Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
So I've got the Sussurus flower (or whatever it's called) and trying to craft a weapon from it. I should be able to use it to upgrade a greatsword, sickle or dagger if my understanding is correct.

If I take the flower and a non-magical greatsword to the workbench in the Arcane Tower (by the entrance), it will let me add the flower OR the flower into the 'Combine' dialog box, specifically into the square in the top right. But I cannot get the workbench to accept TWO items of ANY kind. So I can combine a single item with itself, which obviously doesn't do me any good.

What am I doing wrong here? Some questions:

1) Are all crafting stations created equal, i.e., can all of them create the same items?
2) Can I only queue up items from a valid recipe into the Combine box?
3) For the sussurus flower to upgrade an item, do I have to start with a magical or mundane item, or does it matter?

I know this is still Early Access, but this has to be the most unintuitive crafting system I've seen in a long time.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
So far i have found none usage of crafting stations ...
Sussur bark is used in forge tho. wink

One (the only? not sure honestly) is for example in cellar of blacksmith house, in blighted willage. wink

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok thanks, I'll head back up into the blinding light and see if I can forge that +5 Vorpal Blade I've always wanted LOL.

Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
Now I've got another problem...as soon as I head up to the surface the flower rots away. Odd thing is, it even happens in the queen spider chamber where it's 1) underground and 2) pretty dark. Any hints on how to get the thing to the blacksmith's forge in the Blighted Village?

addict
addict
Without giving everything away,
the blueprints found in that forge mention the Sussur tree, but not its flower.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
Ugh, thanks. Where can I buy a chainsaw in the Underdark? Do I need to summon Ash from Evil Dead?

addict
addict
There’s only one spot on one sussur tree that has what you need (no lumberjack needed). When you find that one tree, your map will be updated with a quest marker. Then you need to find the one interactable spot. Fair warning: that spot is defended.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Jhelzei
Ugh, thanks. Where can I buy a chainsaw in the Underdark? Do I need to summon Ash from Evil Dead?

Yes, if you combine the S-Mart Boom stick with a Ham Sandwich it will summon Bruce Campbell.

Blackheifer

Link Copied to Clipboard