Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 90 of 115 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 114 115
veteran
veteran
It have ...
But it would require starting yet another new topic about this ... it would also be needed for Moderators to not merge it with this megathreat (wich should not be a problem lately) since then the poll would be quickly loss in middle of it. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I wonder why ...
There is not much difference in combat between 4 and 6 members ...

Except you come to your turn more often, and it takes less rounds to finish the batte ... but beyond that? O_o
The same "logic" can be applied to arguing for 2 members instead of 4.

There is not much difference in combat between 2 and 4 members ...

Except you come to your turn more often, and it takes less rounds to finish the batte ... but beyond that? O_o

A
addict
addict
A
there isn't any reason to fight or argue with one another. different people have different opinions and needs. personally i want 6 party characters. i also want that larian stay true to dnd5e and not change the rule themselves. the reaction, the bonus action, the height advantage, monster statblock, etc. i also want that larian do away their dos formula (barrelmancy, elemental combo, abuses to win fights). just make a dnd game and respect the franchise. not pushing their dos formula.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alexlotr
I wonder why ...

I require elaboration ...
Since our math is obviously not working the same way ...

Lets say you have 4 enemies ... and 4 member group ...
So half (4/8) of turns is yours ...

Then lets say you have 4 enemies ... and 6 member group ...
So 6/10 turns is yours ... 6 > 4 ...

Then lets say you have 4 enemies ... and 2 member group ...
So third (2/6) of turns is yours ...

In what universe is both "more often" ? O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 21/04/22 06:29 PM.

old hand
old hand
I'm for 4 in the party. Look below, really wanna more?

Exploring the Dungeon
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

(main reason for 4 is for me, I don't want to deal with 6, no more Pathfinder etc. please. 6 is ok for RTC, 4 is good for TBC)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by geala
I'm for 4 in the party.
As far as i know (and i would dare to claim that i do) nobody ever asked that game should be reworked to disable 4 member party.

So ... you mind even that option?
And if so ... why?

veteran
veteran

Exploring the Dungeon

(main reason for 4 is for me, I don't want to deal with 6, no more Pathfinder etc. please. 6 is ok for RTC, 4 is good for TBC)

Ok. So. Here we go again.

If we go with Party of 4 max, I CANNOT have a party of 6. I am limited and I don't get what I want.

If we go with party of 6 max, I get what I want and so do you. Why? Because if you don't want 6 people in your party because it's just too much, you can tell whoever to shove it and go away. YOU can tell Lae'zel, "Sorry, we're full up."

So, everyone wins with party of 6. Based on poll, if we go with party of 4, a majority of people don't win with party of 4 because a majority of people want party of 6.

It's no different from those who want to solo the entire game. It's built for a party, but they choose to run around by themselves because they can and like the challenge.

All we want is the OPTION built by Larian, not mods because many of us hate them, to play as a party of 6. Then give us difficulty settings, as promised, so if we think party of 6 is too easy, we can up the difficulty. Everyone wins. Everyone is happy.

Party of 4. Not everyone is happy.

veteran
Online Sad
veteran

Exploring the Dungeon

Okay, so keep your party at four. Why deny me my party of six?

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by GM4Him

Exploring the Dungeon

If we go with Party of 4 max, I CANNOT have a party of 6. I am limited and I don't get what I want.

If we go with party of 6 max, I get what I want and so do you. Why? Because if you don't want 6 people in your party because it's just too much, you can tell whoever to shove it and go away. YOU can tell Lae'zel, "Sorry, we're full up."

So, everyone wins with party of 6. Based on poll, if we go with party of 4, a majority of people don't win with party of 4 because a majority of people want party of 6.

It's no different from those who want to solo the entire game. It's built for a party, but they choose to run around by themselves because they can and like the challenge.

All we want is the OPTION built by Larian, not mods because many of us hate them, to play as a party of 6. Then give us difficulty settings, as promised, so if we think party of 6 is too easy, we can up the difficulty. Everyone wins. Everyone is happy.

+1
Its really just as simple as this. Not sure why Larian wants to push their agenda on restricting with 4.

veteran
veteran
Im quite honestly not sure why do you 3 quoted whole post. O_o

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I wonder why ...

I require elaboration ...
Since our math is obviously not working the same way ...

Lets say you have 4 enemies ... and 4 member group ...
So half (4/8) of turns is yours ...

Then lets say you have 4 enemies ... and 6 member group ...
So 6/10 turns is yours ... 6 > 4 ...

Then lets say you have 4 enemies ... and 2 member group ...
So third (2/6) of turns is yours ...

In what universe is both "more often" ? O_o

Who said both? I compare 2 different cases - arguing for 4 vs 6 and agruing for 2 vs 4. And the arguments in those cases can be the same.

4 has no objective advantages over 3, 5, 6 or 2. It's just a limit for the sake of a limit. They should allow us to change it. And we're not asking for 200 party memebers.

6 was the max group size in BG 1-2 so...

veteran
veteran
Who said both?
You did:

Except you come to your turn more often, and it takes less rounds to finish the batte ...
Except you come to your turn more often, and it takes less rounds to finish the batte ...

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Who said both?
You did:

Wrong. I compare 2 different cases - arguing for 4 vs 6 and agruing for 2 vs 4. And the arguments in those cases can be the same.

4 has no objective advantages over 3, 5, 6 or 2. It's just a limit for the sake of a limit. They should allow us to change it. And we're not asking for 200 party memebers.

6 was the max group size in BG 1-2 so...

veteran
veteran
And the arguments in those cases can be the same.
And i ask: HOW?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Archaven
Originally Posted by GM4Him

Exploring the Dungeon

+1
Its really just as simple as this. Not sure why Larian wants to push their agenda on restricting with 4.
Probaly because of mutiplayer and or split screen? Maybe even due to the horribal chain control system they use for consoles... i guess we will never know, because Sven doesn't have the courage to just say it?>

Btw what game is in the screenshot?:)

Last edited by Lastman; 26/04/22 08:33 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lastman
Probaly because of mutiplayer and or split screen? Maybe even due to the horribal chain control system they use for consoles...
Actualy theese problems GM4Him had allready covered in his past suggestions that are somewhere in this mess, so maybe you missed those. laugh

Both multiplayer and split screen problems are tied only to amount of PC players ...
So IF (and i know its a big if) Larian would allow us 6 members, party with limitation of 4 player max ...

There would be no problem at all. smile

old hand
old hand
I'm for 4 in the party.
As far as i know (and i would dare to claim that i do) nobody ever asked that game should be reworked to disable 4 member party.

So ... you mind even that option?
And if so ... why?

That's easy. A party of 6 would make rework of the encounters necessary, despite what friends of the party of 6 say. I'm not sure a proper balance for the party of 4 play would result, I doubt it. You cannot simply take DnD rules and experience because the monsters and combat rules are changed in BG3, what many mourn about. So, although I'm usually always for more options and variety, here I prefer to be very egoistic and say, it's good as it is.

BTW why a party of only 6? Because it is in the DnD rules? Why not a party of 8 or 10, for the lovers of variety. Many more interesting characters and classes to enjoy. It's just a little bit of adjustment, seemingly.

Last edited by geala; 27/04/22 10:34 AM.
veteran
veteran
A party of 6 would make rework of the encounters necessary, despite what friends of the party of 6 say.
Even when "friends of the party of 6" (minus GM4Him ... he is lobing for 5e stats strongly in many topics) litteraly said that they dont want any encoutners rework?

I mean that is exactly the result you get if you are using the mod ...
Your amount of party members is incerased by 2 ... NOTHING else changes ... sure, it screws many things in game, especialy around ballance ... and that is EXACTLY and PRECISELY the reason "friends of the party of 6" suggested that there should be warning sign next to this option clearly stating:
"WARNING: This game was created and ballanced for party of 4 ... if you pick this option, you will not have that kind of experience we planned for you ... but feel free to, if you wish it anyway."

So no rework of the encounters (or any other rule in fact) is necessary. wink

BTW why a party of only 6? Because it is in the DnD rules?
I dont think it is rules ...
Its more like *the* number people are used to, doubt there is any deeper reason. laugh

Also there is that small and insignificant fact that Swen himself claimed that they *know* that most people *will* require party of 6, since they are used to that from previous BG games (and many others) so they shall create whole UI with this in mind and friendly to any 6member party mod ...
And some us simply come to conclusion that since all the mod do is change single value from 4 to 6 ... it would be really nice gesture from Larian if they would include its function to game itself. smile

Why not a party of 8 or 10
Using the mod, we can create party of 8 top ... since there is no more characters right now and once you started with 4 custom characters, you cant recruit anyone else for some reason. laugh

I tryed it once ... it was ... well, not bad, but also not exactly good ... combat was soooooo fucking trivial, so many enemies didnt even get a change to attack me i was able to loot half of the map and still was not encumbered, i had so many spellslots so i could wipe out half of the map and still have some reserves. laugh
All said figuratively ofc ...
Anyway it was not exactly fun for me ... but if someone wants it, why not ... the mod is right there. laugh

veteran
veteran
That's easy. A party of 6 would make rework of the encounters necessary, despite what friends of the party of 6 say.
No, a rework of encounters isn't necessary.

As @Rag says above, the absolute minimum Larian could do is simply allow an OPTIONAL max party size of 6 without making ANY additional changes. For people who play with a party of 4, the game is exactly the same. For people who play with a party of 6, either their game is easier or they increase the game difficulty (BG3 will almost certainly include difficulty options) to compensate.

If Larian wants to do slightly more work, a relatively easy balancing is to adjust exp gain for differently-sized parties. A party of 6 gains less exp - and thus levels up more slowly - than a party of 4, which would work to balance combats. E.g., 4 level-3 characters vs 6 level-2 characters are roughly similar in power.

old hand
old hand
Without a rework of the encounters the highest difficulty would be a joke for the party of 6 players. They (or some) would accuse Larian to be a liar about the proposed masochistic "Way of the uber Damned", being a cakewalk in the game. Or not?

If the only change to the game were that a party of 6 could be used, why not.

It could also lead to some interesting forum talk later, about the option, it's users, about self restriction and why you can change it/cannot change it during playthroughs for example. grin

Page 90 of 115 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 114 115

Link Copied to Clipboard