Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
stranger
stranger
M
Same here, multiples install, even deleted everything. The trouble begun with installing the patch on Steam, it taked forever and maybe froze.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have tried re-loading several time and have verified all the files several times, have never loaded a MOD. Have gone back to earlier saves but the game keeps crashing on last fight of nautiloid. Please fix this, there is nothing I have done wrong from my end. Also love the Barbarian but until you add level 5 we will never be able to test perhaps the biggest milestones in the game.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I am having this same issue as well - however, deleting the Larian Studio / Steam BG3 files did nothing. All settings are on their lowest, etc. And it always crashes exactly when I start choosing hair options, it is not by coincidence. It ran fine for many hours yesterday, when I was playing Patch 6. I am at a loss.

Last edited by philalethistry; 17/02/22 01:16 AM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Having same issue, ran perfectly fine until I got to the daytime scene after Astarion's Bite. Tried to swap his armor, crashed to desktop. Deleting the recommended files did nothing, and the files were verified before launching the game proper. The crash said it was due to mismatch, even though everything should be fine. This needs an immediate fix and fast.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by philalethistry
I am having this same issue as well - however, deleting the Larian Studio / Steam BG3 files did nothing. All settings are on their lowest, etc. And it always crashes exactly when I start choosing hair options, it is not by coincidence. It ran fine for many hours yesterday, when I was playing Patch 6. I am at a loss.

So I found, after uninstalling/reinstalling again, files labelled Profile 6 inside the Larian Studio file in appdata/local. After deleting those specifically (instead of the whole file), I was forced to make a new profile, but I finally got past character creation. However, the game did crash a few moments after I started exploring the Nautiloid ship, with the same message about corrupted data afterwards...

A
stranger
stranger
A
I had the same issue, tried a gog galaxy install didn't work, steam install also didn't work. Always had the same warning in Larian Launcher even though I never installed mods and verified the files a few times. What worked for me was browsing to BG3 installation folder and launching bg3.exe, this bypasses the larian launcher and I don't think you can play online with it but it works fine for me. Relaunched game 3 times and no problems. bg3_dx11.exe still freezes for whatever reason so I don't use that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by aldrigsova
I had the same issue, tried a gog galaxy install didn't work, steam install also didn't work. Always had the same warning in Larian Launcher even though I never installed mods and verified the files a few times. What worked for me was browsing to BG3 installation folder and launching bg3.exe, this bypasses the larian launcher and I don't think you can play online with it but it works fine for me. Relaunched game 3 times and no problems. bg3_dx11.exe still freezes for whatever reason so I don't use that.

Interesting! Thanks for the tip. I'm on GOG and did everything that the larian support page says - message still there on the launcher. But so far, ZERO problems. This is too weird, everyone's computer is reacting differently, other than everyone getting that message.

So far, (I'm in the Dank Crypt, where you find Withers, but before doing the Grove's First battle) I've had no problems or any crashes at all.... but I cannot for the life of me get rid of that damned message.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Dear Larian,

Thank you for all the hard work! I'm having so much, and it looks wonderful. This CRPG will be one for the History books. It has the potential to be the best ever made.

Small thing (not to be repetitive, but I want to keep bumping this): the "Data Mismatch" message in the GOG launcher. I did everything the Support Page says, but the message is still there. HOWEVER, no issues or crashes at all, so.... I dunno, everything is working fine so far. I'm in the Dank Crypt, before the first battle in the Grove. Everyone's computers seem to be reacting differently though.... so it's a weird issue.

I'm sure you guys are looking into it, so thanks again, but other than the info in the support page does anyone know what might be causing this yet?

I
stranger
stranger
I
Never had any mods. Reinstalled several times. Deleted every file and folder that has to do with the game. No cloud saves. Can't even start the game! At all! I'm pretty disappointed.

I
stranger
stranger
I
I had Steam set to install patch 2 for some reason. Switched to 'none' and that fixed it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Cant get rid of that message after trying all from the support page.
Games crashing mostly at laoding saved games. Especially irritating when exploring or savescumming for battles.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Okay, so for me in C:\Users\<account>\AppData\Local, i had "LarianStudios" from patch 6 and "Larian Studios" from patch 7.
Delete LarianStudios it is the oldest. That's the fix wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TheHero
Cant get rid of that message after trying all from the support page.
Games crashing mostly at laoding saved games. Especially irritating when exploring or savescumming for battles.

