Print Thread
#815018 15/05/22 03:27 PM
H
H8redd Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Here's my point; How can a character having, say, 17 strenght and 16 constitution look like a toothpick? This isn't marvel superheroes (Eg Loki having super strenght while having a reasonably small frame), When we look at Halsin, the guy seems to have at least 17 strenght and 16 constituion. Big guy, his body size surely doesn't reflect his character attributes ( not sure what they really are)

My suggestion, Make the body type reflect character physical attributes. Using some kind of ratio between strenght and constitution, it would make the whole thing a little bit more realistic

Having a High dexterity character with low strenght and constitution: Small frame body
Low dext high constitution low strenght: Overweight body type with a fat belly.

This would make more sense and be, IMO, more immersive.

If this trend already have been posted, I apologize, pls let me know and I will refer to the original post.

Last edited by H8redd; 15/05/22 03:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
Body types as a choice: Yes, many folks would like this, if an actual proper character creator is not on the cards.

Body types as forcibly tied to character stats: All-the-hells no, absolutely 100% not, under any circumstance. This is the exact opposite of everything that is generally considered important in the process of making a character that is yours and a character that you want.

Last edited by Niara; 15/05/22 04:17 PM.
H
H8redd Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
And in turn, a character that has 8 strenght and looks like Dwayne Johnson doesn't make sense at all. I am just asking for a bit of realism here. Like an option, you choose it or not, I am not someone who likes to impose something on people just because it sounds good or looks good, I am just saying that could be a could option to have, if you don't like that, you can just skip it, no harm done here

old hand
old hand
Yeah fun fact: Character with 8 strength looks like Wyll while every Tiefling kid has 10 strength...

veteran
veteran
As an option, sure - though it's a lot of work to have a dynamically changing character body based on variable in-game statistics (the original Fable did this, and it ultimately turned out to be not at all worth the effort it took, and made it harder too identify with your unique character, not easier).

My issue was that you did not pitch your suggestion as an option, but rather as a thing to enforce; you said "Make this thing be a thing". That's not a suggestion for an option, and that's the bit I'm against.

Different entities express strength and dexterity in different ways - crating a single universal 'rule' for how these things are depicted is destructive, not realistic.

I'm very much in favour of us having, at the barest minimum, three to five body types to choose from for each race... but only in so far as a proper, modern day character creator is not an option (it's currently looking like it's not, considering how 'proud' Larian have been about their incredibly lack-lustre, underwhelming and overall archaic character creation system that is as incredibly bland and limited as it is)

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard