Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
stranger
stranger
Thanks to Larian for clearly showing that they care about the community (alot of feedback was obviously taken care of and implemented) , and they even invited the most popular BG3 youtube influencer to their show.

Now for the next patch i really really would like to see the possibility to add a full customized party to my game without the multiplayer workaround - not everyone has buddies who like to play this game with / or a fast computer who can multiload the game.

stranger
stranger
w00t, congrats on the patch! Haven't tested it out yet but sounds great.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Looks like a great patch.
Haven't tried it yet but some of many player's main concerns seems to go in the right direction (mostly the UI).

Don't forget to turn shove into an action next time, please smile

I'm so disappointed Maximuuus. Not only did they NOT reduce Shove distance, they gave us ridiculous throw so characters can now Shove and Throw ridiculous distances in a single round.

I understand it's EA, but they don't seem to be moving in the right direction. Instead of fixing extreme mechanics, they're adding more. I said more in the Shoooove thread.

Yay Barbarian! Yay UI fix. Hope it's all they said it is. LOOKS good. Hope it works as good as they say. But overall, until they fix the OP mechanics, this game is going to continue to be frustrating.

We had to wait for patch 5 for them to fix disengage/jump and bonus action.

Patch 7 isn't focussed on action economy and balance but on the new class, the UI, a few new features and a lot of polish.

I still think that they will fix shove (and throw, and so on) in one of the next update.

I can hear that they want to allow players to have fun / to do "stupid" things. But I can't think that they plan to ruin very interresting feature to make them "common cheesy mechanics" in a tactical game.

Shove is not fun because it's a bonus action and throwing is not fun because you can throw things so far.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 16/02/22 12:28 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't see it mentioned anywhere, and I can't recall this in previous patches, but Shift + left click on items in the inventory marks them as wares.

Is it a new thing, or did I missed it before?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RutgerF
I don't see it mentioned anywhere, and I can't recall this in previous patches, but Shift + left click on items in the inventory marks them as wares.

Is it a new thing, or did I missed it before?
You did miss it before.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It would really, really be nice, and much appreciated, if the Devs would explain why you took the narrator channel mute out of the game. I've complained several times about this, and it would be nice if the Devs would provide their reasoning for removing that option from the game. It destroys the immersion of the game for me, and I'm far from the only one to complain about this. It was a much sought feature in DOS, and positive accolades were overwhelming when it was added.

If there is a way to do it via a settings file, I would immediately do it. Please try and be forthcoming about that important feature exclusion. You have plenty of time to reinstate this option, and it would be pleasing to know if at least you have plans to restore it before the game finally ships in 2023.

Edit: I own a 24-thread CPU so I have more than enough horsepower to handle a separate thread for the narrator audio. Please don't hobble the game by trying to shoe-horn it into 8 threads for consoles--even though they should be able to do 16 threads, themselves. Being able to adjust the volume on the narrator track (down to 0) was a brilliant feature when Larian introduced it, and it's a shame not to include it in BG3.

Last edited by Waltc; 16/02/22 05:28 PM.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
veteran
veteran
Looks like a great patch.
Haven't tried it yet but some of many player's main concerns seems to go in the right direction (mostly the UI).

Don't forget to turn shove into an action next time, please smile

I'm so disappointed Maximuuus. Not only did they NOT reduce Shove distance, they gave us ridiculous throw so characters can now Shove and Throw ridiculous distances in a single round.

I understand it's EA, but they don't seem to be moving in the right direction. Instead of fixing extreme mechanics, they're adding more. I said more in the Shoooove thread.

Yay Barbarian! Yay UI fix. Hope it's all they said it is. LOOKS good. Hope it works as good as they say. But overall, until they fix the OP mechanics, this game is going to continue to be frustrating.

We had to wait for patch 5 for them to fix disengage/jump and bonus action.

Patch 7 isn't focussed on action economy and balance but on the new class, the UI, a few new features and a lot of polish.

I still think that they will fix shove (and throw, and so on) in one of the next update.

I can hear that they want to allow players to have fun / to do "stupid" things. But I can't think that they plan to ruin very interresting feature to make them "common cheesy mechanics" in a tactical game.

Shove is not fun because it's a bonus action and throwing is not fun because you can throw things so far.

Playing Barbarian Dwarf. Threw intellect devourer to lower level of the nautiloid. Half its health gone in one throw. 2 rounds later, shoved thrall OFF the nautiloid from the upper, inner level. One shove KO. Next round, threw devourer again to lower level. Killed it. Next round, shoved another thrall off nautiloid.

Yeah. Needs some fixing. Killed Zalk too, with mind flayer help, of course, without using a single weapon or spell on him. Throwing imps and shoving into brine puddles and such.

Other than that, I am noticing improvements, and I do think the UI is better. Needs some work still, but better.

Well, at least, those are my initial impressions.

I
stranger
stranger
I
I would like to write my comments, if only patch 7 was released on mac. Still have to wait a month or so…

veteran
veteran

I never really understood why people love this Twilight vampire but I really hate him. I always killed him before but in a very unatractive way (attack...).
THANK YOU Larian to give us a beautifull and appealing cinematic to kill him. It was a really good time.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
stranger
stranger
Is the macOS version on GOG live yet?
I see the patch notes but the installed version is still 4.1.1.13....

veteran
veteran
Hey!

I just noticed something!
And its not written in patchnotes, while it should be on first place written by golden decorated font with smailies throwing confetti all around it!

celebrate celebrate celebrate Spacebar no longer pick dialogue choices!!! celebrate celebrate celebrate

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 16/02/22 09:58 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh thank goodness

V
stranger
stranger
V
Any more content(and yes i read and i dont think so from the descriptions of things) as far as how far you can go? aka does it still more or less stop at that elevator thing ...or does it go further now?

veteran
veteran
Ok. Combat is SO much faster, at least at the beginning. Haven't gotten past the grove, but dang the grove fight was MUCH better. Kudos!

AI thinks faster all the way around. Some enemies acted so quickly I barely saw what they did and the camera jumped to the next enemy.

I'm noticing a lot of polish on areas in the last patch that were bad as well. So also very nice.

Dwarf's beard's a bit glitchy. It has a mind of its own.

Oh, and glitch occurred with Kagha Barbarian Intimidation dialogue option. Computer hung up for like a full minute before things happened. It was like the game wasn't sure what it was supposed to do.

Arrows also do delay. Enemy shoots. Nothing happens for like 3 seconds, then you see the arrow fly.

Question:. Why the dance every time someone throws something? I thought that was a bit weird. First time Wyll threw a potion and spun in circles, I thought he'd cast some weird new healing spell. I mean, it's okay, but seems like they're doing a discus throw.

Anyway, overall I'm actually quite happy. Shove/Throw is my only real problem so far with the changes.

L
addict
addict
L
Ok. Combat is SO much faster, at least at the beginning. Haven't gotten past the grove, but dang the grove fight was MUCH better. Kudos!

AI thinks faster all the way around. Some enemies acted so quickly I barely saw what they did and the camera jumped to the next enemy.

I'm noticing a lot of polish on areas in the last patch that were bad as well. So also very nice.

Dwarf's beard's a bit glitchy. It has a mind of its own.

Oh, and glitch occurred with Kagha Barbarian Intimidation dialogue option. Computer hung up for like a full minute before things happened. It was like the game wasn't sure what it was supposed to do.

Arrows also do delay. Enemy shoots. Nothing happens for like 3 seconds, then you see the arrow fly.

Question:. Why the dance every time someone throws something? I thought that was a bit weird. First time Wyll threw a potion and spun in circles, I thought he'd cast some weird new healing spell. I mean, it's okay, but seems like they're doing a discus throw.

Anyway, overall I'm actually quite happy. Shove/Throw is my only real problem so far with the changes.

Is this your throw-only run? How goes it?

veteran
veteran

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you for all the hard work! I'm having so much, and it looks wonderful. This CRPG will be one for the History books. It has the potential to be the best ever made.

Small thing (I posted this in the appropriate pages already): the "Data Mismatch" message in the GOG launcher. I did everything the Support Page says, but the message is still there. HOWEVER, no issues or crashes at all, so.... I dunno, everything is working fine so far. I'm in the Dank Crypt, before the first battle in the Grove. Everyone's computers seem to be reacting differently though.... so it's a weird issue.

I'm sure you guys are looking into it, so thanks again!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Sir Dent
One: Give us fireball instead of just taunting us with references to the spell.

My Disappointment is Immeasurable

Honestly, I cannot express in clear concise language how disappointed I was when I realized that this new update didn't at least raise the level cap one level. It's my assumption that part of early access is to let players break some things so that they are made right for the full release. At some point we're going to need to see how third level (and beyond) spells break things. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see more classes are being integrated. Though I too was flummoxed that we got Barbarians but not half-orcs. Combat seems to be going much more quickly, and, for me anyway, the entire game has just run more smoothly. Thanks for that. Having said that, it's no wonder the ETA for the full release isn't until 2023. At the current update rate, if we're only ever getting one class or race at a time, accompanied by "little" fixes that improve the overall game performance, I wouldn't expect full release until Christmas 2023 at the earliest.

I'll echo MarcoNeves, this game has the potential to set the bar for CRPGs. That said, adding a throw mechanic and Barbarian class is just not enough to entice me to play, again, through everything I've already played through with a different class. I'd be interested to know how many other players out there feel the same way. What's the attrition rate after a new patch comes out? I created a Barbarian and played through a few different encounters, and now I'm already bored, because the story is the same, and I know there's nothing coming that I haven't already seen. If the purpose of EA is to allow the community to help you test the game, then making sure people want to continue to play the game has to be part of the business strategy, does it not? Moving forward, unless they increase the level cap, or there is a significant amount of new story added to the game, I won't be playing it. I'm sure there will be enough other people playing it that they'll get decent feedback, but I still can't help but think that these one-piece-at-a-time plus quality of life updates are alienating a fair number of the EA users. Maybe I'm wrong. It's happened before.

veteran
veteran
I didnt get the refference for Wu-Tang ... since this was never my kind of music.
But Gale reminds me Naruto when casting (especialy Shocking Grasp) and i love it. :3

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
C
stranger
stranger
C
I may just be ignorant here, but why is the Path of the Totem Warrior named Wildheart? I mean, Wildheart does kind of sound cooler but they've gone by the book for most naming conventions so far, why change now? Random? Sure. But this has burrowed into my brain and I can't get it out.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard