Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
So far, I absolutely LOVE the new changes I've see, especially when it comes to graphics. So much just looks so gorgeous! In particular, Astarion's updated bite scene is fantastic!

My only quibble is Karlach's new look. I'm not in love with it. I liked her better before.

Artist, Writer, Poet, Crank
Art, poetry, and prose of a grim and unserious nature.
https://www.lrjonte.com/
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I liked her better before too...I don't mind the bulky look from what I've seen, but I preferred her old face and lips etc. and it looks like they've 'white'ified' her now. Took away her more POC features.
Now she looks like a fat shadow heart tiefling.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Good for you. The new update for me is unplayable. game crashes every 5 minutes!

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I liked the old Karlach model too, but I'm glad they've updated her to something that you can't create in the character creator. The first time I found her I was a tiefling with exactly the same face and hair, and almost the same colouring. It was spooky! I'd rather keep that model as something I can have for a custom character and have Karlach be different.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Whatever happens to this data mined version?

[Linked Image from lh3.googleusercontent.com]

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by GM4Him
She got the photoshop treatment, it seems. Not a fan of the new model, it looks like someone has run the datamined version through one of those instagram face filters.

veteran
veteran
Karlach's personality and story is tough, and she's fought DEMONS. Woman should look T O U G H! If I met her in broad daylight on a city street, I should tremble in fear of her just by looking at her.

Her image should scream, "Fear me, Peasant!"

Something like this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dp-DYhMlRdxzYLI5Y9Lf_ktavML7e3DK/view?usp=drivesdk

But, honestly, the data mined version also works. She certainly looks tougher than current. The only thing I don't get is why the Drow armor? I mean, she's wearing Minthara's, or a reasonable facsimile.

Last edited by GM4Him; 18/02/22 06:57 AM.
A
addict
addict
A
Something like this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dp-DYhMlRdxzYLI5Y9Lf_ktavML7e3DK/view?usp=drivesdk

But, honestly, the data mined version also works. She certainly looks tougher than current. The only thing I don't get is why the Drow armor? I mean, she's wearing Minthara's, or a reasonable facsimile.
Oooh, that tiefling looks amazing! Is there a bigger version somewhere? It'd make a great character portrait for other games.

I think the datamined Karlach is just wearing whatever armor the modder put on, hI've seen her in a few different armor types.

I am pretty sure Karlach is still a work in progress. Just like Minthara's did, her appearance will receive many more tweaks.

- Firm believer in Mindflayer supremacy -
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ash elemental
Something like this:

Oooh, that tiefling looks amazing! Is there a bigger version somewhere? It'd make a great character portrait for other games.

I think the datamined Karlach is just wearing whatever armor the modder put on, hI've seen her in a few different armor types.

I found that image by doing a Google search for Tiefling Demon Slayer.

old hand
old hand
Would somebody mind posting a pic of her new appearance?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dexai
Would somebody mind posting a pic of her new appearance?
Here some on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/stq5lu/mommy_karlach_patch_7_glowup/ I didn't get to her yet.

veteran
veteran

This is a much better model, considering her background. She just looks badass.

The new model is like the cover of vogue. Pretty, fashionable, not badass.

Her voice doesn't match this model though. I was hoping they would use filters to make her voice lower and more fiendish.

The new Karlach with the basic voice is just pretty with attitude.. boring.

Last edited by 1varangian; 18/02/22 01:57 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I like the new model, missing horn and all. But the armor in the pic looks much too intricate for her, much too fantastical. It just doesn't fit her. In my opinion armor has taken a nose-dive in appearance since the beginning of early access, it's no longer grounded in general, much too fantastical in appearance.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ignatius
But the armor in the pic looks much too intricate for her, much too fantastical. It just doesn't fit her.
Relax, the armor was just picked so she dont stand there naked. smile

This is her actual armor:
(Acording to datamining)
[Linked Image from staticdelivery.nexusmods.com]

Also ...
Looking at that datamined visual ... and the new visual ... they seem quite simmilar to me. O_o
She only recedived her own hairstyle (wich is cool as f***) ... and some makeup ... and she dont have her scars yet as it seems. But besides that?

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ignatius
I like the new model, missing horn and all. But the armor in the pic looks much too intricate for her, much too fantastical. It just doesn't fit her. In my opinion armor has taken a nose-dive in appearance since the beginning of early access, it's no longer grounded in general, much too fantastical in appearance.
That armor has nothing to do with her. It's modded drow armor a dataminer did put on her. Also that's not new model, that's old datamined model. Currently in the game she got new model that looks differently, I gave the link with screenshots way up.

veteran
veteran

I liked this version (or more specifically the potential of this this version after some additional final touch) a lot more, too.
The current one just looks weird.

I wouldn't even say that the problem is being "too pretty" as 1varangian suggested. It's just a mismatch between character, build and face. Not the biggest fan of her hair, either.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Yeah. New model is cool, but it just doesn't fit. The people after her make her sound like she's a brutish devil who is vicious and scary. She was a demon slayer, and from her story, a darn powerful one. So, she should look, like I said, TOUGH. Scary. When I meet her, I should believe she's evil, and only after talking to her maybe wonder if I misjudged her based on her looks.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Looking at that datamined visual ... and the new visual ... they seem quite simmilar to me. O_o
She only recedived her own hairstyle (wich is cool as f***) ... and some makeup ... and she dont have her scars yet as it seems. But besides that?
The overall face shape and proportions are similar, but the details are not. Not sure how to explain it to you, but (edit) I'll try. It looks to me as someone did more work on the datamined face to make it look younger and prettier, like those instagram apps that you can use on your own photos.

Last edited by ash elemental; 18/02/22 04:56 PM.
S
SereneNight
Unregistered
SereneNight
Unregistered
S
Not a fan of hers. I find her abrasive, so I usually heal her with a spell and leave her there.

Last edited by SereneNight; 18/02/22 04:51 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard