Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#809925 25/02/22 06:27 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey! Having a weird issue that's happened way too often for it to be an isolated issue. For some reason I keep getting blamed for severe crimes after standing in a community space when I don't steal or pickpocket, which then turns the people hostile and really screws up my gameplay.

Started at the druid grove, after talking to Sazza, who then for some reason called for a guard after dialogue. I wasn't antagonistic towards her at all, so found that confusing. This made Zevlor hostile towards me and I wasn't able to talk myself out of whatever supposed crime I'd committed, so had to kill him (luckily this is my drow playthrough so wasn't planning on keeping him alive long anyway, but still).

But then another incident similar to that happened again in the myconid colony, where I guess the only questionable thing I did was take the boots from the gnome slave. Didn't kill her. A few minutes after the interaction, Sovereign stopped me saying I'd 'been caught' and again, everyone came for my blood. I reloaded an earlier save and the same thing happened again.

And then AGAIN, I literally just walked into waukeen's rest, passed the 'omg it's a drow kill it' speech check, and again without touching anyone or anything, I'm suddenly blamed for a terrible crime and they all go hostile. I'm genuinely scared of stepping into any town/area with a lot of people for fear of it happening again. I just want to innocently walk around and progress the story, not get brutally mauled after a false accusation thank you.

L
stranger
stranger
L
im in the same situation. literally cant talk to anyone. gale and laezel attacked me in camp (they werent part of my party at the time). cant trade either because everyone is hostile

veteran
veteran
@Lotusflower Something like this happened to me, I think what set it off was resurrecting a dead character via mummy-guy. Reverting to a save before that fixed it anyway.

Last edited by Sozz; 25/02/22 11:01 PM.
veteran
veteran
The IFF in the game can be very finicky sometimes, I remember attacking the duergar in Grymforge and being called out as a murder by the gnomes, resulting in them eventually getting caught in the crossfire as they search for this fiend killing their slave-masters.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ok I feel like a complete idiot but... this issue was 100% my fault and I didn't realise. I'd been using the 'friends' spell on people to pass a few checks and I neglected to read the fine print saying others may 'confront' you once it wears off. Also explains why my companions got random disapproval points well after I'd finished talking to them lmao. Even so like, come on guys... calm down... no need to murder me over a lil ol' manipulation spell am I right? Guys-?

Sp anyway! Disregard! I'm just dumb! Carry on!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by lotusflower7635
im in the same situation. literally cant talk to anyone. gale and laezel attacked me in camp (they werent part of my party at the time). cant trade either because everyone is hostile

I had this bug on my recent playthrough, I sent my save file to Larian. Hopefully they can find out what happened. Literally the entire world is hostile for no reason. if I go to the Myconid colony I get stuck in a Forbidden ground repeating dialogue loop. Can't get out of it, can't leave, have to quit or reload. Everyone not in my group at camp hates me and attacks including Withers who is immune to damage.

Blackheifer
A
stranger
stranger
A
I am having this issue as well. Getting attacked at camp getting attacked by every NPC I meet. Tried loading an earlier save, tried killing off tagging along quassit first, nothing working.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
We ran into the camp bug as well, no obvious reason, just finished killing the goblin camp. Wyll died in the fight so in the long rest we use the lich guy to res him. Then somebody in the party yells intruder and all the NPCs go crazy killing each other. Typically one NPC will go aggro and then get killed by another, then immediatly a second one will aggro and the chain will continue until everyone is dead. Tried reloading several times but the problem always happens, oddly it does not always seem to be the same NPC that starts the fight, but somebody always does the second Wyll is resurrected. Completely game breaking since we cannot long rest anymore, please fix.

veteran
veteran
That's interesting, the first time it happened for me I thought an in camp resurrection was involved, but it happened again much later without anyone dying.

apprentice
apprentice
I actually had this bug, so after killing all of the Zhentarium hideout because they wanted to talk to me while beating on Rugan but as soon as I went to talk to the woman they all went hostile. I returned to the hideout later to unlock the elevator and picked up bits and pieces (as everyone there was dead) I found anywhere I went after that including camp was hostile and claimed I was a thief/tresspasser etc. Luckily I loaded before going back to the hideout and continued the game and ignored the loot and elevator. Replicated it 3 times to make sure it was returning to the empty hideout and interacting with the loot/elevator.

Now where's my pet Goblin?
apprentice
apprentice
Anyone know how to fix this? I went through the goblin camp as normal and long rested AS NORMAL and everyone including Gale is Hostile and I don't have a save that doesn't result in me losing A LOT of progress?

apprentice
apprentice
This occured to me while in the Underdark for the first time in this playthrough. I just got to the Myconid Colony and their first interaction was to threaten me to leave their territory. After I respond with "I'm leaving" the dialogue persists and loops idefinitely until I choose to Attack.

Right after that encounter I rolled back 20 mins in my last quicksave but the same thing kept happening. Ever since, the goblin camp and every other location where NPCs just chill and I have no bad relations with will all threaten me and getting me trapped in the endless loop where I just need to pay a ransom go to jail or attack...

apprentice
apprentice
even when you get out of Jail they attack. I just had to make a completely new game.

stranger
stranger
I just had a similar issue in the myconid circle, but I'm not sure if it's a bug or deliberate. Just got the first big illithid parasite power and am playing a druid, so it's transforming into an intellect devourer. If I do it, they all aggro on me after a few seconds. Even the deep rothe started attacking me...

*Just started playing BG3 a few weeks back - Patch 7 - so give me a bit of grace if I'm repeating or missing anything from earlier versions.*
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MyrddinDerwydd
I just had a similar issue in the myconid circle, but I'm not sure if it's a bug or deliberate. Just got the first big illithid parasite power and am playing a druid, so it's transforming into an intellect devourer. If I do it, they all aggro on me after a few seconds. Even the deep rothe started attacking me...
That is intentional im affraid.

Or at least it makes sense to me that when you asume form of spmething that is hated and feared by everyone ... they will hate and fear you aswell.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
apprentice
apprentice
It looks like Larian tried to fix this in Hotfix 22, but it seems to still be happening. Both at the Grove and when going to camp, everyone is angry.

B
B
Originally Posted by corporal8
It looks like Larian tried to fix this in Hotfix 22, but it seems to still be happening. Both at the Grove and when going to camp, everyone is angry.
I assume you verified that you are indeed playing on the latest hotfix version.

Did you install the hotfix and continue playing on an existing savegame (maybe one where the issue had alreasdy happend prior to updating?) or did you start a new playthrough based on the latest hotifx?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by SammieGraceTV
I actually had this bug, so after killing all of the Zhentarium hideouts because they wanted to talk to me while beating on Rugan but as soon as I went to talk to the woman they all went hostile.

This is how I discovered it too.
I think my save game is moments before this happens as I was fine and then entered the Zhentarium basement and as soon as I get close to going to talk to Zarys the game snaps back to me entering combat and then I'm hostile and enter combat almost instantly everywhere if I enter the grove I get stuck in a loop of chay telling me to get out that pops up again as coon as i agree to leave. how can i send in my save files and would Larian like to look at them?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Deloo
how can i send in my save files and would Larian like to look at them?

Larian's official bug report form is here: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

The form lets you attach files, and in general, if you're reporting a specific bug, attaching a save file that replicates it (with instructions on how to) is very helpful to them. It's preferred if you attach everything in the save file's folder - so both the save file itself, and the thumbnail save that should be in the same location.

Link Copied to Clipboard