Next Thread
Print Thread
#781056 17/07/21 09:07 PM
T
addict
OP Offline
addict
T
I know we're missing the full list of character classes until full release and I hope the same is true of races and there are some I'm interested in seeing later:

For the two options that most feel weird for being missing: Githzerai and Half-Orc.

Githzerai because they are as much a part of the history of illithids as the Githyanki and it feels weird for them to not be here.

Half-orcs I'd like to see just because it is very weird not to have them as an option in a D&D game.

Two other options which people would see as basic but which I'd expect other people would want to see would be Gnomes and Dragonborn.

For more fringe options there's Genasi and Aasimar just for all the plane-touched ancestries available.

Other interesting options would be Goblin, Hobgoblin, and full Orc. (though this might take some additional dialogue options to address the reactions people would have to such characters.

Dhampir and Reborn might have interesting interactions with Astarion's story, a Hagblood meeting Ethel might be interesting. Shadar-Kai might interact interestingly with the Shar tangent. (current lore is that they serve the Raven Queen but it used to be they were connected to Shar).

The lineage I really feel I most want to play for D&D in general sadly doesn't really have a hook into the story as I've seen it, and that's yuan-ti.

Last edited by Thrythlind; 17/07/21 09:23 PM.
old hand
old hand
Many many races/lineages are missing from the game and we might not see most of them during the EA. That said, I do agree that the fact Githzerai are missing is a little jarring as they are kinda huge, and it'd be interesting to see Lae'zel have to ally herself with a hated Zerai.

T
addict
OP Offline
addict
T
Yeah, Githzerai is the one that most screams out to me as weird its missing. Goblin and Hobgoblin maybe, depending how much we see those involved in the longer plot.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
In PFH-3 Swen specificaly told us that there are some races, that will remain hidden until full release as a surprise.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
M
stranger
stranger
M
It'd be so cool to see dhampir added on release, or at least a hint from larian that they will be included in the game either full release or as a paid DLC... mainly because of astarions storyline which seems like its going to be both dangerous and epic going against cazador and his brood of vampire spawns.

old hand
old hand
wanting a new race fad must of started today.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Half-orc will be in as they are a PHB race. As for Githzerai, that would be the most labor intensive race for them to add at this point as they would have to add all new dialog options/responses for any interactions with Gith.

This whole give us every option from every 5e source attitude would end up with us never getting a finished game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The Base Races are all gonna be in, Asking for Half-Orcs is un-needed, they are going to be in. Githzerai yeah, it'd be weird to not have them playable for this. Goblins need to be playable, I have a character built out in mind for it, it needs to be done.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kou The Mad
The Base Races are all gonna be in, Asking for Half-Orcs is un-needed, they are going to be in. Githzerai yeah, it'd be weird to not have them playable for this. Goblins need to be playable, I have a character built out in mind for it, it needs to be done.

Both Goblins and Githzerai would be ridiculously labor intensive to include as each race would require entire new dialogs written; goblin even more so than githzerai.

Link Copied to Clipboard