Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
CMK Offline
So, just gonna throw my humble opinion in here. I don't think shove should be removed from the game, but it DOES need to be fixed. Right now it is inconsistent at best. Some times the projected shove is super short others it does seem like you are shoving 20ft. I know the game measures in meters so lets see...(googles) 5ft is 1.524 meters, for sanity's sake we can round down to 1.5 meters. Also... is it just me or do the Duergar have an easier time shoving your party than the other way around?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CMK
So, just gonna throw my humble opinion in here. I don't think shove should be removed from the game, but it DOES need to be fixed. Right now it is inconsistent at best. Some times the projected shove is super short others it does seem like you are shoving 20ft. I know the game measures in meters so lets see...(googles) 5ft is 1.524 meters, for sanity's sake we can round down to 1.5 meters. Also... is it just me or do the Duergar have an easier time shoving your party than the other way around?

Duergar can use Enlarge and get Advantage on Athletics rolls. So, yes, it becomes an OP combat maneuver for them.

As for shove as Bonus, I agree, Max, with everything you said. My main issue is the distance, but I do think shove as an Action is also something they should implement.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
"Clone" is not accurate,

I think its pretty accurate...
[/quote]
I suppose it depends one one definition of "clone". Perhaps mine is a bit more limited then others. There is no denying, of course, similarities between BG3 and Larian previous titles, and engine that powers those games.

As to shove - yeah, the game needs couple serious rebalance passes before it releases.

old hand
old hand
Shove should be as it is in PHB.... ACTION requirement, and you can choose to EITHER push the enemy ONLY 5 FEET, or knock them prone. I would LOVE for this to be implemented, but I doubt it will.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Shove should be as it is in PHB.... ACTION requirement, and you can choose to EITHER push the enemy ONLY 5 FEET, or knock them prone. I would LOVE for this to be implemented, but I doubt it will.

Same here.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CMK
I know the game measures in meters so lets see...(googles) 5ft is 1.524 meters, for sanity's sake we can round down to 1.5 meters.

Just as an aside; the game has the option for you to switch the display between imperial and metric, as you prefer - However, as someone who uses the metric system entirely in every aspect of her day to day life, I actually still keep the game set to imperial, because 5e is designed for and made in imperial, it's set up to work with imperial, and it's what we measure in at our home tables regardless - that's just the system the PnP game uses, and it only needs to make sense in relation to itself.

So, I know I can run 25 feet, and I know that I can misty step 30 feet; I can convert those if I want to, but all that actually *matters* is that I know that the enemy target is 50 feet away, so I know that I can, indeed, reach them for some righteous clobbering.

L
addict
addict
L
I’m the same. D&D doesn’t feel right in meters. I’m surprised it isn’t feet by default. I just hope they continue to keep all the modifiers in nice rounded feet and convert to metric, not the other way around.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
I’m the same. D&D doesn’t feel right in meters. I’m surprised it isn’t feet by default. I just hope they continue to keep all the modifiers in nice rounded feet and convert to metric, not the other way around.
The game may read your Region settings on first start (at least on Windows, but other OSes should have their equivalents), and default to either Metric or U.S. depending on
Code
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International, iMeasure
That's what I would do, if I had to write it.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Or it simply uses Meters in default, bcs Larian are Europian studio and for whole Europe (except Britany) Impreial system is more confusing than quantum physic.

Just saying ... laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Or it simply uses Meters in default, bcs Larian are Europian studio and for whole Europe (except Britany) Impreial system is more confusing than quantum physic.

Just saying ... laugh

I agree for most things but not D&D. Everything is in nice easy 5-foot increments in D&D. If you can count in 5s, and know your 5X tables, you’re set.

Last edited by LukasPrism; 28/03/22 10:04 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Even the empire is slowly getting rid of it, in favour of metric system. Or so I've been told. It's just the U.S. now.

Looking through the thread

Okay, so... Lucas is kiwi, Niara and me are aussies, you are European... Oh, GM4Him is from US I believe, he can tell us which measurement system game picks by default on his PC.

veteran
veteran
It's always defaulted to metric here in the US. I'm always having to switch it.

Stupid Americans. Why can't we just get with the program? Metrics just make more sense.

🤪

Last edited by GM4Him; 28/03/22 11:13 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GM4Him
It's always defaulted to metric here in the US. I'm always having to switch it.
Oh bugger. What a bunch of lazy amateurs...

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Really?
I thought he is German. laugh

veteran
veteran
Really?
I thought he is German. laugh

Ich bin Berliner. Lol

Meine name ist Gm4Him. Ich spreche Deutsch nicht so gut, aber ich spreche es ein Wenig.

Last edited by GM4Him; 28/03/22 12:57 PM.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
think

veteran
veteran
lol. I took German in High School and 2 years in College.

But I'm American. Yes. And the default for sure is Metric in BG3, not Imperial, regardless of where you live, it seems.

L
addict
addict
L
Yep Kiwi here and fully metric. But I still prefer feet in this game for two reasons:

D&D is designed so everything is measured in 5ft increments. So, super easy math.

Secondly, feet seems more appropriate for a game that is essentially medieval fantasy. Meters draws me out of it, much like the stopwatch in Solasta for the ready action seems like a terrible UI choice. Use something theme appropriate!

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Ye i agree, it feels weird. I found that it puts me in a position where shove is always the best move over all the other tools that i have. I wonder if on full release they will add a perk called fleet footed or something like that so that humans can take it at lvl 1. That way i could just never die from falling of a ledge by a harpy.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
If you have no push ge-loven then no other NPCs ge-shoven.

I don't use the mechanic myself, but it is a mechanic that people frequently use in table top.

Diese Mechanik ist von der Sorte Nimm es oder lass es.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard