Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by Zarna
Definitely sounds like they did flight much better in Solasta then. Still being in melee range is just stupid.

agreed

addict
addict
Haven't seen this argument being made in this thread : Clerics are weak in BG3 because Wizards can learn all of their spells. No matter how powerful Spiritual Weapon is, Wizards get it too and can cast it more often per day than Clerics. Here's what Clerics have that Wizards don't: some proficiencies and Channel Divinity. Here's what Wizards have that Clerics don't: every spell ever. I don't see how those two things even begin to compare.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Flooter
Haven't seen this argument being made in this thread : Clerics are weak in BG3 because Wizards can learn all of their spells. No matter how powerful Spiritual Weapon is, Wizards get it too and can cast it more often per day than Clerics. Here's what Clerics have that Wizards don't: some proficiencies and Channel Divinity. Here's what Wizards have that Clerics don't: every spell ever. I don't see how those two things even begin to compare.
Wizards learning all spells bothers me a lot, playing either a Cleric or a Wizard. Or any other spellcaster, really.

The fact that they haven't addressed this after 8 huge patches just tells me someone over at Larian thinks Wizards work better for a video game this way and they want to keep this in. Completely not getting how magic has always worked in D&D, or what makes a Class based system work. Hint: it's the opposite of sharing unique class abilities to everyone. Rogues suffer from this too as their shtick was also readily handed out to everyone. Feels like Larian hates classes and restrictions, but they're making a class based game. Otherwise, why make some players used to Wizards learning everything only to disappoint them later and listen to complaints?

That said, I don't think the spell distribution is anywhere near perfect in D&D. Wizards should obviously have elemental/conjuration stuff like Create Water, while it doesn't exactly fit every deity's portfolio for Clerics, and is even directly opposing a god of Fire.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
I guess it depends on how you like to play them.

The Twilight Cleric is nice for its great Auras...and buffs.

The Wizard may copy the spells but is way to squishy to tank. He is better as a Swiss army knife / DPS.

Wyll has proven great with his Wisdom Hex / Vicious Mockery or Dissonant Whispers (Bard Initiate). He has plenty of tools, including Green Flame Blade (not just EB).

Get both Wyll and Gale to throw a fireball in the same round and you can sing about it...

,,.Dror Razlin, Dror Razlin was burnt to a crisp...

Volo hasn't quite worked out the rest.

Rogue is fine at what it does, and can bonus action / hide and shoot.

Astarian has done his part in combat...he contributes well in focus fire.

All in all by level 5 you can be successful at any play-style you wish.

I like Bear-Barian tank VERY much, but Cleric has more back-end potential and I like the thematic feel (even though Spiritual Weapon isn't there yet).

Final thought: Ranger to 5 then Rogue would be awesome...very good synergy.

BTW...I hope I don't come across as contradicting your concerns, as much as trying to point out ways to enjoy the classes that you love (In spite of odd development choices).

Last edited by Van'tal; 01/08/22 05:57 PM.
old hand
old hand
Definitely sounds like they did flight much better in Solasta then. Still being in melee range is just stupid.

There was someone a couple weeks ago who mentioned that they had a cleaving weapon or weapon action, and they nearly killed themselves at the beginning of the game trying to use it because they hit a caustic bulb that was hanging on the ceiling above them. Something for everyone here to keep in mind when considering their combat options for the future.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 01/08/22 07:06 PM.
veteran
veteran
I assume spirit weapon will be included with Pally but the notation Cleric is nerfed isn't an argument I agree with having played 4 of them ... Wisdom, strength, dexterity and even charisma builds

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
apprentice
apprentice
Life clerics are pretty good at supporting the party and staying alive. You have bless, healing word, access to chainmail, and very commendable wisdom saves. What more do you need at the low tier of play? And believe me, once you're able to hit level 5 and pick up spirit guardians, your disappointment will wither away.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by Moradin's hammer
Life clerics are pretty good at supporting the party and staying alive. You have bless, healing word, access to chainmail, and very commendable wisdom saves. What more do you need at the low tier of play? And believe me, once you're able to hit level 5 and pick up spirit guardians, your disappointment will wither away.

Agreed.

When Spiritual Weapon is implemented, it will pull it's weight in combat even better. If you want more DPS, splash in a couple Paladin levels, or just play another class.

Pure Paladin is an option for the future.

Last edited by Van'tal; 03/08/22 11:21 AM.
N
journeyman
journeyman
N

+1

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard