Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Filth Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I've been through this encounter three times today, trying to get the hair out of the hag. The conversation is a lot shorter now on patch 7 than it used to be and even tho the animation with her plucking out her hair plays out normaly, the item itself dont spawn. It's not added to the inventory neither is it laying on ground. Anyone else encountered the same problem?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I'm having this same issue, just ran into in and i keep resetting hoping it's just me having bad luck.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Same here, I tried reloading many times, different dialogues.
I don't know if it is intended but I didn't have to choose between the girl or the power. I either spare Ethel or kill her.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Same for me, also tried reloading a few different time with different dialogue or placement, haven't gotten the hair to spawn yet.

S
addict
addict
S
Yeah same here

stranger
stranger
same here and she does not take Marina with her anymore

enthusiast
enthusiast
This could only mean that the whole Quest with the Hags will be changed.

As there are at least three mentioned Hags in a book and even a letter conversation between one Hag in Baldurs Gate and Aunthi Ethel, theres lots of opportunities to make this part of the game a bigger part.
So far people who recognized the very powerfull option to raise A-Stats with Ethel Boons are exploiting it and counting on it to plan ahead with character creation.
Well so far so good, it is an early powerfull option with some risk involved and longer Gameplay, but is it worth to spill out such much power at level 3-4 allready?
In the long End characters could become more powerfull at level 10-12, than Level 18-20 Godlike Characters.
Maybe this Patch 7 is telling us that Larian wants to balance abit and changes the whole Story thing.

Ask yourself, as Players we discover this family Drama and its sad what happeneds. But why is it important as a side quest which is so powerfull.
What in the long end could it mean when Mayrina goes back to Baldurs Gate again with her Zombie Husband. What will become of them.
Does Aunthie Ethel want such misery happen and feed on this somehow if she still survived the encounter with us. What if shes Dead?
Even this small insight and all the other possibillities tells us that theres so much to consider as a game and quest designer.

I am curious what will happen with this Aunthie Questspart in the end.
Maybe the next Hotfix will clear it up.

Last edited by TheHero; 24/02/22 11:07 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard