Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by SerraSerra
I'm a leftist, i have very strong feelings of solidarity with the people of Ukraine who are suffering an unprovoked, illegitimate, criminal, violent war at the hands of a totalitarian dictator and his corrupt state apparatus. Not sure how being left- or rightwing would influence your views on civilians being murdered and a totalitarian autocrat invading a neighboring country to deny its very right of existence (on absurd, false, and fabricated grounds).
I am by no means a leftist, but I feel about the same.
And to end with perhaps the most cynical observation: the war is relevant IMO for both Larian and the BG3 game as Larian has a St. Petersburg based studio, on twitter it seemed that the partner of Larian's head writer was trapped in a shelled area in Ukraine. So this stuff - besides affecting all of us in Europe - is also affecting Larian employees (and thus development) directly.
Oh year, good point. That studio must be lost to Larian by now. They can't even pay these people - not because it's now illegal due to sanctions, but because it's technically very difficult to facilitate a money transfer. The only way I can think of that should still work is through Chinese banks, but I'm not sure about it.
Regarding the people in Ukraine... I only hope they'll make it to safety.
Or do you think it is a nice time to be a highly skilled Russian dev working for a EU game studio now in Russia?
Fixed it for ya. Here's the most recent example: an acquaintance of mine was working there, in web dev I believe, and he was unlucky enough to change jobs after the war has started. Three days into his new role, the company was closed. He's a good professional, I don't worry much about him, but still. Those who don't work in IT, however... poor sods.
For what it's worth I sincerely hope Larian manages to evacuate anyone who can/wants from their Russian studio to somewhere else
Very difficult. It's probably a bit easier for St. Petersburg in particular, because it's situated pretty close to Russian-Finnish border, and the said border isn't exactly a solid wall, it wasn't as such even during soviet times. However, the legal status of these evacuees, once they'll make it across, with be very controversial.

veteran
veteran
Have the mods just completely abandoned the forum? why is this post here?

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by PaSchTM
And here you've got me angered...

First of all: There's no third world war at the moment.
Second: The chances, that the Russians will throw a nuke at the Ukraine are pretty small. It would bring no benefit. Noone would like to have controll over nuklear wasteland...
Third: I highly doubt that you are really from the Ukraine if THAT is your only problem at the moment. Instead - and if you're really Ukrainian - of demanding release you should get your A** up, and either helping your people or if you're unable to do that getting yourself into safe regions...

Please Larian, close and delete this thread...

+1
Please close this thread. If my country is currently being nuked and at war, game is the least i'm concerned of and demanding a game devs to release it soon before i die? It doesn't seems to carry any logical sense at all. The first thing i would be concerned of is to get out, shelter and food.

Last edited by Archaven; 13/03/22 05:37 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Archaven
The first thing I would be concerned about is ... food.

You haven't met many video game players, have you?

T
Banned
Banned
T
Food in real life is important. I hope the best for Ukraine people that they get food and shelter etc.

Anyway to not get to confused about food in BG3. The food issue in BG3 has been fixed. No longer does food heal in Baldurs Gate 3 (at least not normal food). You need food for long resting (they have a logic of upkeep) in BG3. This upkeep of food is more to do with what rules in roleplaying games such as Dungeon Dragons 5th edition exist and has less to do with real life when you are hungry eat.

This game is not some real life simulator if you want that lervel of realism then you need to play another game.
That being said to implement (do) that there would be like day/night/evening/morning and seasons in BG3 summer, winter , autumn and spring would be very nice of course.

However I think developers Larian have their hands full with doing other stuff.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 13/03/22 04:44 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
Originally Posted by Archaven
The first thing I would be concerned about is ... food.

You haven't met many video game players, have you?

It's true, the obvious things. You may think this is silly, but apart from everything else, I would be very sad not to know how Baldur's Gate 3 ended (and not to see other video games, such as the new Mass Effect) in the event of a nuclear attack or a global world conflict that freezes the development of the game. Of course if I survive

Although I think that everything will end with our victory, and there will be no third world war. There are stories on Russian propaganda TV about how to take over Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova and revive the Soviet Union, they have a hatred for Poland... they are not going to stop in Ukraine if they occupy us. This is a battle not only for Ukraine, but for the whole of free Europe. This is also our price for joining the European Union and becoming part of the free world

"If a country, choosing between war and shame, chooses shame, it gets both war and shame." - Winston Churchill .

#CloseTheSky

Propaganda leaders should be judged as war criminals, they have done something unimaginable, relatives of Ukrainians living in Russia do not believe their own children and say with phrases from the TV that there is no war, and in general Ukraine itself is to blame for all mortal sins. They say that the victims of the bombings and murder are actors, the whole production is filmed in Hollywood, that we bomb our own houses, that we have Nazis in the leadership of the country (although the president is Jewish ... radical groups before the war had a rating of 1-3% and did not even enter parliament) and so on.

They talk about the genocide in the Donbass, although everything was calm there until the actions of the Russian military in 2014 and later. Now many refugees from Donbass are being bombed in other cities of Ukraine for the second time...

They literally blame us for every action they do, this is the main principle of their propaganda.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
old hand
It is insane how the President with a Jewish background gets called a Nazi/Nazi-sympathizer and people believe it without hesitation/critical thinking.

veteran
veteran

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
stranger
stranger
The coveted Baldur's gate 3 discussion.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Lol. That is not true. Thet did now get DNA from Adolf. Jewish? Maybe I do not know, but do not think that. African? No! Who is Nazi?? Perhaps in year 1940 you could find Nazi. I am right wing, but I am not a Nazi.
I do not hate Jewish or Israel. Finland my land will buy from Israel weapons (some high tech antiair craft missiles vs military warplanes) I do know that. In addition Finland will buy F-35 military warplanes from USA. That said I do hope we Finland join NATO soon.
Finland like Israel and generally they have good relationships. I hope the very best for Ukraine people.

Well and in BG3 you can choose to help Goblins or Thiefling side. In Act 1 from those compansions that I have adventured with I find both women beautiful Shadowhearth and then in a more exotic way Lae'zel a beautiful woman.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 16/03/22 09:07 PM.
old hand
old hand
Disapproving of a government's actions =/= hating an entire people.

veteran
veteran
Yep, closing this.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard