Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ALexws Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
What on earth are these momentum and wrath effects anyway? It would be nice, Larian, if there was an explainer tooltip somewhere.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

veteran
veteran
BTW anyone find any glowes for Wizard or Sorcerer? laugh
I mean i know they technicaly can wear any Light armor and it dont block spellcasting ... but it dont feel right. :-/

Originally Posted by ALexws
I have mixed feelings about this to be honest ...

On one hand, it makes perfect sense that "helmet" needs to be armor ...
On the other hand, this "helmet" is clearly created for Barbarian, and since it is armor it seems right to me that it should negate unarmored defense ... wich would make it quite questionable for some Barbarians. :-/

Decisions ... decisions.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
I HATE these items. It feels so un-D&D, action/MMO RPG like. Reminds me of DOS2 pointless random magic items that are everywhere.
Nothing creative,just stats/effect. Play 1 hour <NEXT SET>, 1hour <NEXT SET....>

PLEASE MAKE INTERESTING MAGIC ITEMS THAT WILL LAST AND BE USEFUL THROUGHOUT THE ADVENTURE! That have a HISTORY, that feel RARE, were you need to THINK...Hmmm should i use this super interesting helmet of xxx or this shield of xxx...

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 23/02/22 07:03 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
It's funny you mention lasting through the adventure. On my barb play through, I grabbed the 2H sword from the demon guy on the nautiloid. Larian's new damage calculation says it does 3-16 damage per hit. I played through the party scene, killing the gobbie leadership, and I did not find a single comparable weapon.

veteran
veteran
It's funny you mention lasting through the adventure. On my barb play through, I grabbed the 2H sword from the demon guy on the nautiloid. Larian's new damage calculation says it does 3-16 damage per hit. I played through the party scene, killing the gobbie leadership, and I did not find a single comparable weapon.

And you won't ever change during the EA because the tutorial weapon is the only valuable 2H weapon... And the more powerfull.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
I HATE these items. It feels so un-D&D, action/MMO RPG like. Reminds me of DOS2 pointless random magic items that are everywhere.
Nothing creative,just stats/effect. Play 1 hour <NEXT SET>, 1hour <NEXT SET....>

PLEASE MAKE INTERESTING MAGIC ITEMS THAT WILL LAST AND BE USEFUL THROUGHOUT THE ADVENTURE! That have a HISTORY, that feel RARE, were you need to THINK...Hmmm should i use this super interesting helmet of xxx or this shield of xxx...

I usually see things through negative optics when it comes to BG3 development but more items sounds like a good thing to me. We aren't talking about imba buffs, its mostly +1/+2 on the damage rolls with a few cool ''if this - then that'' effects. We are thrown into a high level adventure as it is, its the end of the world if our company doesn't act on it, it would be weird to engage high level monsters with basic gear. If anything it should make the encounters more fun if they implement unique items on the enemy NPCs.
I agree partially with you, in that the sets should be rare, not the particular items scattered about. The world is inhabited, ofcourse people won't be roaming the hostile wilds with basic weapons.
To acquire a full set of magical items we should go through trials and tribulations, hell and back, you know, an adventure. Not just walking around a random, middle of nowhere location and bumping into a full set along the way. Would be more memorable that way, actually earning your stuff.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
And you won't ever change during the EA because the tutorial weapon is the only valuable 2H weapon... And the more powerfull.

?

The Sword of Tyr and the Sussur Greatsword both compete with the Everburn Blade, easily.

E
addict
addict
E
These remind me of items in a game like Diablo.

A hammer that deals landing damage when you jump? Really Larian? That’s some serious trolling there, almost have to hand it to them.

Last edited by Etruscan; 23/02/22 07:59 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
I wonder if you are even able to provide at least one example of item you would like to see.
It would probably help much more than "xxx" laugh

Coat litteraly any regular non-magical 2H sword in poison or dip it it fire ... and you just get weapon of exactly same power. O_o

Buy/craft/loot any +1 and you are allready stronger.

I finished this gameplay with Light of Creation polearm 1d10+1 slashing (i think) + 1d6 lightning + 1d4 poison/fire ...
Sure sometimes it ends your turn prematurely by stuning you for the rest of the round ... that was unpleasant ... but except that cant say i was dissapointwd in any way. O_o
The extra reach is priceless!

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 23/02/22 08:03 AM.

A
addict
addict
A

You can get the same bonus fire damage on other weapons by dipping. Imo other weapons have more interesting bonuses. E.g. a bear barbarian can fight relatively safely at 50% health when raging, so I'd give them the bloodied greataxe (also available early) instead.

veteran
veteran
It's not really THAT good. And personally I'll take +1 or +2 weapons that also increase chances to land a hit over a "pre-dipped" flaming sword.
The Sussur one with ì1 and silencing effect is great, for instance. Even if in my last playthrough I decided to go for a dagger and give it to Shadowheart instead.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
The fire on the Everburn Sword should go out when you leave the Nine Hells.

It looks stupid when it's burning all the time when carried anyway.

ALexws Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by 1varangian

it's literally called "Everburn" so of course it's burning all the time?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Coat litteraly any regular non-magical 2H sword in poison or dip it it fire ... and you just get weapon of exactly same power. O_o

I follow one of your regular advice : I never use dipping wink
On top of that, you can coat the Everburn Blade with some poison (it does not work with all of them if I remember well, but I can assure you it is with the wyvern poison).

Originally Posted by Tuco
It's not really THAT good. And personally I'll take +1 or +2 weapons that also increase chances to land a hit over a "pre-dipped" flaming sword.
The Sussur one with ì1 and silencing effect is great, for instance. Even if in my last playthrough I decided to go for a dagger and give it to Shadowheart instead.

With reckless attack, the +1 is less impactfull imo.

Originally Posted by ash elemental
You can get the same bonus fire damage on other weapons by dipping. Imo other weapons have more interesting bonuses. E.g. a bear barbarian can fight relatively safely at 50% health when raging, so I'd give them the bloodied greataxe (also available early) instead.

1D12 + 1D6
Average damage without dipping : 10 when you're below 50% HP.
Average damage with dipping : 11.5 when you're below 50% HP.

2D6 +1D4
Average damage : 9,5 damage everytime.

Not worth "the risk" imo even if as you said, it's easier to stay below 50% with a barbarian.I personnaly think it's gonna be time to heal when I have less than 50%.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 23/02/22 09:32 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
You mean "dont do what you dont want to do?"

Thats good ... im glad im in agreement with someone about that.
Even tho dislike diping and therefore use weapon that is automaticly and permanently diped seems a little twisted ... but if it makes you happy its not my place to judge i gues. smile

veteran
veteran
You mean "dont do what you dont want to do?"

Thats good ... im glad im in agreement with someone about that.
Even tho dislike diping and therefore use weapon that is automaticly and permanently diped seems a little twisted ... but if it makes you happy its not my place to judge i gues. smile

I'm only following this advive for dipping because it doesn't make any sense (and for barrelmancy because it annoys me).
Twisted ? Magical weapons dealing additionnal damages are a part of every DnD video games (and they are in the DMG). Dipping a sword in a candle is stupid and only exist in BG3.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 23/02/22 09:36 AM.

old hand
old hand
Everburn is an Easter Egg item. Most people aren't even going to know it exists.

Me, I like these new items. I'm not too sure about how they're balanced, but I like the style of design with sets and resource management. Being able to pick and choose which items to use rather than being forced to use all pieces of the set is nice. I dislike the naming of the "sparky" set items with a passion though wink

As for items being "interesting and useful throughout the adventure", this kind of thing is exactly the way, or at least one of the ways, to make items interesting to me... And while the "items are obsolete as soon as you pick them up" style of loot loop design is something I want to avoid I also don't want to be using the same items throughout the entire adventure. What would an item like that even be like?

BTW anyone find any glowes for Wizard or Sorcerer? laugh
I mean i know they technicaly can wear any Light armor and it dont block spellcasting ... but it dont feel right. :-/

I have mixed feelings about this to be honest ...

On one hand, it makes perfect sense that "helmet" needs to be armor ...
On the other hand, this "helmet" is clearly created for Barbarian, and since it is armor it seems right to me that it should negate unarmored defense ... wich would make it quite questionable for some Barbarians. :-/

Decisions ... decisions.

That's not how Unarmoured Defence works either in practice or in theory. Helmets are not armour in any way that matters.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
Yeah, not a fan of that effect, either.
Even if they wanted to for a "fire-y" (fiery?) effect I would have preferred something a bit less noisy from a visual standpoint. Dragon's Dogma would be a good example on how to make COOL LOOKING weapon buff effects.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
There's a hammer for your barbarian in the Waukeen's Rest, Eagle Pursuit. It deals 1d4 thunder damage upon landing from a Jump. I'm hoping it works with the eagle totem move.

Hamarhraft...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

veteran
veteran

it's literally called "Everburn" so of course it's burning all the time?
We can change the name to Sometimesburn Blade or Hellblade, mr. Clever. =)

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard