Okay there's a lot to say about the UI and after I played a few jours, I have an opinion about a few things.
1) The very good
1.1 The "initiative bar" - I absolutely love it. It's way smaller than before and way less intrusive (smaller portrait, no more space between them, follow the upper border,...).
1.2 The tooltips - Definitely better. Easier to read and understand. I noticed a few bugs in descriptions but whatever, the revamp is very good.
1.3 The new inventory/equipment/character sheet/spellbook menu. I like it a lot too. All the missing informations are now there and it's way easier to read and understand.
BUT : The inventory management is still a pain.
- the game lack real filters to only show certain types of items like we have in the trading window (weapons, armors, consumables, food, misc, quest,...). Auto sorting items by types, weight, value and so on can be usefull, but it's still a big sorted mess...
WoTR also allow us to pick up a lot of items but the inventory use / management is easier, especially because of these filters.
2) What is not really good
2.1 The mini
maximap. I like that you remove all those icons unrelated all arround. But the minimap is unnecessarily big. I find the minimap almost useless but if I have to live with it, I'd like it to be smaller. The texts on it should scale the zoom level.
2.2 The portrait on the left. Looks pretty good when you're outside combats, but it's something else when you engage. These dotted lines are awefull tbh and it gives no additionnal informations. The portrait move a bit to the right when you're in combat, eating 1 more centimeters of the screen for no valuable reasons. The combat icon (2 little sword) could somewhere else so the portrait stay aligned on the left of the screen. In exemple, in the middle of the portraits... Or on the right, depending what you plan with the popup appearing when you move your mouse on a portrait... And here comes the very bad.
3) The very bad.
3.1 The popup on the left when you move your mouse on a portrait. This one require screenshots.
- This popup repeat a few informations you have everywhere else (HP, buff/debuff) => not necessary to repeat.
- This popup also show you information you just don't have to see on a popup and that you can usually find elsewhere (race, speed, AC, "action points" available) => not necessary on a popup.
- Weight and gold is something you easily see when you click the "group panel" button => not necessary
- Everything else can be seen elsewhere and ofc, you can always select another character to see something else, like the remaining actions/bonus actions if you need to.
I'm not playing multiplayer so I'm not sure what is really usefull and what is not for these players, but for solo players this whole popup is almost useless.
In the end, if something is necessary in it, it could result in a way smaller and more elegant popup rather than this big thing that, on top of that may hide a bit the portrait of characters when they're engaged (because the portrait is a bit more on the right, you get it ?)
==> shadowheart, cleric level 3, eventually half high elf, (action left for MP ?), End.
3.2 The popup on the top when your mouse is on an engaged ennemy portrait.
This one is the same but even worse because it completely hide another part of the user interface (with the same informations, once again).
Just a reminder : right click on a creature allow us to check everything about it.
Back to our popup, "buggy position" aside, do I really need to see all these informations "fast" ?
Name : YES
HP : YES
Buff/debuff : YES
Level : NO
AC : NO (%to hit is life)
Speed : NO
Race : not sure, but I'd say NO
Actions left : NO
Weight and gold : Definitely NO
Once again, most of these informations are useless.
- IMO, you should put some informations on the portrait : HP and Buff/debuff. About conditions it would be way easier/faster to move your mouse on "small conditions icons" on the portrait to read the tooltip than having to click "T" to fix the popup and read the tooltip...
Nothing else is an information you have to see fast in combat. Right click on the creature and check his creature sheet is enough.
You got it, I really dislike this popup window !
Takes too much time for now : hotbar and "red upper bar" for the next time