Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CMK Offline OP
OP Offline
It would be nice to have more than the four voice options (two feminine and two masculine). It is kinda blah to pigeonholed in to the four voices and tbh there isn't a lot of difference between the two female voices.

Maybe some voices with other accents as well.

euro-centric options that might be good and fit your typical D&D setting: Scottish, Irish, Spanish, Greek and Italian

or if you want to go really exotic and decidedly non-euro Israeli (just hire Gal Gadot for the female voice lol)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CMK
or if you want to go really exotic and decidedly non-euro Israeli (just hire Gal Gadot for the female voice lol)
And Jared Letto to lend his impeccable italian accent.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
They have two more voices per sex but they are only available right now through a mod.

enthusiast
enthusiast
This is EA. Seriously, the last thing they need to be worrying about with the game in its current state are things like more character voices. That's polish, not something that needs wide user testing.

CMK Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by WebSpyder
This is EA. Seriously, the last thing they need to be worrying about with the game in its current state are things like more character voices. That's polish, not something that needs wide user testing.

On one hand you have a point... on the other...

I am tired of the voices we have available, IF they have others available (especially ones that can be accessed if you have a mod) then make them bloody well available...

IF they do not then now is the time to start recording them so by the time they go to live they have them... the very point of EA is to request things we want to see in the full game... in EA right now we have 4 voices to choose from I am stating that I'd like more voices... I am not DEMANDING they be implemented in the next EA patch (yeah it would be nice :P ) I am -as I said earlier- throwing it out there as a feature I'd like to see (kind of like my suggestion for scarring options and another person wanting more companion options)

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V

I agree. They can always offer a "more flavor" DlC that covers a number of poster requests, and is compensated for by a modest fee.

CMK Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Van'tal

I agree. They can always offer a "more flavor" DlC that covers a number of poster requests, and is compensated for by a modest fee.

I shouldn't have to pay more to have more than four voice options... if they save it for a DLC that sucker better be free or come with a lot more than new voice options -_-

G
addict
addict
G
The female voices are awful, both of them. I hope they add more voices and some people from different regions with a different accent.

More voices are a pretty cost-inefficient thing to implement and I understand if they don't go overboard with it. I would love some more voices, too though. The only good thing about the MC VA is that we only speak some a very limited amount of lines in contrast to say the companions.

I'm hoping for a good middle ground 3-4 VA for every sex seems about right in regards to cost-benefit.

CMK Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by KingTiki
More voices are a pretty cost-inefficient thing to implement and I understand if they don't go overboard with it. I would love some more voices, too though. The only good thing about the MC VA is that we only speak some a very limited amount of lines in contrast to say the companions.

I'm hoping for a good middle ground 3-4 VA for every sex seems about right in regards to cost-benefit.

I would be happy with a total of 4 voices per gender so long as they are fairly distinct from one another (right now the two female voices are too similar)

and yeah your character as of yet doesn't have as many lines as your companions, but if I have to listen to my character repeat the same 5-10 lines as I move about and click on shit I'd like to have a wider choice of voice options to have to hear it in. (I'd LOVE to have a female voice with a Scottish accent)

Just like adding scarring options (something else I'd like to see) yeah it is gonna cost time and money, but imho if they can spend the time/money making sure every race has it's own style of undergarments (something you only see if you decide to strip your character naked) then they can spend a little time and money on a few extra voices...

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Did we not have datamining showing us that it seems like our custom characters might potentially be fulled voiced by release?

If that is the case, then I'd be surprised if we get more than two female and two male voices.

However, if they are only going to use the traditional action commentary, battle shouts (please-do-not-make-it-as-extreme-as-DAO-nor-PoE2 q_q ), and "out-of-character" comments ("I am overburdened!", "I can't do that right now", "Not possible" etc), then I see absolutely no reason to add *at the very least* 4 voices each (I'd honestly vote for 5 or even 6 each in this case).

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian

Link Copied to Clipboard