Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
GM4Him #812969 05/04/22 12:46 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Its a wonderful idea, BG vanilla had it.

If they did consider it, it would be best sooner than latter to take advantage of it for plot lines.

GM4Him #813053 06/04/22 03:04 AM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I honestly go back and forth about what I most want in this game, and Day/Night is at the 1st or 2nd place slots. It's hard to decide.

1. Option for actual, balanced 5e gameplay
2. Day/Night
3. Party of 6
4. Better camping and long rest mechanics

But not necessarily in that order.

Night play would be so fun and would offer a truly fun ambience. I imagine the surface with Underdark lighting, sneaking up on enemies with advantage as a rogue or ranger, etc. Sigh. It would be so awesome.

As much as I push for more 5e, I actually think it's number 3. I think Day/Night is 1, Party of 6 is 2, 5e balanced gameplay is a close 3, and then Better camping and rest mechanics.

2 and 3, though, go hand in hand in my opinion. The game could be balanced with minimal work with party of 6 and 5e stats and rules.

GM4Him #813231 08/04/22 04:26 PM
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
it would be nice to see a day / night cycle. if it's getting implemented i hope they timed it right. day / night dont last too short or too long. also need to a wait time option (if didnt have one yet. can't recall if it does as i completed first EA long time ago). +1 for 6 party characters.

GM4Him #814963 14/05/22 12:39 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Day&Night. Most importantly night. Gimme.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
virion #814997 15/05/22 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by virion
Day&Night. Most importantly night. Gimme.

Gimme Gimmme your maps after midnight cheer cheer

Last edited by SerraSerra; 16/05/22 01:38 PM.
GM4Him #815081 16/05/22 08:59 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
For anyone to young to know it: /https://youtu.be/XEjLoHdbVeE?t=70/

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
GM4Him #815510 Yesterday at 09:14 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I want passage of time!!
(Is this the right megathread to express that sentiment?)

Just think of how great it would be to be able to slowly grow a beard! And there are some other advantages too ... like things making sense.

Ikke #815534 Yesterday at 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Ikke
(Is this the right megathread to express that sentiment?)

Yes, this is the right thread for expressing sentiments about day and night to the great unresponsive void.

"Anarchist Evening at the Magic Theatre, For Madmen Only, Price of Admission Your Mind"
GM4Him #815540 Yesterday at 09:40 PM
I’ve convinced myself that Larian are going to make a day/night cycle. Time for some wild speculation.

The world design means every event is player-facing and nothing ever changes without player input. Some sort of time system is the obvious answer to bring life into BG3.

There are many ways to simulate time. Day/night would certainly justify putting this much work into the lighting engine.

DoS2 didn’t have day/night, so the original plan for BG3 may not have included it either. If it was added to the plan due to incessant clamor, it might be the kind of thing that doubled the length of EA.

If we know anything about Larian, is that they’re secretive and detail oriented. (They claim to read every forum post, but if they do it’s done in secret). They can’t possibly have missed that every clock is stuck on 4pm. And if they were planning to do anything about that, they certainly wouldn’t leak it before it’s ready.

Lastly, not doing it would be a huge missed opportunity. This game could sell ten million copies if done right and Larian know it. It’s a follow up to a legend made by a studio coming off of a smash hit. Expectations are high and Swen Vincke has repeatedly said Larian will do everything in its power to do the game justice.

Like every good charlatan, I will now make predictions which I will ignore should they fail, but will otherwise be proof of my genuis.

BG3 comes out Q4 2023 with a full day/night cycle.

The resting system stays fundamentally unchanged aside from QoL issues. Higher difficulty requires more food to rest. (Not what I hope, but what I have forseen).

By the time BG3’s definitive edition comes out, the game will have a million rule options, including full 5e.

May the hype be undying. Please, Larian. Don’t crush my dreams.

TRIBE!
GM4Him #815542 Yesterday at 09:53 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Apparently implementing it requires deep changes in their engine. And since BG3 is running on upgraded DOS2 engine one can only pray to god Larian got enought money from EA sales to start working on the said changes. We will never know until release. The only thing we know is the above( confirmed by modders, composer here on the forum + Sven who said pre-BG3 EA release the game won't have a day/night cycle).

"Lastly, not doing it would be a huge missed opportunity. This game could sell ten million copies if done right and Larian know it." It already sold millions copies and it's like...not even done. Like at all. 70% of the game are missing lol.
So for me that little fact is the light at the end of the tunnel.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard