Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
Here is the screenshot. Whether I disable cloud sync globally or for the game, DOS2 Definitive Edition still cloud syncs every time I exit the game. Only this game has this problem, and no other GOG game does. Is this an issue with the game or with GOG Galaxy? Here is a video capture of what happened from beginning to end to show that I'm not seeing things.

I'm using GOG Galaxy 2.0.45.61 beta (the latest), and also the latest version of DOS2DE. As I said, I've had no cloud sync issue with other GOG games. As soon as I installed DOS2DE a few days ago I got this problem. I googled, and found no one with this problem. I've posted this query on Reddit and GOG forums (here and here), and no one could help. As I said, this only happens for DOS2DE, so I hope the people here could help.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled GOG Galaxy, and uninstalled and reinstalled DOS2DE. All to no avail.

I've submitted a ticket to GOG support too, but they haven't replied with any fix.

The saved game files are 5 megabytes each for this game, and my upload speed is only 5 megabits per second = 0.675 megabytes per second. So it takes over A MINUTE to sync only 10 saved games. That's the main reason I want cloud sync disabled. I do want to use cloud sync. But I usually do it when I've finished the game, so I can cloud sync all saves at once.

Of course, I can run the game without using GOG Galaxy. But I need the features in GOG Galaxy for organizing my games.

G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
A GOG poster replied to me here that this problem is due to the using of custom executable file in GOG Galaxy's Manage Installation --> Configure. I did use a custom executable, and as soon as I switched back to the default executable, the cloud sync problem went away. Hopefully GOG will fix this in the next beta release of GOG Galaxy.

apprentice
apprentice
I usually don't have nay problems with GOG games either, but I bought my copy of DOS2 DE from them and didn't have a good time. it was slow, choppy and dithered, as if there was a frame rate issue or something {I'm not that knowledgeable with computers as I was in the beginning WIN98SE }. we recently bought the Nintendo Switch and the other day, I got a notification that they were offering it......so I got a copy from them. sounds crazy I know, but it looks good next to Diablo 2 enhanced edition smile it runs as smooth as silk and I've made it much farther than I did with the GOG copy. it has to have something to do with the cloud thing....first time I've ever done anything associated to it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard