Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
mk1 #814988 15/05/22 02:22 AM
veteran
veteran
There's nothing to indicate that she can't, mk1, other than your own perspective;

Even within the human species, different people have differing muscle density and different upper capacity for how much stress they can consciously put their muscles under. Slender people can be functionally much stronger than people who look beefier, and it happens all the time.

For example... I'm 138cm tall, very petite... but I'm also fit and active, and stronger than I look; I can draw a 70cm draw-length long bow just fine, even with increased draw weight (albiet with a non-standard draw stance; the issue is the length of my arms, not the strength or ability to draw it), and I'm definitely slighter than that elf character.... who, is, by the way, an elf (or was identified as a wood elf in the original post); they are not humans and in their traditional lore are always stronger than their slender and lithe look suggests.

That said...

I'll be the first to wave a banner about places where their character models leave, shall we say, a LOT to be desired...

Such as for Halflings

M
mk1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hi Niara, I do not doubt that you can draw your longbow.
And being not tall myself I am aware of the fact that smaller poeple are often underestimated.

For the question to have the right anatomic shape for a matter it is not important, if the NPC model should be an elf or human.
It is just a fact that if this model of an NPC was a person in real life, she would have existing back muscels if she was drawing her long bow for training.
I can see, if someone is an archer IRL.
On this model are not any signs for it.
It is - just fancy fantasy.

What I meant is drawing a longbow pretty often and training with it would be essential - as IRL - to use it efficently.
She is no archer. Therefore she cannot be an elf.
smile

Last edited by mk1; 15/05/22 12:48 PM. Reason: added to title: "(and shape)"
veteran
veteran
To be fair, elves are magic. Any physical strength they have can be explained as party due to magic, rather than due to muscles.

That said, we should have the option of making muscle-y elf ladies, and I don't necessarily disagree that the "standard" female elf should be more muscular/taller.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard