Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Brainer Online Content OP
enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast
...such as the goblins in the Blighted Village accosting you of going around, or the first encounters with Astarion and Lae'zel. It's very bummer-y when a character whom I am trying to play as a no-nonsense, merciless killer suddenly stops and has a chat with somebody clearly presenting a potential threat.

I understand that in some cases it's there for the purpose of preserving quest / dialogue tree logic, but considering how you can finish the dialogue and then attack anyone manually anyway, not having that option always be available is strange, to say the least.

Agree, especially Astarion 1st encounter. Gotta kill that mf 🤬🤬🤬

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
veteran
veteran
I would like to add Raphael ...
Its even stranger there since you can pull out your weapon ... you CAN point it at him ... and the sudently your weapon dissapears and you are forced to friendly chat and suffer his smug mocking. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 28/02/22 09:38 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I would like to add Raphael ...
Its even stranger there since you can pull out your weapon ... you CAN point it at him ... and the sudently your weapon dissapears and you are forced to friendly chat and suffer his smug mocking. :-/
Indeed. It doesn't even have to be an actual fight, the combat would start and he'd just teleport the patry back into the camp. Although seeing him one-shot everyone with some nasty spell would be amusing as well.

veteran
veteran
Thats exactly what he did in the past ...
Once we attacked him, while flash shoved up and we were all laying back on the ground in camp and stunned.

veteran
veteran
I'd also like the option to attack Raphael. My characters are fresh off killing three cambions on the Nautiloid already. What's one more?

I get that Raphael is a plot character, but I'd still like the option to attack him, and I'd prefer the option to end that fight without the characters automatically losing because Raphael is a plot character.

veteran
veteran
I really want the attack option in the first meeting with Astarion. I mean, the guy attacks you with a knife, depending on the character I play, that is a nogo.
And yes, Raphael too. I get, that he is important for the plot, but I don't ask to kill him, just show him, how displeased I am with his behavior.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast
What could be done to preserve dialogue flow is having the button for initiating combat always be there, but disabling it during the parts of dialogues where it wouldn't make much sense to have access to it? Like, in case of Astarion's first encounter, have it off while your character is on the ground with a dagger at their throat, but enable it again once they are free.

That would require combing through every single conversation to account for such situations though, and I doubt it's something anyone would have any patience for, especially given that there's a lot more of the game still out there, and there's already a lot of dialogues. Then again, they did re-record the narrator's lines, so... who knows?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Brainer
Like, in case of Astarion's first encounter, have it off while your character is on the ground with a dagger at their throat, but enable it again once they are free.
One of your dialogue options is to litteraly headbut Astarion ...
If that isnt initiating combat then i dont know what is.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 02/03/22 08:07 AM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Brainer
Like, in case of Astarion's first encounter, have it off while your character is on the ground with a dagger at their throat [...]
In this case you'd just start combat already grappled by Astari... oh wait there is no grapple in BG3. The closest thing would be for him to be in the process of throwing you or your character shoving him away I guess...

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by fylimar
I really want the attack option in the first meeting with Astarion. I mean, the guy attacks you with a knife, depending on the character I play, that is a nogo.
And yes, Raphael too. I get, that he is important for the plot, but I don't ask to kill him, just show him, how displeased I am with his behavior.

LOL...I had to wait till he was done simpering.

You done yet?

Then I killed him...first meeting anyway.

I had him in my last party as a filler spot.

Link Copied to Clipboard