Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
mrfuji3 #813941 22/04/22 03:49 AM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
BG3 is already expected to allow 4 customs, at least for multiplayer. And hasn't it already been shown that Lae'zel and Us join your tutorial party with no problem??

If GM4Him is arguing for the option of playing with 4 customs + 2 Origins, but you can still play with 1 custom + 5 origins, then that's fine. (I assume this is what you mean?)
If he's arguing for that being the only way you can have a party of 6 is that you have 4 customs, then no, hard disagree.

Option. Not forced.

Currently even with the mod, you can't play 4 player with even a single origin. You can do 3 players with 6 via the mod, but not 4.

I'm trying to say I want them to allow party of 6 and balance 5e with party of 6 as a difficulty setting. Keep party of 4 as an option for the nerfed EA difficulty setting. What I don't want is a 5e difficulty that is super hard because they limit us to party of 4 and balance everything for party of 4 but then unnerf monsters for 5e difficulty.

In other words, they throw 3 intellect devourers at us with nerfed gameplay and stats but then keep 3 intellect devourers and implement 5e and expect 2 level 1 characters to beat 3 intellect devourers with resistance and devour intellect. Let me at least have the option to create a decent party of I want so 3 intellect devourers won't wipe the floor with me. If you want to go at it with 2, that's up to you, but let me have the option to have more.

GM4Him #813942 22/04/22 04:16 AM
veteran
veteran
I want a party of 6 and being able to choose the difficult level.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
GM4Him #813959 22/04/22 10:55 AM
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
I voted for both options 3 and 4, but would prefer option 4.
They can implement it as difficulty levels in such a way:
Party of 6 with current level of encounters and enemies = easy
Party of 6 with enemies adjusted to DnD stats = average
Party of 6 with more enemies / stronger enemies = hard

This way, they will not even need to scrap their current design, as they keep it via easy difficulty option and can just add tweaks and more enemies for harder difficulties. It also provides them a way to implement these difficulties in general.

Last edited by Volsalex; 22/04/22 10:56 AM.
Icelyn #813971 22/04/22 02:21 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Originally Posted by kanisatha
OP, I think you made a huge mistake by not including the option of:
I am fine with 4 but I don't mind including the option to go up to 6 for those people who want that option.
There's no problem here because you can select multiple options. So ^ you'd select options #1 (keep as is) and #3 (option for party size of 6).
up
I voted for #1 and #3 because either a party of 4 or 6 is fine with me.😊
smile Thanks!

GM4Him #813977 22/04/22 04:13 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GM4Him
BG3 is already expected to allow 4 customs, at least for multiplayer. And hasn't it already been shown that Lae'zel and Us join your tutorial party with no problem??

If GM4Him is arguing for the option of playing with 4 customs + 2 Origins, but you can still play with 1 custom + 5 origins, then that's fine. (I assume this is what you mean?)
If he's arguing for that being the only way you can have a party of 6 is that you have 4 customs, then no, hard disagree.

Option. Not forced.

Currently even with the mod, you can't play 4 player with even a single origin. You can do 3 players with 6 via the mod, but not 4.

I'm trying to say I want them to allow party of 6 and balance 5e with party of 6 as a difficulty setting. Keep party of 4 as an option for the nerfed EA difficulty setting. What I don't want is a 5e difficulty that is super hard because they limit us to party of 4 and balance everything for party of 4 but then unnerf monsters for 5e difficulty.

In other words, they throw 3 intellect devourers at us with nerfed gameplay and stats but then keep 3 intellect devourers and implement 5e and expect 2 level 1 characters to beat 3 intellect devourers with resistance and devour intellect. Let me at least have the option to create a decent party of I want so 3 intellect devourers won't wipe the floor with me. If you want to go at it with 2, that's up to you, but let me have the option to have more.

Currently as far as I know, you can rock 4 customs and 1 companion (Lae'zel) in the tutorial, but once you get to the pod for Shadowheart. She books it saying she'll find another way, but this is only for tutorial.

fallenj #814003 23/04/22 02:58 AM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I tried with the mod several times. I created party of 4 custom characters and set the number to party size max 6. After I got out of the tutorial, it wouldn't let me add anyone because you first have to, for some reason, dismiss a party member. Then it lets you add someone. But if you have party of 4 customs you can't dismiss anyone,. So I could only do 3 customs max of I wanted party of 6.

GM4Him #814030 23/04/22 05:30 PM
old hand
old hand
I tried with the mod several times. I created party of 4 custom characters and set the number to party size max 6. After I got out of the tutorial, it wouldn't let me add anyone because you first have to, for some reason, dismiss a party member. Then it lets you add someone. But if you have party of 4 customs you can't dismiss anyone,. So I could only do 3 customs max of I wanted party of 6.

I haven't messed with mods yet, except getting freckles for my halfling, which is just a texture that replaced tattoos. Sounds like a simplistic mod that increases party size and that's it. But ya, sounds annoying and hoping dismissing customs gets fixed sooner than later.

Last edited by fallenj; 23/04/22 05:31 PM.
fallenj #814033 23/04/22 06:24 PM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by fallenj

I haven't messed with mods yet, except getting freckles for my halfling, which is just a texture that replaced tattoos. Sounds like a simplistic mod that increases party size and that's it. But ya, sounds annoying and hoping dismissing customs gets fixed sooner than later.

Same. There are 2 ways I want to play this game. 1 custom with all 5 current origins in the party at once, and party of 4 customs with 2 origins at a time.

GM4Him #814436 01/05/22 05:42 PM
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
It seems to be really important to enough people that they should add an option for six.

They would have to limit the extra two to mercs or premades...as they have clearly said that only 4 origin characters may advance past act 1 (The whole massive dialogue tree limitation).

In BG1 & 2 They allowed 6, and after two left during a disagreement, I preceded with 4.

Choice is good!

#814447 01/05/22 10:30 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Van'tal
as they have clearly said that only 4 origin characters may advance past act 1
Did they tho?

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
GM4Him #815938 01/06/22 02:25 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Personally, I would like the option to create 6 custom party members. It would be nice to give us that option for those who wants it (dont want it? Dont use it! :P ) and you can always adjust the difficulty up to your liking or not. I know that theres mods for up to 8 party members but I dont think theres any that lets you have 6 custom party members.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard