Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
The datamined Karlach was pretty universally beloved by fans, the newer version... not so much, her scars were way toned down and her facial features waaaaaaay softened.

I think people would be a little more happy if you brought back some of the severe scarring. I know you probably worried about her scars being a bit distracting.

But also her lack of demonic eyes is a bit disappointing. Her having demonic eyes would be nice, but I think you guys should give her eyes like Zevlors... with the demonic hellfire in them.

(Also... make her a Barbarian, who also has Paladin reactivity... because she was previously a paladin who lost her paladin status... come ooooon its a cool compromise between her being a paladin and being a barbarian! Plus other characters get cool stuff, like Astarions bite, and Wylls rapier)

N
stranger
stranger
N
Sorry, but I like the current version way better than the datamined version. I hope they keep this version!

Maybe some modders can make the version that Larian doesn't end up using so everyone can be happy.

U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
Originally Posted by nitriso
Sorry, but I like the current version way better than the datamined version. I hope they keep this version!

Maybe some modders can make the version that Larian doesn't end up using so everyone can be happy.

Im not dunking on the current version, im saying that... upping the scars on the current version a tad, and giving her proper demonic eyes, would be cool.

Her having Zevlors type of eyes I think would go a loooooooooong way.

veteran
veteran
Sorry, but I like the current version way better than the datamined version.
No, it really isn't.
It's not just markedly worse in a direct comparison. I'd argue it's one of the worst models currently in the game in general.
It looks like it was made by an artist with a lower skillset or if they botched the scan data used to model it.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Karlach is what again?

Demon Slayer Slave Champion of Zariel fighting in the Blood War in Avernus, unless she's lying through her teeth, which she doesn't seem to be based on the mind meld and such.

Think about that for a minute. Demon Slayer. Fighting in the Blood War.

Designing her to look like anything less scary than an escaped female convict from death row who's murdered countless people or ex-military bad butt who fought behind enemy lines alone in secret just doesn't fit.

The woman should be TOUGH looking, and scary, like "I eat Aliens and Predators for a light snack" tough. She's stared down demons and survived. Please don't give me some danty little frilly pretty Karlach who looks like she hasn't worked a day in her life.

L
addict
addict
L
Well Avernus is now Mad Max in Hell, so yeah – she should look tough as nails.

U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Karlach is what again?

Demon Slayer Slave Champion of Zariel fighting in the Blood War in Avernus, unless she's lying through her teeth, which she doesn't seem to be based on the mind meld and such.

Think about that for a minute. Demon Slayer. Fighting in the Blood War.

Designing her to look like anything less scary than an escaped female convict from death row who's murdered countless people or ex-military bad butt who fought behind enemy lines alone in secret just doesn't fit.

The woman should be TOUGH looking, and scary, like "I eat Aliens and Predators for a light snack" tough. She's stared down demons and survived. Please don't give me some danty little frilly pretty Karlach who looks like she hasn't worked a day in her life.

I think they are worried about her voice not matching her appearance, but I kind of think... that adds to her charcterization. Her not having a deep and gruff voice just because you expect that from a woman that looked lik the datamined version is a bit silly.

If it was my choice, current hair, datamined body, Zevlors eyes.

And for her class, I really think they should consider Barbarian over Paladin (with Paladin reactivity from being an ex-paladin)

I could live with her current body if they rough her up a little bit again though, re-implement some of the scars.

CMK Offline
So I looked up the datamined scarred up version... I am gonna agree with several people here I like the current model, but she really should have the scars...

veteran
veteran
I don't see her as barbarian at all. Crossbow at close range, full of a desire for vengeance against Zariel and her cult, the armor they have her wear... Nah. Seems more Oath of Vengeance.

veteran
veteran
Just want to point out that datamined version never had any eyes to begin with ...
Those were just Chubblot own additions.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
veteran
veteran
Give feedback and wait and see, I say. Current Karlach seems very unfinished, and I can't imagine that is all Larian has prepared for that character.

U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Just want to point out that datamined version never had any eyes to begin with ...
Those were just Chubblot own additions.

Like, I know that... but... im sying her current eyes feel weird. And given her position her having eyes like Zevlors would be awesome.

stranger
stranger
They went through several iterations of Minthara. Maybe they are starting to do the same with Karlach.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by urktheturtle
And given her position her having eyes like Zevlors would be awesome.
This is statement i can sign any time. smile

veteran
veteran
I just met Karlach again ...
And she really dont seem like that tatooed and scarred version Chubblot datamined earlier ...

Wich means that i believe her face will change futher.
But to be quite honest, i believe that would be a shame, since this face ... even tho it dont fits Karlach much ... is really beatifull and should be preserved for future generations!

Therefore i would like to ask Larian, IF you are going to change Karlachs head futher, please dont discart it ... save this one for our Tiefling PC. :3

I would be most grateful. ^_^

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I just met Karlach again ...
And she really dont seem like that tatooed and scarred version Chubblot datamined earlier ...

Wich means that i believe her face will change futher.
But to be quite honest, i believe that would be a shame, since this face ... even tho it dont fits Karlach much ... is really beatifull and should be preserved for future generations!

Therefore i would like to ask Larian, IF you are going to change Karlachs head futher, please dont discart it ... save this one for our Tiefling PC. :3

I would be most grateful. ^_^

That I totally agree with. Make it an option for the Player.

L
addict
addict
L
Yes please.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I respect everyone's opinions but I'm still going with my opinion that I think the current version is great and I hope they keep it. Kudos to the artists and team behind this new look. I prefer a feminine looking and less testosterone-based version over what others seem to want. It is okay to prefer feminine features. It is a fantasy game so maybe she had a bunch of wounds from battle but then they were healed. Do they have clerics in Avernus? Her having no scars can be explained through such means.

Making the face a player option is an okay idea but that means one less feminine-looking companion. If they do go with the battle-hardened datamined version, I hope they make Alfira available as a companion so at least there are two feminine-looking companions. We already have one macho female companion. Maybe everyone just wants a bigger, scarred, and red version of Lae'zel? I'm sure I'll be lambasted by others here but I wanted to let Larian know that there are some who love the new look!

veteran
veteran
I respect everyone's opinions but I'm still going with my opinion that I think the current version is great and I hope they keep it. Kudos to the artists and team behind this new look. I prefer a feminine looking and less testosterone-based version over what others seem to want. It is okay to prefer feminine features. It is a fantasy game so maybe she had a bunch of wounds from battle but then they were healed. Do they have clerics in Avernus? Her having no scars can be explained through such means.

Making the face a player option is an okay idea but that means one less feminine-looking companion. If they do go with the battle-hardened datamined version, I hope they make Alfira available as a companion so at least there are two feminine-looking companions. We already have one macho female companion. Maybe everyone just wants a bigger, scarred, and red version of Lae'zel? I'm sure I'll be lambasted by others here but I wanted to let Larian know that there are some who love the new look!

I also respect your opinion, and I'd be okay with the new look, but I just think a tougher matches her background and personality better. But hey. Looks can be deceiving. You can't always judge a book by its cover. Still. I'd prefer tougher for sure but save that model for the players.

veteran
veteran
I dont mind either ...
I just think it would be shame to loose either. laugh

Bcs both those heads are masterpiece ...
Even tho each for different reasons.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard