Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by geala
"Shove" should stay as bonus action but it's effect should be toned down even more, ...

No, it shouldn't.
Pushing someone (in holes or for other reasons) should not be as common as basic attacks in a RPG. This game is supposed to be a serious one.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 29/04/22 01:24 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
"Shove" should stay as bonus action but it's effect should be toned down even more, ...

No, it shouldn't.
Pushing someone (in holes or for other reasons) should not be as common as basic attacks in a RPG. This game is supposed to be a serious one.

Agreed. Shove is supposed to provide a tactical advantage in battle, not be an OP insta-kill option.

They really need to fix Shove. They need to add Shove's most important feature - the ability to knock prone so other party members might get advantage on melee, or when you reach level 5 and your fighters and barbarians get 2 Attacks, they can shove prone as 1 action and get advantage on their second attack.

Shoving 5 feet/1 meter is only an option in 5e that allows someone like a fighter to shove an enemy away from an ally like a wizard so said wizard can retreat 30 feet and still cast a spell without an attack of opportunity being done on them.

But, because Shove is a Bonus, knock prone would be OP at level 5. Shove prone and gain 2 Attacks with advantage? Yeah. OP. So it needs to be an Action. It also needs to have distance reduced so players aren't getting tossed into lava from 30 feet away from the edge.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
I like traditional, so I don't exploit (or even use shove). I don't throw chickens.

I focus on melee, split party tactics, ambush zones for ranged attacks, ect.

Basically, anything to NOT remind me of the extreme deviations to the RAW, such as the ranged combat NERF (all caps cuz nerf is an understatement).

"We take what we want and leave the rest...just like your salad bar"

~~Big Trouble in Little China

Last edited by Van'tal; 01/05/22 05:51 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Van'tal
Basically, anything to NOT remind me of the extreme deviations to the RAW, such as the ranged combat NERF (all caps cuz nerf is an understatement).

I agree, and I hope Larian fixes ranged attack power. I mentioned Longbow range as an example of the disorganized simplification of combat in BG3.

M
OP Offline
M
I think Larian is going to have more problems with this once Rogue and Paladin are added to the game. The fine balance of actions, bonus actions, different weapon types, class features, and feats in 5E makes all the classes interesting and balanced during combat (for the most part). The poor implementation of these mechanics, and the simplified design choices about them, remove a lot of the interesting gameplay from D&D and are going to cause the final game to be shallow and boring.

addict
addict

No, it shouldn't.

Boo disagrees.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Neither, i want to mod the entire 5-ed out of the game, maybe someone can start working on that right now in early access? How hard would it be

addict
addict
Originally Posted by virion

No, it shouldn't.

Boo disagrees.
I dunno… Going for the eyes feels like a full action.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard