Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
My understanding of the soul trade is the potential of a soul is the main determination of value, specifically the potential of Good aligned beings due to the rarity of such creatures to end up in the Nine Hells.

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
veteran
Niara, apologies for responding an internet year later. I don't have a good excuse, I just wasn't in the mood to discuss video game matters. smirk Sorry.

Originally Posted by Niara
Wren, my poor little halfing bard with her negative constitution modifier and hoplessly idealistic, many-chance-giving heart can't even carry one - she'd be driven to the ground in a weeping, distressed mess, unable to move, just trying to hold onto a single coin, I think... she would never dream of taking its energy by force; the concept would horrify her... but she might ask it to help her, and and she'd defintely want to know who they were, and if there was anything she could do to help them...

Sure and any DM would call that good role playing. The concept of that module seems to rely on creating such tension -- "you won't get out of hell with your soul intact". It's an interesting variant on the genie in the bottle problem. Even the people who wished the genie free on the third wish benefited from the enslavement of the genie.

On a straightforward reading of the text, you are correct, well argued. But I think this needs to be revised. If the text states that using all three charges and declining any benefit at all are equally good acts that a problem with the text.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
I want to know why I can't just immediately hand one of the coins over to Rafael and say "cool, cure me. I have a soul coin, I'm never going to get desperate, nor will I ever become tortured with the choice of having to sell my own soul because I have someone else's I can give you. Let's just get this transaction over with."

veteran
veteran
We absolutely should be ale to do that... But it would break the DM's plans and derail their story, so we're never presented the option ^.^

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Niara
We absolutely should be ale to do that... But it would break the DM's plans and derail their story, so we're never presented the option ^.^

If it's that easy to break the DM's plans, DM should have planned better.

veteran
veteran
I absolutley agree ^.^ It was a gentle sarcastic poke at Larian's writing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Soulcoins are definitly more worth then bitcoin.
If you had been following up News about War in Europe Ukrainia vs Russland and checked up the stock market rates/changes whatever, then you would know instantly.

Bitcoin lost some percantages.
Soulcoins in War times would allways rise in worth.
So much more people not willing to die.
Raphael knows that, he will talk you into selling your Soul too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TheHero
Soulcoins in War times would allways rise in worth.
So much more people not willing to die.

I think it actually works in the opposite way. A lot of people know they may die in a war, so they will try to get at least some advantage while their souls are still with them. After all, it may increase their chance of survival.

C
Banned
Banned
C
~~Removed by moderation~~

Last edited by The Composer; 27/09/22 04:15 AM.
stranger
stranger
Cryptocurrency or stocks?

I
stranger
stranger
I
What is cryptocurrency? It is an empty shell around which there is a lot of money. A stock gives ownership of a company that will make a profit for its shareholders, or at least has the potential to do so. Owning a cryptocurrency means ownership of a digital asset with zero value. In other words, you buy bread and eat it or buy bread to look at it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard