, then?

veteran
veteran
If they would indeed implement the 5e rules a bit more faithful, that would be a nice surprise. But I'm not holding my breath here - also I do think, the reaction system might be a possibility. Barbarian too.

Before I download the patch, I will finish my playthroughs with mods though. By the time, I'm done with that, the mods may work again with the new patch.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
There's a icon on the beer mug that'll tell you the location more than likely, if anyone is forgotten realms lore knowledgeable.

old hand
old hand
teasing from Larian

How many feathers can dance on the head of a phallus?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard