Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
I would love if there was some peaceful handling of the goblin and tiefling situation. It makes me upset to have to choose which one of these groups I have to massacre, and admittedly it's mostly because there are children in both groups. I do not feel comfortable having to kill children, even if they are "evil." It would be one thing if this was a group of goblins that are just a band of monsters like a bandit group or something, but they have kids with them, and that just makes me feel uncomfortable.

So I would like there to be a peaceful handling of the goblin-tiefling situation, or maybe get rid of the kids or something?

CMK Offline
Pro tip, when you go to the Goblin camp you don't actually have to ever talk to Halsin to actually rescue him... just kill the goblin leaders then take a long rest. When you get back to the Grove Halsin will still be there and he will still thank you for your help. Hope this helps alleviate your guilt ^_^

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
It does help a bit yes actually, thank you. I still would like a more peaceful route, but this that does help me to deal with the biggest issue I was having at least X3

veteran
veteran
I suggested few monts ago that we should be able to mix Sleep potion with their booze outside ... instead of just poison.

So far no response ...

---
If ypu insist on no-kill approach, try knock leaders off instead ... quest will be complete since they dissappear afzer Long Rest for some reason and no blood will be spilled. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Yes a sleeping potion would be really good, or heck even if we want to keep the goblins as pure 'evil' or whatever, just convincing the goblins to leave or something would be nice.

veteran
veteran
I think the sleeping potion route makes the most sense as an alternative. After all, however Larian wants to treat goblins at large in terms of morality, this specific group we're dealing with is part of a fanatical cult whose leaders can literally control their minds. This isn't the sort of group you can exactly expect to have a reasonable negotiation with.

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Valid point. So theoretically, we get rid of the leaders, and then convince the goblins to leave :p Then again if we get rid of the leaders that's probably what happens anyway, huh?

veteran
veteran
Not quite ...
They stay there, but Druids (nor Tieflings) no longer concider them to be threat ... we can presume at best that "theoretical attack on the road" Tieflings were worried about is no longer probable.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I suggested few monts ago that we should be able to mix Sleep potion with their booze outside ... instead of just poison.

Neat, I didn't know this was possible. Where is the booze that you mix it into? Near the central fire?

*Just started playing BG3 a few weeks back - Patch 7 - so give me a bit of grace if I'm repeating or missing anything from earlier versions.*
veteran
veteran
Yeah pretty much ... left from that roasting meat, if you are facing entrance to the temple ...
Or simply watch goblins for a while, they come there often to refill their tankards(?). wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think it'd be fun to have the ability to use your True-Soul Status to get them to betray their leader and join you instead. And then order them to do 'Insert action here.'. Maybe even make them do good deeds like protect people. Or Pillage and Steal in your name. Like there's plenty of choices.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kou The Mad
I think it'd be fun to have the ability to use your True-Soul Status to get them to betray their leader and join you instead. And then order them to do 'Insert action here.'. Maybe even make them do good deeds like protect people. Or Pillage and Steal in your name. Like there's plenty of choices.
That'd be neat. It should probably be a hard check and have some consequences when you come face-to-face with Minthara/Ragzlin/Gut. Oh and being a Drow could give you some kind of bonus to the check.

old hand
old hand
Yes lets get rid of kids, just because you can't stomach other races having them. How do you think the world works?

If I remember correctly the gobs have a stew of humans or maybe it was a person on a stick, they really should show the kids eating a persons leg to get the full effect.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by fallenj
Yes lets get rid of kids, just because you can't stomach other races having them. How do you think the world works?

If I remember correctly the gobs have a stew of humans or maybe it was a person on a stick, they really should show the kids eating a persons leg to get the full effect.

A bunch of dwarf parts around the cookfire as I recall.... I think it might have been the NPC that was supposed to have the map to the underdark...

Last edited by Don Bartenstein; 24/03/22 06:37 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Don Bartenstein

A bunch of dwarf parts around the cookfire as I recall.... I think it might have been the NPC that was supposed to have the map to the underdark...

Ah gotcha, I haven't done a solid play through since beginning of EA, so I don't know if they changed it or not. Just remember gobs having razor teeth and being shown multiple times that they straight up eat people.

Last edited by fallenj; 24/03/22 11:15 PM.
addict
addict

Ah gotcha, I haven't done a solid play through since beginning of EA, so I don't know if they changed it or not. Just remember gobs having razor teeth and being shown multiple times that they straight up eat people.

Well. It doesn't make the kids evil though, to them other races are just cattle/food as that's what their parents taught them. OP doesn''t seem to have a problem with other races having kids, but having to kill them. Sure, these particular offsprings can't exactly be called angels but if I saw human children be cruel to an animal I'd be willing to give them a whopping they never forget but I wouldn't kill them.

veteran
veteran
To me it seems that OP only used goblin children to aplify his appeal and he mind killing in general.
And i agree ...

"Thou shalt not kill."
Is cruicial part of most my good characters (especialy Paladin and Monk) ... and i would like to have option to live by that rule implemented a little deeper than just activating non-lethal strikes. :-/

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon

Well. It doesn't make the kids evil though, to them other races are just cattle/food as that's what their parents taught them. OP doesn''t seem to have a problem with other races having kids, but having to kill them. Sure, these particular offsprings can't exactly be called angels but if I saw human children be cruel to an animal I'd be willing to give them a whopping they never forget but I wouldn't kill them.

I didn't kill kids in my play, nor did OP mention this. He/she doesn't want to have kids near the battlefield when he kills there parents or wants a peaceful solution to it, because there are kids present. He's using this as a excuse to cut content pretty much.

veteran
veteran
Techincally all you need to do is kill goblin leaders - all other goblins are skippable, children especially so.

Personally I would be against full-on peaceful option - I think already BG3 has issue with amount of "valid" paths available and adding an optimal option C wouldn't help matters. Think of Outer Worlds, where I am willing to bet in most big quests most players went for C "make everyone happy" option.

I must say, I am not fan of how goblins are presented. They are monsters - making them relatable kinda kills the point of their existance - especially that there is little interesting done with them narrative wise.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Like form your own cult, Convert Goblins to Cult (Among others later.), ????, Ascend to Godhood.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard