Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hi,

Thought I'd post my solution to this issue in case anybody else is experiencing this.

Issue
As of Patch 7, though I am able to launch a new game just fine, I am unable to continue/load existing saves. What happens is that once I load, about 50%-70% into the loading bar, the background images disappear and I have a loading bar on black background. A few seconds after the loading bar reaches 100%, the loading bar disappears and only the black screen remains. Nothing else happens, no matter how long I wait, all the while the CPU is at 70%-80% capacity.

This happens for my entire 'real life' party, and we have a mix of Nvidia 1000-series and AMD 6000-series GPUs.

Solution
After a lot of trial and error, I've discovered that setting all settings in the Lighting section to low/very low completely solves this issue. No issues with staying on Ultra for all the other settings.

Hope that helps, I've spent way too much time on this crazy

D
stranger
stranger
D
I don't know what you had to go thru to come up with this solution...but it works. I was having the same problem and to be completely honest I was somewhat skeptical that this would work. Have tried it on 2 different profiles that I have. Worked both times. After I have the game started and loaded I go back in and restore my lighting settings and proceed. Bit of a pain in the but to have to load this way, but...Tip of the hat to you sir.

You are officially my new hero.

Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...

Link Copied to Clipboard