Update:
After i deleted all old crashdumpfiles and related files for crashdumps, in that folder where they are saved and are related to Patch 6 and older, fixed the Data Mismatch Error in Launcher for me.

Still... the problem when ingame and played for some time, made savegames too, i still have the problem when loading a prior or just new savegame, the game crashes anyway.
Though i can load save games just as normal at the Main menu after i restartet the whole game.
Maybe (not testet yet) going back to main menu and loading from there will be a workaround for timebeeing...will try that in a moment.

Last edited by TheHero; 18/02/22 06:11 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Ok, I got it fixed. What did it for me, after doing everything that Larian mentioned 3 days ago, was this added bit:

"delete the modsettings.lsx file in the profile folder (EVEN IF you had no MODS installed like me), if you're not using a new profile for the current patch (which I wasn't).
With patch 7, rather than My Documents, the game uses the local appdata folder for the current user account: 'C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3'. The easiest way to get to the profile folders would be to copy the line below into the location bar in Explorer, hit Enter and browse down from there (or on the same level for the '..\Baldur's Gate 3\Mods' folder).
%LocalAppData%\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles

After that, I went to GOG and verified/repaired in the Manage instalation menu (next to the play button). Miracle! The mismatch message is now gone!

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
For Steam: Delete/Rename the Steam/UserData/<UserID>/1086940 Folder will fix the data mismatch error

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I no longer get the message, nothing I did, must have been the Larian good fairies during the night smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Interessting, for some days the mismatch error was gone, even after Hotfix 20.
Today i start the launcher and it is back.
Mismatching whatever it is.
I could get rid of it by deleting all the Crashdumpfiles and related Files to it last time. Now this didnt even worked out.

Update:
So the Launcher checks all Files in the folder and what i could find is that the dxdiag.xml File i renamed with adding _bkuptest

"dxdiag.xml_bkuptest"

was making the launcher spit out the mismatch Error.

So to speak, never ever rename files and let them stay in that folder. REmove them from Game folders totally so the check of the launcher stays clean of error mismatch file message.

Last edited by TheHero; 24/02/22 04:57 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
So to speak, never ever rename files and let them stay in that folder. REmove them from Game folders totally so the check of the launcher stays clean of error mismatch file message.
Larian has updated their support article for this issue, and it lists exactly the same file as an example:

Note: There are two known issues with the launcher check in the original patch 7 release, which can improperly trigger this warning:
- having the localisation set to a language other than English (this was tested before release using a test server, but there was an issue with the release process)
- some files left behind by the crash reported are not being ignored, and flagged as changed data, such as a dxdiag.xml file in the bin folder
These will be corrected in a hotfix.

Pretty daft way to check for installation integrity, if you ask me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RutgerF
Larian has updated their support article for this issue, and it lists exactly the same file as an example:

... such as a dxdiag.xml file in the bin folder
These will be corrected in a hotfix.

Pretty daft way to check for installation integrity, if you ask me.

Thats why i renamed the file instead of deleting it, or removing it. Normally Files which are renamed arent detected.
Seems Software nowadays is a lot smarter then ever.

Last edited by TheHero; 24/02/22 10:53 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Renaming won't help, just look how they are doing it:

The launcher displaying a data mismatch error can appear due to unsupported mods, corrupt files, or unknown data. This can be from installed mod files, old data files from previous patches, or even your favorite image of Astarion you’ve decided to save in the games Data or bin folder.

I mean, Himmel Herrgott, why it's done this way? You create a checklist of all files the game contains, along with their sizes, and (if you are really paranoid) their checksums. That's it. If someone manages to save a picture of Astarion's ugly mug in that folder, it should be no problem, because the game doesn't know of that file, and will never touch it.

Porca madonna, what a bunch of amateurs. They are literally stepping on their own rakes.

Last edited by RutgerF; 24/02/22 11:09 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard