addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
The question still stands tho ...
Are there any "trash items" in BG-3?

A freaking ton of them.
So you allready know wich items will be used for crafting before that was even implemented?
Can i borrow your crystal ball sometimes, please? smile
Sure, here's a bunch of items that won't ever be needed for crafting as an example: spoons, forks, pots, plates, cups, paintings, basins, buckets, etc, etc.

I'm ready to bet 100 bucks on it. Feel free to send me the money after release. when I'll be proven right.

Don't be too sure, it's amazing what you can make with enough spoons...

https://content.instructables.com/O...&md=cff95e4d5e40d022f97e39e3bb38a5d9

veteran
veteran
You know, Ragnarok, we have a idiom in (some parts of) Italy: "Fare la punta agli stronzi" (literally: "shaping turds in a neat pointy form"), which is often used in jest to describe the act of putting genuine effort in a completely pointless activity or arguing irrelevant points without producing anything of any worth.

This is what your debate style feels like, to me.
You are constantly putting your best effort into wasting people's time with mousewhee-killing multiquotes that never make an actual point, beating around the bush for dozens of posts while arguing for the sake of arguing, without reaching any productive conclusion.

It really seems that as long as you can keep answering to people with your "clever" rebuttals ridden with smug emotes you are happy to keep going, even if you are never going to land anywhere or do anything else than muddying the waters, taking long-ass tangents that hardly relate to the topic at hand, etc.

Even after sharing this forum for more than a year, it would be hard to come up with a list of, say, ten things you care about and you would like to see addressed in the game, because you are constantly arguing against most of what people talk about and (according to your mood of the day) often against its opposite, too.

And by the way, yes, I played most of the Fallout games, with the exception of 4 and 76 (i already disliked FO3 more than enough).
But I can't really say I care about what kind of "funny" gotcha-conclusion you are going to draw from this, because we weren't talking about what the Fallout games do, to begin with. We were talking about trash items in past and present Larian games.

Last edited by Tuco; 20/02/22 04:07 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
journeyman
journeyman
Ever since the new UI dropped I've been looking for my characters dialogue tags. Whether it's my class, my race, choices I made like giving my eye to the hag and so on.

Anyone know where to find the tags?

"I used my last magic poo to check in on my daughter." Scanlan Shorthalt.
veteran
veteran
I think RagnarokCzD is a much needed voice of reason here.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by JandK
I think RagnarokCzD is a much needed voice of reason here.

He's on retainer for Old Scratch, yeah?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
spoons, forks, pots, plates, cups, paintings, basins, buckets, etc, etc.
Have you ever played Fallout? laugh
Especialy 4 ?
Only the good ones 1&2&New Vegas + fallout3 for a bit.

Tuco #808909 20/02/22 06:29 PM
veteran
veteran
You know, Ragnarok, we have a idiom in (some parts of) Italy: "Fare la punta agli stronzi" (literally: "shaping turds in a neat pointy form"), which is often used in jest to describe the act of putting genuine effort in a completely pointless activity or arguing irrelevant points without producing anything of any worth.
Just out of curiosity ... what idiom do you have in italy for what you are doing? smile

I mean ... you seriously put a lot of effort to convince me that my activity is pointless ...
Aswell as puting maybe even more effort to convince Icelyn that her opinions are not relevant, bcs she just dont like things you do ...

What worth are you trying to produce?
And how does that work for you? Do you feel sucesfull?

I would like to return the favour and enlighten you in some of customs of my people ...
Sadly we dont have any idoms for such behaviour in Czech to be honest, we regulary call such people toxic assholes. wink

This is what your debate style feels like, to me.
Im glad to know that ... i gues that would be the reason i asked ... oh wait. :-/

Even after sharing this forum for more than a year, it would be hard to come up with a list of, say, ten things you care about and you would like to see addressed in the game
This sounds like a challenge. laugh
I shall try ... just for the fun:
(I mean i dont expect you to read it anyway ... so what other reason is there? laugh )

1) Biger (prefferably adjustable) Hotbar ... things are a lot better then they were in previous patches, but as hotbar size has ben incerased, so incerased the number of icons we have on it ... so in the end, i still want it biger.
2) Locking Hotbar ... i mean this problem is relatively new, since it was not an issue in pre-patch 7 times ... but it still counts.
3) UI scale ... i really want to adjust size of things in UI, not as a whole, but separately ... im for example compeltely fine with scale of Hotbar, but i would like to have smaller minimap and group ui. smile
4) Companion reactions ... i certainly do care about the fact that there are plot holes and loops, when you dont talk to your companions in right order, or dont Long Rest enough.
5) I really want to have at least 1 Origin character per class ... prefferable would be 2, since Good and Evil party ... but at least 1 is minimum in my eyes.
6) I really want to see non-origin companions ...
7) Small camps ... i would like to see places that are presented in game to be used as camps ... i believe you have expressed your support for such idea aswell ... the only difference between us is that i dont see any reason why our party should not "coveniently teleport" to the last one visited. smile
8) Barells ... we both know this is something i REALLY want to stay present as it is ...
9) Slings and Darts ... its relatively new topic, but i must admit it catched my interest, and i really want to know if they are planned or not ... also i would really like to know how (and if) Larian is planning to ballance classes that dont have any other ranged weapon proficiency ... for example Druid (not sure if they arent only one tho laugh ). smile
10) I certainly REALLY care about Difficiulty implementation ... i genuinely hope that they will not come with something so vague and boring as "easy/normal/hard" but that we will be able to adjust things like amount of food required for long rest, bonuses from proficiency, boosting or nerfing our rolls, incerasing and decerasing power of our enemies ... all separately, to get the experience we really want.
11) I really care about missing dialogue options, and i really, really, REALLY hope they get adressed and prefferably implemented, since in many situations i feel like Larian is drawing us to the corner where none of presented option is fitting my characters.
12) I really want them to adress pathfinding ... especialy around blighted willage, where my companions for some unknown reason still find jumping off the roof (and loose half health in the process) to be better option than using the ladder that is right next to them. laugh
13) Then i really want them to allow us toggle between both Larianed spells, and original DnD spells ... Chromatic orb is perfect example of such.
14) I really want them to adress matter of starting gear, wich i support since the idea showed up around here. smile
15) And finaly ... to round it with something nice, i would he quite happy if someone from Larian would even anonymously if they dont want to talk to us ... mark topics around here as "idea accepted" (meaning they are working on implementation), "idea concidered" (meaning they use it as inspiration for something that would better fit their vision), and "idea denyed" (well ... this one should be obvious)

I gues that wasnt so hard after all. O_o

with the exception of 4 ...
And this is the reason you didnt get it. smile
Just as i said abowe, "especialy 4". wink

You know, in Fallout 4 nothing is really "junk" since everything can be disassembled and used as crafting material. smile
Yes, spoons and forks included. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 20/02/22 06:31 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Yeah, you are still missing the part where we aren't playing Fallout 4 and we weren't talking about it.

You know, in Prey you can use certain machines or special grenades to dismantle any single object in a game to its basic components.
But guess what? This isn't Prey either.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
True ...
And in Solasta you can see at first sight that item is only ment to be sold.

Oh wait, this isnt Solasta ... so we shall never do that. laugh

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
True ...
And in Solasta you can see at first sight that item is only ment to be sold.

Oh wait, this isnt Solasta ... so we shall never do that. laugh
Funny enough, Solasta also had crafting - a system that was about as unnecessary as it will be in BG3, if it will make it there.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Funny enough, Solasta also had crafting - a system that was about as unnecessary as it will be in BG3, if it will make it there.
Depends on what will we craft ...

I can imagine i would use quite often option to craft scrolls of my spare spellslots, when my Cleric will allready be exhausted beyond any usefullness. laugh
(At least in my playthroughs usualy Shadowheart is first who have all resources gone and im rarely using them to attack, im focusing with her on support others.)

Also i hope we get some option to craft our own (read as stronger, or with alternative effects ... like small chance for stun, or cause disadvantage, etc.) posions ...
I mean 1d4 is fine ... but will be quite weak in futher Acts. :-/

I can also imagine option to brew our own potions ...
Not just for healing, but also resistances and stuff.

Someone just recently mentioned some option to create traps around here ...

And of course IF there will be ammunition included in final version, we should be able to create arrows.

I mean ...
I would dare to say that there is potential.

veteran
veteran
For the record, I don't even like crafting systems, more often than not, and I don't want to hang my expectations on one.
The "perfect crafting" for an RPG as far as I'm concerned is the very basic type you got in BG2: entirely "quest-driven" and based on finding a small handful of rare parts/ingredients.

Which just goes to add to the pile of reasons for which any attempt to argue "We really need that shitty, messy inventory constantly on the brink of exploding for the sake of crafting" is going to fall flat on its face for me.

Last edited by Tuco; 20/02/22 08:09 PM.

Tuco #808949 20/02/22 08:23 PM
veteran
veteran
The "perfect crafting" for an RPG as far as I'm concerned is the very basic type you got in BG2: entirely "quest-driven" and based on finding a small handful of rare parts/ingredients.

I totally agree with you.
That's why I really llike crafting in BG3 as it is right now. Just a few weapons/armors. You mostly just combine 2 or 3 parts on a workbench but there's also a few interresting variation (susserer, adamantine forge).

That said, I really don't like the crafted items that mostly sucks (like most items in the game, thanks patch 7 for having added even more of them...)

I'd HATE to be able to craft tons of scrolls and potions and poisons and arrows... It would mean that I'll keep ALL component for the sake of it, but never use them because crafting is just some kind of useless mini game.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 20/02/22 08:26 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
+1 to quest-driven crafting only. The Sussur Bark quest is good. DOS2 crafting was overwhelming and overburdened the inventory with crafting materials.

If Larian decides to add the ability to craft scrolls/potions/poison/arrows, I hope that they implement streamlined crafting mechanics and resources. E.g., to craft a scroll you need a scroll crafting kit, proficiency in Arcana/Divine, the ability to cast that spell, and a gp cost. You make an arcana check and success = crafted, failure = lost gold. Arcana proficiency of like 7+ would make crafting the scroll cheaper than buying them on average, but not so cheap that you could sell them for a profit.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I mean ...
I would dare to say that there is potential.
All that you have written is most likely correct but as I have stated before - unnecessarily complicated and superfluous. There is already system created to gain that kind of stuff: merchant + gold = item

Crafting gives the same result, while polluting maps and inventory with junk, making it harder to find stuff that you actually want to carry (like items that you bought). The only advantage of crafting items over buying at the shop would be not having to go to merchants - which is of theoretical concern in Solasta, where there is actual world map, but not in BG3 where teleport to&from merchant would likely take less time then fighting with whatever awful UI crafting will have.

Last edited by Wormerine; 20/02/22 08:56 PM.
L
addict
addict
L
Crafting potions, scrolls and ammunition would be great. They're about the only things worth crafting in tabletop anyway, unless you have a huge amount of downtime. Would also make Arcana more useful, than the handful of times you get to use it so far. In 5E you use proficiency with Alchemist Kit for potions, but you could easily replace that with Nature – again a skill that's rarely useful in BG3.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
merchant + gold = item
I believe its minus gold. laugh

But only presuming the Merchant have what you want ... :P

veteran
veteran
As many of you allready know, im a huge fan of hotbars ...
Funny enough, huge fan of HUGE hotbars especialy. laugh

So ... this is kinda what i would like to see in the future:
(Pardon my poor skills in MS paint. laugh )
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That ...
And possibility to drag out partial bar for passives, to make them another section visible (and mainly accessible) at all time.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 04/03/22 08:01 PM.

L
addict
addict
L

That ...
And possibility to drag out partial bar for passives, to make them another section visible (and mainly accessible) at all time.

Yes!! I would make two small tweaks – get rid of the smaller circles on far left and right (they are unnecessary). And make the smaller bar with your actions and spell slots shrink/grow to fit the icons in it, so it’s not taking up extra space for no reason as it does currently.

addict
addict

That ...
I'm ok with it if this would be an option. I would repeat the thought I expressed in my UX/UI-thread: I don't want to see the interface, I want to see the game. And I'm quite happy that Larian seemed to listen to me (or eventually get those same thoughts I had) with the current iteration of UI in regards to paddings from the viewport border so now it sticks to borders. But I would be a little less happy if they would make me deal with a huge hotbar that covers that much of the viewport.

Last edited by Zellin; 04/03/22 09:15 PM.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard