Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hello,

I've read and tried the suggestions I've seen in previous posts for this issue, but so far, nothing works. I have validated my Steam files, changed my windows 11 settings to be Speakers with out Surround, updated my SoundBlasterX AE-5 driver and still,while other sounds, work, my character and other characters have no voice. When using headphones, everything is as it should be.

Please advise if this is known bug and will be dealt with later, or, if there is something else I can try.

Thank you!

veteran
veteran
Sounds like you have some step of the way from game to output that virtualizes surround sound and fails to integrate the center channel.

Try following this very beautifully drawn flowchart and make sure your speakers is set to off in that tab.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If that doesn't work, try to consider if you have any apps or similar that has virtual surround features, such as some logitech 5.1 virtual headsets that maybe is interfering with your speakers and turn those off.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Thank you!! I had checked that window previously, but didn't realize at the time that I had several devices that were unplugged, but still enabled. I disabled all but my active connection and now Dialog works as expected!

veteran
veteran
Great! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard