Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#809358 22/02/22 10:33 AM
ALexws Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I think most of the items here belong to this patch.
lighting charges weapon
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

lighting charges outfits/accessary

ALexws Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

momentum

ALexws Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Wrath

ALexws Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
other weapons
not sure about these 2

veteran
veteran
Last 3 i have seen in patch 6 ...
Not quite sure about the heavy axe tho, but i believe i did.
Blooded Greataxe is also certainly not patch 7 weapon. smile

Its worth mentioning that Temporary hitpoints from different sources now stack, rather than overwrite each other ... so my Wizard had both 10HP from Amor of Agathys and 3HP from that Lightning headpiece ...

Also, once i equipped the lightning ring, so i no longer electrocute myself those boots stopped electrocuting water and give me lighting charges. :-/ Kinda disapointing.

Speaking about lightning items ... im not quite sure what for the neckage is. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I'm not sure what to think about these items and Lightning Charges, Reeling, Momentum, Wrath, "when below 50% hp", "when you heal a target", "when you jump", etc. There's so much of it.

It doesn't feel like D&D at all.

It feels like forcing an action RPG skin on top of D&D and we are headed towards more and more item grind with more magic items that now also come as sets. The "Lightning set" items that aren't +1 will be weak soon, so we are probably grinding for the next set right after. The set design itself is cool. It can be an entire quest searching for a set piece. But if switching out gear becomes too frequent it ruins that special thing about sets. They should be legendary items like Helm of Balduran, Cloak of Balduran etc.

I like D&D magic items because they are rare, powerful and as such they have more impact and character. Littering the world with minor magic items with weird conditional properties makes the items less impressive if that makes sense. It starts to feel like Larian are overriding the iconic D&D magic items and their flavor with their own Divinity like preference.

I really hope they would just keep cool at Larian and trust D&D and what makes it great without adding tons of nonsense and "more game" on top of it. It doesn't need that. Less is more.

Last edited by 1varangian; 22/02/22 11:31 AM.
veteran
veteran
Thanks for posting these items!😊

veteran
veteran
Great post! Thank you. Hopefully, folks will keep adding to this thread.

I can say that the Smuggler's Ring and the Blooded Great Axe aren't new to Patch 7. I'm not sure about the Merregon Halberd; I just don't remember with that one.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
Great post! Thank you. Hopefully, folks will keep adding to this thread.
I would not count on that ...
If im not misstaken, in PFH we were specificaly told that they added 20 items ... and here is allready more than 20. smile

Question to items tho:
How did you like you had to choose between Trident, Bow and Staff ... and what did you choose?

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Great post!! btw, I found a barbarian glove in that gnoll cave. Or I think it was looted in that cave, in a chest that has trap nearby.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I would not count on that ...
If im not misstaken, in PFH we were specificaly told that they added 20 items ... and here is allready more than 20. smile

Question to items tho:
How did you like you had to choose between Trident, Bow and Staff ... and what did you choose?

I don't remember exactly, but I think they said there were 24 new items? I remember thinking two dozen. Above there are at least 20-21 new items, so there may be a few more.

Oh, and ioci just mentioned another one in the post above this one. The barbarian gloves in the gnoll cave.

As for picking the Trident, bow, or staff? For me, it depends on the character I'm playing. If I'm a Str based fighter, I'll pick the Trident. If I'm a wizard or sorcerer, I'll pick the staff.

veteran
veteran
Question to items tho:

These items being completely useless, underpowered and unfun due to their effects, I choose the trident... At least I can throw a blue weapon rather than a white one...

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/02/22 03:06 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Underpowered? O_o
I picked staff for Gale and i must say i was never more satisfied with any other weapon in his hands. laugh

Especialy since you get 1 charge per magic missile (or other multitarget spells, if you hit ... shatter is also quite good for powering up). :3

You get +1 to hit, +1 to damage (or 1d8 if you have 5 charges) ...
(The only let down here is that if you have 7 charges for example ... they all expell at once, with no futher benefit.)
And with other items to that set also +1 to armor and saving throws, and +3temporary HP (wich i mostly use to keep my Armor of Agathys up)

I never had feeling that is is anyhow weak ...

I mean what other staff do you use with your Wizard? O_o
Bless staff is also great, true ... but only once per Long Rest. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/02/22 03:23 PM.

veteran
veteran
Should probably have written and/or...

I didn't notice that the staff worked with spells and cantrip tbh, which make it really powerfull due to other lightning items...

What OP Gale are you going to choose ?
The Magic Missile one or the lightning one ?

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/02/22 04:38 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
What on earth are these momentum and wrath effects anyway? It would be nice, Larian, if there was an explainer tooltip somewhere.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
What on earth are these momentum and wrath effects anyway? It would be nice, Larian, if there was an explainer tooltip somewhere.

Click T to freeze the item tooltip than move your mouse on the word to open it's own tooltip.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
And why do we need so many new conditions? Most of which have very minor effects.

Playing Solasta never gave me the impression that 5e RAW is somehow too simple as a video game. But I'm thinking if these new minor conditions are just needless fluff.

veteran
veteran
I hope they'll create more usual sets...

Let's say in exemple :
1 piece = +1 dexterity ST
2 pieces = +1 dexterity ST + 1 thing as a bonus action
3 piece = +1 dext ST + 1 thing as a bonus action + 1 dexterity

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/02/22 05:47 PM.

ALexws Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Last 3 i have seen in patch 6 ...
Not quite sure about the heavy axe tho, but i believe i did.
Blooded Greataxe is also certainly not patch 7 weapon. smile

Its worth mentioning that Temporary hitpoints from different sources now stack, rather than overwrite each other ... so my Wizard had both 10HP from Amor of Agathys and 3HP from that Lightning headpiece ...

Also, once i equipped the lightning ring, so i no longer electrocute myself those boots stopped electrocuting water and give me lighting charges. :-/ Kinda disapointing.

Speaking about lightning items ... im not quite sure what for the neckage is. laugh
the necklace can use the charges actively.

ALexws Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
just found the last light charges item

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard