S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Does anyone know this for sure?

veteran
veteran
I think she is confirmed by datamining. Someone even did unlock her in a mod.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
I think so, considering she is introduced as a companion (tadpole)

veteran
veteran
Hard to say if she WILL be, but we can at least confirm with confidence that at some point in development she was supposed to be.
Plans can change, though.

Last edited by Tuco; 23/02/22 04:42 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by fylimar

Datamining should never be fully assumed at face value, though. Things are prototyped and scrapped throughout game development all the time. There are plenty of times where datamined info has just never appeared in the actual game in other IPs (and Larian games) before, and sometimes remnant files even remain in full release (like some areas, models and more in WoW for example). So at best what Tuco said is right, in that the idea has been played with at some point. But it's by no means a guarantee that it'll ever see the light of day.

veteran
veteran
She better be! laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
Maybe they realized that in a small companion pool Lae'zel and Karlach are too similar? Exotic race and background, strong warrior women, similar attitudes, martial classes...

Would they really cancel a companion after recording their voice lines?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by The Composer
Originally Posted by fylimar

Datamining should never be fully assumed at face value, though. Things are prototyped and scrapped throughout game development all the time. There are plenty of times where datamined info has just never appeared in the actual game in other IPs (and Larian games) before, and sometimes remnant files even remain in full release (like some areas, models and more in WoW for example). So at best what Tuco said is right, in that the idea has been played with at some point. But it's by no means a guarantee that it'll ever see the light of day.

Nothing is certain at this point, that is why I said I think. She has recorded voicelines though, so hopefully she will be a companion.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 1varangian
Maybe they realized that in a small companion pool Lae'zel and Karlach are too similar? Exotic race and background, strong warrior women, similar attitudes, martial classes...
They are hardly that similar - on top of that Karlach's story will tie with Hell, which seems to have some part to play with Rafael, and our initial visit. Everything points to her being a future companion - even in curent build she said that as a reward for helping her she will be a friend that will crush skulls of your enemies, or something like that.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
She seemsto have a rea interesting sotry, maybe the most together with Shadowheart. So I really hope (and believe) so.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard