Print Thread
#811466 12/03/22 06:15 PM
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
This hands down some of the best level design to date!

I have spent hours turning over every rock, on my little side quest to see if I can get into the cave-in room from the back door, and am taking a break.

Erupting lava

Secret doors

puzzles

cat walks

hidden portals

traps

History

Lore

The Forge (with crafting)

New soundtrack

Creepy fetish masks

Obscure creatures dug out of the monster manual

This does not have the DOS feeling, like at the beginning. It is very dark and D&D...a hint of Planescape torment maybe, with way better graphics. A broken world with broken people. Wyll is the closest to altruistic right now, as he hides behind a mask of bravado. While he is helping others, he can forget about the horrible things that were done to him.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Van'tal
Wyll is the closest to altruistic right now, as he hides behind a mask of bravado. While he is helping others, he can forget about the horrible things that were done to him.
Oh, no, I don't see him as a good person - he is way too full of shit and deceit. Probably if I were to pick the goodest out of the bunch it would be Gale. He's done something stupid and something I don't quite understand, but seems to be honest and genuilly interested in helping others.

Last edited by Wormerine; 12/03/22 07:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
I do think Grymforge is the most D&D area of the game.

I don't think Wyll is as good as he makes himself out to be. Bad? No. I don't think so either, but definitely not as good as he pretends.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
I left Gale at camp this round to give Shadowheart a fair look-see.

I like Gale, he is well written.

Shadowheart has mellowed out (but still a Jihad Shar terrorist), albeit likeable (and probably secretly brainwashed).

Lae'zel is...well...Hey, I'm babysitting her OK?

Astarion Darling, is washing dishes.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Sooo close...I could get to the back door to free Nere (by Mithral vein), but they made all the surfaces say "not enough space" to jump on.

I can clearly see it though. This should be an option.

L
addict
addict
L
Wonder if a Druid could burrow as a badger?

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Wonder if a Druid could burrow as a badger?

If he had Line of sight.

Looks like I finished everything....absolutely gorgeous work.

They are really teasing us with all of the areas we can't get to. I tried a feather fall jump off that backdoor balcony (to try and land on the Temple walkway far below), but it just kills you.

So I heard that they are working around the clock in shifts now. I am convinced that Sven's commitment is genuine and it is really starting to show.

My characters hit level 7 using a mod, although I think the level scaling was off (should have been lower). I will enjoy multi-classing My Barbarian 5 / Celestial 'lock X Shaman build.

I used this mod (below) on my first play-through to make a Hexblade, which I am all to familiar with from table-top. Darkness saved my party against the Gith'.

This play-through, my Barbarian soaked the damage long enough to stand toe to toe for 3 rounds, before initiating a tactical retreat (healing each round with potions), before taking a stand and finishing the fight against two of them (level 4). My toon then swung back to revive Lae'zel and avenge the other two dead party members against the final Gith.

In short, I am impressed with the tanking abilities of the Barbarian, and Celestial will be able to add mirror image and Armor of Agathys (which do not require concentration). Out of combat you get all of the best Cleric spells, while in combat (must test) you get 5 bonus action heals per long rest...that may not count as spells during a rage (good for a picking up fallen companions). Also a familiar for scouting If a better companion than Wyll comes along. Can't use Eldritch blast during rage, but two bow attacks works fine while closing. Any Eldritch invocation spells also cast during rage (table-top...will have to test in game).

A similar Padlock build (Paladin / 'lock) would also be pretty amazing. Multi-class will definitely offer a lot of play-through variety.

Last edited by Van'tal; 13/03/22 05:05 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard