Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
From DND 3rd rules to DND 5th Cleric has been nerfed from supreme to very good class perhaps in a group one Cleric. That is if you have the Domains and spells available etc.

First of all the current Domains Cleric has is a bit lackluster to me... please include all domains that are in Players Handook at least for full release.

Why do not Clerics have Spiritual Weapon spell in BG3? Spiritual Weapon is example in Solasta that is DnD 5th edition rules more or less.

"
Spiritual Weapon Evocation • V, S
1 Bonus Action 1 Minute
60 ft
Melee
Force
LEVEL
2nd
CASTING TIME
1 Bonus Action
RANGE/AREA
60 ft

You create a floating, spectral weapon within range that lasts for the duration or until you cast this spell again. When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. On a hit, the target takes force damage equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier.

As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.

The weapon can take whatever form you choose. Clerics of deities who are associated with a particular weapon (as St. Cuthbert is known for his mace and Thor for his hammer) make this spell's effect resemble that weapon.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for every two slot levels above 2nd."

Well at the same time I see over and over again builds rise like take one twohanded weapon pump up your strength take excellent feat aka example Barbarian is so much better then Cleric.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 13/03/22 01:17 PM.
CMK Offline
Unfortunately there ATM there are a lot of spells missing for all the classes... Like Green Flame Blade for example which is a very useful spell for wizards and the Eldritch Knight subclass of fighter.

I would go on to list more of the spells missing, but then I'd be here typing for quite a while.

veteran
veteran
The simple answer is?...

BG3 is currently more homebrew than D&D 5e. All classes are raked across the coals so that no classes are really valuable or necessary.

Welcome to my club, the "I'd like more true 5e D&D in BG3 so that the game is more balanced and classes, items, feats, etc. all have their own value and meaning and purpose instead of items and ridiculous gimmicks like shove pushing characters 30+ feet reign supreme" club.

Or, for short, the "More 5e Please" club. 😁

Last edited by GM4Him; 13/03/22 02:17 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
please include all domains that are in Players Handook at least for full release.
This was allready confrimmed. wink

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
please include all domains that are in Players Handook at least for full release.
This was allready confrimmed. wink
Yes and all subclassas "likely" introduced from Players Handbook maybe. Well and I am sure we will get much more but everything? Deliver them at full release then I believe not before that. This has been discussed many times and I still doubt that every subclass and domain will 100% sure be included from Players Handbook. More of them? Yes absolutely that I believe, but all of them do not believe until I see it delivered at full release.

Heck one of the biggest reasons for Shadowhearth popularity is her looks and Romance. Shadowhearth is not popular due to she being powerful character in combat. The Evil Cleric or her deity is Evil.. (When are we going to see Good characters? Will ? No not in my book and perhaps neutral.
Since I like 99% only adults only content (compare to Witcher 3) regarding such in games (not talking about real life) I am less intersted in romance for sure. Well Shadowhearth is beautiful I give that, but so is Lae'zel in an exotic way more or less.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 13/03/22 04:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
Will all 5e Classes be available at launch?

> Yes, all classes from 5e Player’s Handbook will be included at launch. In Early Access you’ll be able to play as a Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock or Wizard.

Does that include paths, subclasses, etc?

> Yep.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/fhk8iw/the_official_larian_ama_is_live/

veteran
veteran
Yeah, but will they be done well? Or will they be watered down and pointless because items make classes pointless?

old hand
old hand
All the domains in 5e PHB forgotten realms based? heard 5e used FR loosely as a default setting this time but I don't actually own the books to know.

@GM4Him you can compare the material currently in the game vs source material you were bragging about a little bit ago about having. It probably would make for a good thread going over the current and missing domains and how people would like to see them handled specifically.

Last edited by fallenj; 13/03/22 06:36 PM.
T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T

> Yes, all classes from 5e Player’s Handbook will be included at launch. In Early Access you’ll be able to play as a Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock or Wizard.

> Yep.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/fhk8iw/the_official_larian_ama_is_live/
Said over 2 years ago and I do not believe it will happen. They will not implement grappling combat. How about flying? Have you seen any flying mages?
Of course I could be wrong. Larian can positively surprise me. Have you seen mounted combat on horses (some Githyanki riding Red Dragons due to Tiamat she is a very Evil Dragon Goddess and has a pact with Githyanki that worhsip her (most or all Red Dragons worship her) to fight the Mindflayers exist in the world, but they are an exception). All red Dragons certainly do not serve Githyanki, but in that case they are more like neutral and do not attack Githyanki since they are not interested to anger the Dragon Goddess Tiamat that is very evil indeed the other races (Githyanki exception) Tiamat considers mainly as food. If Tiamat would ever enter Forgotten realms get access there that might very well be compared to Doomsday at least if Tiamat get her wishes done and the races have threat of possible extinction or slavery under merciless Dragon rule. Well and perhaps many would fight her Tiamat like a last grand stand or guerilla warfare, but she is very powerful even among Gods.

Where are the horses and mounted combat? Horse in medieval time is roughly as important as a car is nowadays for many people in the real modern world. There is a goblin riding some kind of wolf, but when combat starts they fight separately and no mounted combat.

Well and how about so unclear spells like Wish or something simliar? If they are in then they need to invent something that will happen and not anything player wants. All those abstract things remove them or define what they are yes hahaaa

Last edited by Terminator2020; 15/03/22 03:54 PM.
veteran
veteran
Said over 2 years ago and I do not believe it will happen.
[Linked Image from media4.giphy.com]
smile

*snap*
I never heard about such subclasses. O_o
Can you point me to your source? wink

T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Said over 2 years ago and I do not believe it will happen.
[Linked Image from media4.giphy.com]
smile

*snap*
I never heard about such subclasses. O_o
Can you point me to your source? wink
No source exist except doubts from many players in BG3 Alpha and the fact that seems a bit unrealistic exceptations. Like I doubt that Starctitizen MMO will get released soon though I have never played that. Squadron 42 single player part of it migth see release soon but the MMO no way if they will lol deliver what promised.

On the very other hand Larian has indeed very good reputation. I am sure they will indeed deliver very much and this will be a great game!

Last edited by Terminator2020; 15/03/22 06:09 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Yeah, but will they be done well? Or will they be watered down and pointless because items make classes pointless?

Can virtually guarantee Knowledge domain will be useless as it appears they have no intention to implement expertise.

journeyman
journeyman

> Yep.

Said over 2 years ago and I do not believe it will happen. They will not implement grappling combat. How about flying? Have you seen any flying mages?
Of course I could be wrong. Larian can positively surprise me. Have you seen mounted combat on horses (some Githyanki riding Red Dragons due to Tiamat she is a very Evil Dragon Goddess and has a pact with Githyanki that worhsip her (most or all Red Dragons worship her) to fight the Mindflayers exist in the world, but they are an exception). All red Dragons certainly do not serve Githyanki, but in that case they are more like neutral and do not attack Githyanki since they are not interested to anger the Dragon Goddess Tiamat that is very evil indeed the other races (Githyanki exception) Tiamat considers mainly as food. If Tiamat would ever enter Forgotten realms get access there that might very well be compared to Doomsday at least if Tiamat get her wishes done and the races have threat of possible extinction or slavery under merciless Dragon rule. Well and perhaps many would fight her Tiamat like a last grand stand or guerilla warfare, but she is very powerful even among Gods.

Where are the horses and mounted combat? Horse in medieval time is roughly as important as a car is nowadays for many people in the real modern world. There is a goblin riding some kind of wolf, but when combat starts they fight separately and no mounted combat.

Well and how about so unclear spells like Wish or something simliar? If they are in then they need to invent something that will happen and not anything player wants. All those abstract things remove them or define what they are yes hahaaa

I agree that even in the event they add all spell schools and domains, that there will be spells you want missing from those those domains and spell schools. Other features will simply not exist, and to some degree, that is understandable, but what we do get should conform to 5E rules.

As for Tiamat, she would find her stay in the Realms powerfully contested. While the chromatic dragons would flock to her banner, nearly all of the metalic dragons would stand in oposition to her. Most of the metalic dragons would join those opposed to Tiamat. Add in the gods, demi-gods, and proxies of good and neutrality throwing their weight into the scrum and she would not have anything close to a clear victory. Then their is her personal nemesis Bahamut. While he may not be able to access the Realms as well, if she loses, he would be able to take advantage of that loss in other realms. It would be a bold and reckless move on Tiamats part to attempt an invasion of a Prime Material World like Faerun that could easily throw her power base into disarray, and eventually lead to her destruction by her own enemies. Gods CAN die on prime worlds. This is the primary reason that evil gods don't just decend on prime worlds and wreak havok.

T
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Dustmen

> Yep.

I agree that even in the event they add all spell schools and domains, that there will be spells you want missing from those those domains and spell schools. Other features will simply not exist, and to some degree, that is understandable, but what we do get should conform to 5E rules.

As for Tiamat, she would find her stay in the Realms powerfully contested. While the chromatic dragons would flock to her banner, nearly all of the metalic dragons would stand in oposition to her. Most of the metalic dragons would join those opposed to Tiamat. Add in the gods, demi-gods, and proxies of good and neutrality throwing their weight into the scrum and she would not have anything close to a clear victory. Then their is her personal nemesis Bahamut. While he may not be able to access the Realms as well, if she loses, he would be able to take advantage of that loss in other realms. It would be a bold and reckless move on Tiamats part to attempt an invasion of a Prime Material World like Faerun that could easily throw her power base into disarray, and eventually lead to her destruction by her own enemies. Gods CAN die on prime worlds. This is the primary reason that evil gods don't just decend on prime worlds and wreak havok.
Yes and there is : The Cult of the Dragon attempts to bring her from the Nine Hells to Faerûn. I was think that if only Tiamat and no other Gods would come then what could happen? If Tiamat enters Faerun she can be killed yes, but it is very hard to do it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiamat_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)
"
Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition
Tiamat again appears as one of the deities described in the Dungeon Master's Guide (2014) for this edition.[24] She is the main villain in the first adventure story-line season for the edition. The Cult of the Dragon attempts to bring her from the Nine Hells to Faerûn. Her potential arrival is the conclusion to the adventures Hoard of the Dragon Queen (2014) and Rise of Tiamat (2014).[25][26] These adventures were updated and rereleased as a single volume, titled Tyranny of Dragons (2019), for the fifth anniversary of 5th edition"

Last edited by Terminator2020; 19/03/22 05:50 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by CMK
Unfortunately there ATM there are a lot of spells missing for all the classes... Like Green Flame Blade for example which is a very useful spell for wizards and the Eldritch Knight subclass of fighter.

I would go on to list more of the spells missing, but then I'd be here typing for quite a while.
Larian stated they are focusing their efforts on implementing Player's Handbook content.

Green Flame Blade, and Booming Blade, are from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and later reprinted in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything.

I would not expect them to be in BG3.

CMK Offline
Originally Posted by Alodar
Originally Posted by CMK

Larian stated they are focusing their efforts on implementing Player's Handbook content.

Green Flame Blade, and Booming Blade, are from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and later reprinted in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything.

I would not expect them to be in BG3.

Yeah, well they gave us Berserker Barbarian which is not in the PHB sooo they clearly aren't sticking strictly to the PHB... They also gave us Drow and Githyanki which aren't playable races in the PHB

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CMK
Yeah, well they gave us Berserker Barbarian which is not in the PHB sooo they clearly aren't sticking strictly to the PHB... They also gave us Drow and Githyanki which aren't playable races in the PHB
Berserker Barbarian is in the PHB, although Larian has made changes to the class similar to what they did for the Ranger (both are widely disliked/thought to be underpowered RAW). Compared to the RAW Berserker, BG3 removes the Level of Exhaustion penalty for going into a Frenzy and adds the option to Enraged Throw instead of making a Bonus Action Frenzied Strike.

"Dark Elf (Drow)" is also a playable race in the PHB, as a subrace of Elves.

But yeah, Larian has added stuff that isn't in the PHB: Githyanki at the very least, and probably more I can't think of. And these forums are certainly the right place to advocate for adding races/classes/spells from later books. Booming Blade in particular seems right up Larian's alley; its conditional effect is similar to BG3's magic items.

CMK Offline
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Originally Posted by CMK
Berserker Barbarian is in the PHB, although Larian has made changes to the class similar to what they did for the Ranger (both are widely disliked/thought to be underpowered RAW). Compared to the RAW Berserker, BG3 removes the Level of Exhaustion penalty for going into a Frenzy and adds the option to Enraged Throw instead of making a Bonus Action Frenzied Strike.

But yeah, Larian has added stuff that isn't in the PHB: Githyanki at the very least, and probably more I can't think of. And these forums are certainly the right place to advocate for adding races/classes/spells from later books. Booming Blade in particular seems right up Larian's alley; its conditional effect is similar to BG3's magic items.

Hmmm... then D&D beyond screwed up... because when I go to D&D Beyond and click on PHB then Barbarian then choose the section on Paths Berserker isn't mentioned... you have to go to the over all menu then select Barbarian which then gives you all of the paths included in all the books.

Anyway I know for a FACT that Devine weapon is INDEED in the PHB and taking that from Cleric kinda neuters them a little in the early going.

Last edited by CMK; 22/03/22 03:57 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alodar
As far as i know their statement was that they indeed are focusing mainly on PHB ...
But they also acnowledge other materials for inspiration and stuff.

I would therefore say that anything outside PHB "can" potentialy show in final game ... its just not so certain as with PHB things.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by CMK
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Originally Posted by CMK

Hmmm... then D&D beyond screwed up... because when I go to D&D Beyond and click on PHB then Barbarian then choose the section on Paths Berserker isn't mentioned... you have to go to the over all menu then select Barbarian which then gives you all of the paths included in all the books.

Anyway I know for a FACT that Devine weapon is INDEED in the PHB and taking that from Cleric kinda neuters them a little in the early going.
D&D beyond is abit screwy. Sometimes only shows things like subclasses if you have purchased them. Can very much confirm beserker in the PhB. Clerics lacking divine weapon (I think you mean spiritual weapon?) doesent in the least make them unplayable.If you think they need spiritual weapon to be a powerfull class im not quite sure how you got that idea.

Some suggestions for other spells: Try the spells holy nuke or bad touch as I call them (Guiding bolt and inflict wounds for everyone else) a ranged attack that does 4D6 radiant damage and grants advantage for the next attack targetting the target until the end of your next turn. And a touch spell that does 3D10 necrotic damage respectivly. Both of those are lvl 1 spells that can outright 1-shot enemies with 20+ hp which is most of the enemies in the early game. Having another weapon attack that uses your bonus action for a minute is nice. But clerics work just fine without it.

Do want to join the sentiment that I would like to see the other subclasses put in the game as well. As much as I love the light domain, I want to test run the others as well!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard