Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CMK Offline OP
OP Offline
Yeah, this is like my umpteenth playthrough and I have started to get a little bored with making the same decisions all the time. So I have started doing things like killing Lae'zel when she says to join her or die and I recnetly killed Astarion for being a Vampire.

Now this presents a problem (well two problems, but one is entirely of my own making, that being I am playing a Barbarian and with no Rogue lockpicking has become a bitch)... His dead body just hangs around my camp... like it made sense at first when I was out in the wilderness... you keep going back to that same camp of course his body will still be there! (It was a little sucky having it laying in a pool of blood on the bed rolls though... I solved half that problem by picking up his body and dumping lake side, what would be nice is if you could wash away the blood pool... maybe with create water... just a thought.) However, his body being in camp in other areas make little sense... so what my party is just creepily hauling around a dead body from camp site to camp site?

I guess it is for whenever you change you mind he is there for resurrection. Another guess is he will disappear AFTER act 1 end. 🤭🤭🤭

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
apprentice
apprentice
It is likely that way because you can resurrect party members at camp.

As for your first problem, unless you dropped Shadowheart, she's essentially as good a lock picker.

CMK Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Clivehusker
It is likely that way because you can resurrect party members at camp.

As for your first problem, unless you dropped Shadowheart, she's essentially as good a lock picker.
Oh, I will have to try that thanks for the tip

veteran
veteran
You should be able to shove his body away ...
As for blood stains ... you can clean them with water, or froze them and then vaporize that ice with fire ... both should work i think.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
You can't resurrect Astarion. I killed him in the bite scene too, then was annoyed by his corpse and tried resurrecting him with Withers and with a scroll - nothing works. And the companions talk about him, as If he were alive.
And nearly as annoying: when you try to send him away, He just stays. Astarion just doesn't know, when to leave.

As for opening locks and disarming traps: Shadowheart is a really good substitute. With the trickery domain she has some nice feats, that help her stay hidden and her sleight of hand is great - especially combined with Guidance. Trust me, I don't bother with Astarion anymore ( I just kill him in the first meeting) since a few playthroughs and it works great.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Raise him with Glut and make him jump off a cliff.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by xnihil0zer0
Raise him with Glut and make him jump off a cliff.
Wait how do you got Glut in your camp? O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 03/03/22 08:43 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
A
addict
addict
A
it's good to kill astarion.. i hated him.. well no offense to astarion lover.. astarion kinda resemble a little like swen for me. don't get me wrong but i just dont like astarion character design. not sure how good rogue perform. if rogue is needed, guess i have to have him stick with me.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Weekend at Astarion's:

Prop him up, throw your voice, and have him sign the contract with the Demon.

Where is a real DM when you need them.

P.S. Movie reference

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from memegenerator.net]

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard