Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Btbrown0786 #794373 19/10/21 03:23 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I am going to offer some advice to the OP.

Games in EA are always making changes and expecting any mod to work after a patch in EA is overly optimistic.

If you can't play with any mod, no matter what it is, EA may not be for you.

Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
RPG nerds use to play BG1/BG2 in the 90s.
Now we have perverds and wankers playing cinematic nude fantasy games.

There are people out there, that would take one look at Baldurs gate 3, see that it has romance and animated sex in it, and call it a cinematic nude fantasy game.

Last edited by cool-dude01; 20/10/21 05:58 PM.
cool-dude01 #794946 20/10/21 05:56 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by cool-dude01
There are people out there, that would take one look at Baldurs gate 3, see that it has romance and animated sex in it, and call it a cinematic nude fantasy game.

I mean..they're not wrong. do you remember how much time Larian spent talking about the sexy storyboards? Just check out the subreddit and the amount of thirst going on there.

Btbrown0786 #814034 23/04/22 06:40 PM
T
Banned
Banned
T
Please do this. Oh I did find this... now. Yes I want this!

Lumign #814042 24/04/22 12:30 AM
P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Lumign
To be fair, underwears are quite recent invention in human history.

Therefore, it would be appropriate or immersive that nobody wears any underwear in MEDIEVAL fantasy setting.

Yes this is why, good sir, BG3 characters should be naked beneath their cloths.

Medieval people were totally wearing underwear, but not the kind that we wear nowadays. I get your point thought, the underwear in BG3 is a couple centuries too modern.

Chemises, under-bodices and braies aren't as sexy though, lets be honest.

Piff #814062 24/04/22 06:55 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Piff
the underwear in BG3 is a couple centuries too modern
Just out of curisosity ...
Wich century you think is in BG-3, compared to our world? And more specificly ... based on what?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
RagnarokCzD #814067 24/04/22 07:39 AM
P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Just out of curisosity ...
Wich century you think is in BG-3, compared to our world? And more specificly ... based on what?

Much of the sword coast presents itself as a euro-centric late medieval fantasy setting. There are many other styles involved in the wider world of Toril (Rashemen and Icewind Dale are very heavily Conan inspired), but it should be mentioned that the styles of fantasy involved in the creation of DnD as a whole come from many varied sources set in many different assumed time periods, and as such the stylistic aesthetics of Toril change dramatically depending on where you are. Same is true for the fashion. And all of it is completely irrelevant because I don't actually want a true to middle ages mudcore aesthetic in my high fantasy video game, so having modern underwear isn't really a problem.

Btbrown0786 #814068 24/04/22 07:44 AM
veteran
veteran
For the record: Faerun, and the Sword Coast in particular, are, economically and technologically, designed to be comparable to a roughly western european setting, as of the late middle-ages, and that is and has been an established element of the realms' core lore since first edition - literally every source that ever describes this and draws a parallel or analogy, draws this one, because that is what it is pitched as, directly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faerun
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_Realms

Fictional culture and technology
Economically and technologically, Faerûn is comparable to Western Europe during the late Middle Ages, giving most new players using this campaign setting an intuitive grasp of the way the society functions.

The realms as a whole are extremely culturally and ethnically diverse, and if we were set in Chult, or in Kara-Tur, or Maztica, this would be different - then we'd be in fantasy equivalents of ancient african or east asian cultures.... but we're on the Sword Coast, which is a close approximation in terms of its culture, economy and technological level as being of late middle-age western Euope, and has always been established as such.

Btbrown0786 #814069 24/04/22 07:47 AM
veteran
veteran
Interesting ...
Thanks. smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Btbrown0786 #814070 24/04/22 08:40 AM
veteran
veteran
Piff kinda beat me to the info, but I agree that I wouldn't want to be locked into extremely boring strict middle-age unders... I'd also really like to be able to choose from a variety of different options for knickers for my characters... but if they won't give us that, I'd jsut prefer nothing so obviously modern-era that it becomes jarring.

On the side topic... I'd actually really love to have some adventure campaigns shine broader spotlights on some of the less commonly depicted regions of Toril... Faerun itself is just one continent of several, that make up the material plane.

Btbrown0786 #814084 24/04/22 12:20 PM
old hand
old hand
This setting is vaguely medieval with occasional spots of lower/higher technological and cultural development. Still, contemporary underwear in the Realms feels anachronistic.

Ragitsu #814091 24/04/22 05:21 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
This setting is vaguely medieval with occasional spots of lower/higher technological and cultural development. Still, contemporary underwear in the Realms feels anachronistic.

It does a bit but I recall a fresco from the Villa Romana Del Casale that shows females in (sort of) "Bra" and "undies" playing sport. So maybe the Sword Coast guild of under ware and ancillary appendages (presumably it exists) had similar thoughts. Wonder why it didn't catch on.... As for a nude mod, not my highest priority for the game but might install one in the future to add a bit more edge and interest.

Btbrown0786 #814144 25/04/22 06:20 PM
T
Banned
Banned
T
I believe nudity is natural... Example CONAN the Barbarian see the old movies mostly violence yes, but a bit nudity. In Dnd there is Barbarian class often half naked warrior (if woman with bra covering of course). However nudity and sex exists in DnD world to some degree.

Well and if we talk about one of the oldest profession in the world Prostitution in the world. For each country of course with their own laws nowadays:
In my land Finland prostitution is legal, but example CANNABIS (Weed) is not legal or decriminalized in my country. Well and TINDER could be renamed to fuck date, which that I did not mean necessay as negative thing, but rather a fact what it is mostly used for with some minor exceptions.

Oh there existed nudity to KINGDOM COME in medieval times in some places. Pre medieval times aka Roman empire they were know for orgies and prostitution and swinger parties to KINGDOM COME. Well and slaves... that had no say with whom they had sex if master (man or woman master).

Now I am not any pro slavery and Roman culture built example acveducts. Roman culture was not evil in my eyes though a bit cruel and it was typical with slavery during that time regardless if you are Roman or Barbarian.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 25/04/22 06:40 PM.
Btbrown0786 #814258 27/04/22 07:56 AM
old hand
old hand
That nudity is natural is not that important in this context. Real world primitive tribal people (a la Conan style) usually don't go naked, although some do/did. They often show a naked torso and even more often naked legs and often go barefoot. Because they usually arrange their clothing according to the climate and it's needs. So that the "naked savage" (usually a loincloth or something similar is worn) seems to be the much more intelligent person than the "civilised people" who often stick to their culturally/religiously imposed full body clothing even in hot climates.

The world of Conan is oriented more to antiquity of the Iron Age, back to the Late Bronze Age, although their are also medieval influences. Conan wears what is needed. He appears just in a loincloth or wears full clothing in the cold. He uses armor and shields if necessary or available and often a helmet saved his life. Sometimes he fights totally unarmored. I bet that Howard based Conan partly on the classical barbarians and partly of the NA natives.

I find the Sword Coast late medieval setting utterly boring, for example the usual clothes or leather armor. Larian got that stuff right visually, it's just that I don't like the style of the stuff. I prefer people who show some skin, like in an ancient setting with less pants and boots, but it is as it is. If I play as Barbarian, I will use a "loincloth only" approach (currently made possible by the Basket of Equipment mod, f.e. with a Barbarian armor without pants and several kilt-like attires).

I usually install Nude mods but my char or the NPCs never go naked in my games, so such a mod is very low on my priority list. I would much prefer a mod which made different hairy and hairless skin variants available, as I don't want to play as halfelf or human with hairy torso.

Btbrown0786 #814261 27/04/22 08:35 AM
old hand
old hand
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Btbrown0786 #814262 27/04/22 09:03 AM
addict
addict
If medieval realism is the objective, then by all means let's have unshaven legs, armpits and genital areas too.

Ikke #814264 27/04/22 09:07 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ikke
If medieval realism is the objective, then by all means let's have unshaven legs, armpits and genital areas too.

Realism is a spice, my friend: use as much as is needed, but don't be surprised if a dish (campaign) primarily composed of realism elicits revulsion.

Btbrown0786 #814265 27/04/22 09:23 AM
old hand
old hand
Very nice, however a bit too curvaceous for me. smile

BTW, some mail attachments sewn onto the cloth and it's the perfect armor. wink

geala #814267 27/04/22 09:54 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by geala
Very nice, however a bit too curvaceous for me. smile

BTW, some mail attachments sewn onto the cloth and it's the perfect armor. wink

I like curves. Uh...that aside, there is some basis in reality for the character's figure: nobles during "that time" would likely be fuller/heavier than the common folk. Plus, the studying required to become a mage leaves little time for physical exertions. You could argue that her activist nature would have put her at odds with the typical lifestyle of her aristocratic contemporaries, but I still don't picture the lady as particularly slim.

Btbrown0786 #814272 27/04/22 10:20 AM
old hand
old hand
I'm absolutely ok with your picture, I like it (is it Daz studio or a similar program?). All is personal taste and every taste is valid. I prefer skinny, more androgynous types, a bit boyish/tough women and more feminine men and would make my "actors" alike.

If we look at the preferred type of body throught the times, it changes, as you said. In the European late medieval period, women should have small breasts and a relatively lean body, if we look a century and more later, they should be very"voluptuos". That tells not much about personal affectations which existed surely in every era independent from official rulesets. I think your lady would have attracted a great lot of people through the times. smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard