Print Thread
K
Kobar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hello!

Not sure if my game is bugged or corrupted but I cannot get access to the Myconid Colony. When speaking to the Warden at the entrance Immediately initiating Dialogue they tell me "Do not pass. This earth is forbidden to your kind. Walk away."

When I select walk away as the option it forces me into an infinite loop of the same dialogue. Only way out is to reload the previous save. However, my friend was able to the dialogue and gain access to the colony but me and Shadowheart were not allowed in.

There is a lot of content to be had in the Myconid Colony and would hate to miss out on it!

Side note, I'm not sure if Reputation is involved or not but I am playing a Good character. Another issue I'm having in the Underdark is saving Baelen Bonecloak. I get into dialogue with him and throw a scroll of misty step to him to save him. As soon as he uses it and teleports to me "-5 Reputation" appears above his head and dialogue initiates with him saying "You thought you could get away with it?" and then battle starts.

Would hate to have to restart the campaign so any help is appreciated!

A
stranger
stranger
A
encountered the same problem today, and here's what i came up with that (surprisingly) worked for me:

- talked to the myconids / spore servants at the outskirts of the colony, through which the sovereign said that he wishes to speak to me
- left my companions there, so they wouldn't trigger the "get out of here" dialogue themselves
- drank an invisibility potion, walked up to the sovereign (the one treating the corpses on the mushroom in the middle of the colony) and talked to him
- i had already killed the duergars before so i told him that (therefore i'm not sure if that's required or if simply agreeing to help them would do the trick)

after that i was considered 'worthy' and so i could walk around the colony freely, without the potion

unfortunately i can't help with the baelen part as i didn't encounter the bug, but good luck with that!

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
You have to first pass through a spore cloud and get the voice in your head. No matter what happens during that dialog, you can now talk to them mentally and the gatekeepers are not hostile.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kobar
Side note, I'm not sure if Reputation is involved or not but I am playing a Good character. Another issue I'm having in the Underdark is saving Baelen Bonecloak. I get into dialogue with him and throw a scroll of misty step to him to save him. As soon as he uses it and teleports to me "-5 Reputation" appears above his head and dialogue initiates with him saying "You thought you could get away with it?" and then battle starts.

Did you throw the scroll or his bag? Maybe looting his bag for the scroll counts as thieving? Or did you hurt him by throwing stuff at him, which counts as an attack?

Link Copied to Clipboard