Print Thread
#813866 21/04/22 02:08 PM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Another poll. Options are:

1. No Day/Night Cycle - Game as is currently
2. Day/Night Cycle with Realtime clock - Each Short Rest moves clock 1 hour. Each Long Rest is 8 hours. Clock moves 1 minute per 1 minute in real life. Game would require quick pause function so you could stop clock at any point outside of dialogue.
3. Day/Night Cycle with Long Rest button - instead of End Day Button, you have Long Rest Button. Thus, 2 Long Rests per day, and 2 Short Rests per Long Rest. You start on beach in the morning. You hit Long Rest and gain benefits of Long Rest and transition to Night. You Long Rest again and transition to Day, gaining benefits of Long Rest again.
3, Day/Night with Short Rests - Start at beginning of the day. After first short rest, it's afternoon. Second short rest is Night. Long Rest is still End Day, but to adventure at night, you must use Short Rests.
4. Day/Night Cycle with Day/Night button - No Long or Short Rests used. You just hit the button and it transitions from Day to Night or vice versa.

Day/Night Poll
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 21/04/22 02:08 PM
veteran
veteran
Be careful about being overly specific in your poll options. I would vote for #3 if it was more general, but I disagree with "2 Long Rests per day."

As I mentioned, it's probably a good idea to iterate on possible poll options in the megathread before actually posting the poll, to avoid these types of problems in wording/options. Too late now I suppose, but for any future polls you/others make...

veteran
veteran
I went for option 2, with the caveat that being a game built around multiplayer (because that's what it is, like it or not) it should "freeze" the clock* when one of the players is in combat, so it can prevent weird de-sync issues.

*note that I said the clock, not the real-time flow of the game. I'm being specific here because I know that otherwise some people would start to bitch "I would HATE to be stuck in turn-based mode when I'm not the one that is doing combat".
Well, good news: you wouldn't need to.

Last edited by Tuco; 21/04/22 02:35 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
I could only pick one, so I went with game as is. A day/night button would also be fine with me.

Last edited by Icelyn; 21/04/22 02:46 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
I could only pick one, so I went with game as is.
Yeah, god forbid you would argue in favor of a good change, for once.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by Icelyn
I could only pick one, so I went with game as is.
Yeah, god forbid you would argue in favor of a good change, for once.
evil

veteran
veteran
I went with 3b, I like having the already limited short rests deciding the fighting day's length. I'd also go for a important dialogues tripping time flags route. Some way of fitting a day to the number of combats/dialogues you've had.

Bringing back exhaustion from the other games would be nice too.

veteran
veteran
I think I'd like to vote for "3," but I can't find this option.

2 would be too complicated to implement. I don't understand at all the purpose of 3. 4 wouldn't make any sense to me...
So I don't know what to choose.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 21/04/22 04:54 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Option 2 is the best/ideal option, but 3 is the most feasible.

Option 1 is just disgusting.

stranger
stranger
I have chosen Three, Please nobody stone me. (lol)

Also, time to return for a bit. :hihi:

Last thing i heard was that Druids(?) were added to the Game - and probably one new Area for the Early Access. Also People wanted the Bard-Class and the adorable Tiefling-Woman who played the Song in the Early Access where the Player could help her - Players wanted her to be able to be a Party Member.

I also noticed how the Day- and Night-Circle is weird. It is very scripted. Wouldn't it be cool if the Player could decide himself simply via an Option whenever it is Day or Night ? I am confident the Developers could make it happen that Every Encounter with Everyone the Player meet in the Game, could be either at Daytime or Night-Time.

Of Course they can decide to let it scripted that for Example "Rafael" the charming Cambion only approaches the Player at Night at the Camp.

addict
addict
Right now....15 for Day/Night , 2 against.
ROFL. There you go nay sayers. I can guess who voted against...probably Icelyn and Rag lol.

Why in hell WOULDN'T there be a day/night in a cRPG; particularly one called Baldur's Gate is just beyond me.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 22/04/22 09:34 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Voted for #2, but 1:1 ratio between RT and GT is unfeasible. In BG2, if I remember correctly, the ratio was 1:60, i.e. 1 minute of real time = 1 hour of game time, or 1:30 maybe - anyway, something like this. And it felt pretty natural.

Maybe switch to 1:1 during dialogs, but that's pretty much the same as pause.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
There's a second poll for day/night. I created it because this one wasn't totally accurate or descriptive enough.

Please vote in the Take 2 poll. Thanks.

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=813940#Post813940

Last edited by GM4Him; 22/04/22 09:35 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
probably Icelyn and Rag lol
Dunno about Icelyn ... but i didnt bother with this topic, since when i get here second one was allready here.
You know ... things you find, when you read. Fun stuff. wink

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 22/04/22 02:32 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard