Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#807761 15/02/22 08:27 PM
K
Kaldric Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Its great and all but I would like to address something. THEY STILL HAVENT FIXED DEVIL SIGHT AND THE DARKNESS SPELL. I mean it cant be THAT hard to fix

Kaldric #807796 15/02/22 10:31 PM
veteran
veteran
UI is a great improvement. I still kinda hope there was a way to easier group items together, but there should be enough space now to not have to use containers too much.

Nothing really changed about a toilet chain, but group-ungroup all now doesn't require digging into option, and stealth all is a much needed addition.

JUMP DOESN'T THUMP ANYMORE. That is such a welcome change. Visually it seems snappier, but also bugs out - half of the time the character teleports to the destination, skiping "flying in the air" all together.

Kaldric #807824 16/02/22 12:37 AM
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
This is awesome.. must resist the EA/pre-order. Those graphics reminds me of Creedfall, they are so clean and crisp. Btw, should EA-version and pre-order version be different? I dont want to EA but I want to pre-order.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 16/02/22 12:48 AM.
Kaldric #807826 16/02/22 12:54 AM
apprentice
apprentice
They fixed the beard clipping for dwarves! It's still not perfect, but it's way better than it was before. Now I don't have to be content with playing a near-beardless member of the Moradin's Folk (it was a harrowing experience).

Kaldric #807833 16/02/22 01:26 AM
addict
addict
Another disappointing Patch. No big changes.

My hopes for this game are slowly fading.

They have 1 year left and cutscenes still look horrendous.

Kaldric #807848 16/02/22 02:39 AM
N
stranger
stranger
N
I have a problem. The launcher tells me that the installed graphics driver 473.04 is older than the proposed version 496.13 and I should update the driver. But my version is the current version, released on 31.01.2022. When I close this box, I only get the "get started" option, but none to run the game.

Kaldric #807863 16/02/22 05:02 AM
veteran
Online Content
veteran
This sounds great from the patch notes:
Added brand new spell-casting animations that are tailored to each spell-casting class, giving each class a unique look.

Kaldric #807864 16/02/22 05:09 AM
veteran
veteran
Patch is amazing. I love it!

UI changes very welcome, nice work. Group stealth, ungroup all buttons are very welcome. However is there a Lock button for the UI? I have pulled a few things off the bar.

Love the new animations and the improvements to narration.

Finally the Barbarian is a brilliant and fun addition. I like that you guys left the Exhaustion mechanic on the cutting room floor. I was hoping you would. it's a terrible mechanic that should never have been put in 5E. No doubt someone will QQ about it. I look forward to making fun of them.

Also major props for not releasing the Paladin. I can refill my supply of the "tears of Pally Fanbois" which I use to spice my food. It's a rare delicacy.

The revamped throw mechanic is extremely well-implemented so far. I look forward to having some major multiplayer shenanigans with that one.

Finally the game world feels much more stable and polished overall. Wunderbar!

Blackheifer
Blackheifer #807865 16/02/22 05:31 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Group stealth, ungroup all buttons are very welcome.
I mean, it's better than getting a frontal kick and I'm surely happier with these functions than without them, but at some point you have to wonder at what lengths is Larian willing to go NOT give up on their obscene chain system?

Especially because even with this they aren't exactly reaching "feature parity" with the alternative.
Setting an ordinate formation and/or keeping your party in a specific order is still a mess, for example.

Last edited by Tuco; 16/02/22 05:32 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Icelyn #807888 16/02/22 08:29 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Added brand new spell-casting animations that are tailored to each spell-casting class, giving each class a unique look.
Im a little affraid to be honest ...
Wyll was allready quite bad in hiding his class ... now it will be even worse. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 16/02/22 08:29 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
Kaldric #807892 16/02/22 09:00 AM
Didn't expect more than which was given, its still underwhelming. Progress seems slow, communication non-existant.
End of 2023 is far away.

Icelyn #807893 16/02/22 09:10 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Icelyn

Yes, because cosmetic changes are what is drastically needed opposed to all of the mechanical issues that still persist even after the patch.

Blackheifer #807951 16/02/22 03:36 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Patch is amazing. I love it!
Well, at least someone loves it. An improvement, I suppose.

However is there a Lock button for the UI? I have pulled a few things off the bar.
Don't worry, hotbar's customisations are not persisted. Every time you load from save, all shortcut buttons are restored to their default bands and shuffled randomly - you know, to make sure you can actually memorise the pictograms. I'm absolutely sure you will love it.

improvements to narration.
Can you provide some examples of changed narrations? I wasn't able to spot any, so far.

The revamped throw mechanic is extremely well-implemented so far.
You mean, the visuals? I struggle to find any other differences.

Kaldric #808043 17/02/22 12:32 AM
old hand
old hand
There is nothing in this patch that will force me to go through early access 3 or 4 times again, as saves stop working.

I think it's better to wait for a few more such patches, and only then launch and watch. One and a half years before the release of the full version -_-

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Kaldric #808046 17/02/22 01:08 AM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I'm having fun with the patch so far. Sure, not as big a change as patch 6, and the barbarian class is not the most interesting gameplay compared to the sorcerer, but it still feels fresh. Looking forward to finding some of the new items.

One big QOL change that was a major surprise for me: space bar does NOT confirm dialog options anymore. That way we can skip through the dialog super quickly, without having to worry about validating a dialog option too quickly. It's the small things.

sheffie01 #808048 17/02/22 02:12 AM
C
addict
addict
C
Originally Posted by sheffie01
One big QOL change that was a major surprise for me: space bar does NOT confirm dialog options anymore. That way we can skip through the dialog super quickly, without having to worry about validating a dialog option too quickly. It's the small things.

Is that what that is? I'd noticed "spacing through dialog doesn't seem as horked," and I'd assumed that's what's happening. And yes, 100%, it's the small things like that.

sheffie01 #808059 17/02/22 03:50 AM
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by sheffie01
the barbarian class is not the most interesting gameplay compared to the sorcerer, but it still feels fresh.
Sorcerer is the best class for sure! 😊

Kaldric #808091 17/02/22 07:36 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
What I've immediately noticed is how the tags are no longer displayed anywhere on the character sheet. Are they purposefully hidden so they aren't as obvious, or will there be a separate tab for them later? Because, say, getting branded is implemented via slapping a tag on the character. Scanning through items and such also revealed the lack of slings and darts (yes, I am at it again) in the simple weapon proficiency category on the new character sheet and the missing ammunition property on ranged weapons (crossbows are still Loading, though, which doesn't mean anything at this point in the development).

The new UI in general is... strange. It feels both too minimal and having too much cramped into it at the same time. I guess it's better suited for spellcasters' convenience, which is ironic given the thematic class for this patch. Returning to the D:OS1-style charsheet in the end is kinda amusing but also showcases how experimenting with it didn't really lead anywhere.

Honestly, while Patch 6 was a good dose of optimism, this one's a bit on the opposite side. There are still no changes to reactions, or dodgy mechanics (pun intended, seeing how the Dodge action doesn't exist still), or level 5 being added (despite what many have thought the name of the PfH meant). Considering how the actual game is being developed on top of updating this, will there end up being too much stuff that's changed way too late or not changed at all? I dunno.

Kaldric #808110 17/02/22 10:36 AM
veteran
veteran
I'm gonna say it, I'm happy with the 2023 release. I'm also surprised at how many in itinere changes are happening for polish.

IrenicusBG3 #808152 17/02/22 04:26 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
Another disappointing Patch. No big changes.

My hopes for this game are slowly fading.

Right there with you with just some minor tweaks: "My interest in playing this game is quickly fading."

Originally Posted by S2PHANE
... its still underwhelming. Progress seems slow, communication non-existent. End of 2023 is far away.

Sad thing is, I did expect more than what was given. I need to stop doing that. I'm glad they made a lot of quality of life enhancements, but shouldn't the quality of life enhancements be secondary to giving your EA player base new things to try and break. A class that just hits things a little harder than the Fighter, and the ability to throw goblin children at their parents, are not interesting enough to me to play through everything again. Hell, I'll go back and play Neverwinter Nights, at least in there I can cast a fireball.

Last edited by Temohjyn; 17/02/22 04:29 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard