Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
kanisatha #815390 21/05/22 02:38 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Maybe the number of people who bought the game EA were more than Larian expected to buy the game in total, and since the EA buyers are already locked in and cannot get a refund Larian doesn't really care anymore how things turn out going into full release.
Not all of us are locked in. Those who bought the game on GOG can get a refund during the entirety of EA + first month after full release.

I plan to request a refund once the game is released. I already understand that it won't be to my taste, but wife wants to try it yet refuses to play EA version. Oh well.

dbarron #815449 22/05/22 09:16 PM
veteran
veteran
I don't really plan to "refund" the game to begin with.
In fact, I wouldn't want to do it even if I was offered the option now, almost two years of EA later.
With all its flaws, I'm still rather confident that BG3 will AT WORST be a game I will enjoy spend time over with a first playthrough.

Which may sound like a big endorsement at first glance, but in reality I'm meaning what I'm conceding here mostly as "certification of acceptability". Because while I don't particularly doubt BG3 will be a somewhat competent and reasonably enjoyable CRPG, at the same time I kinda gave up on any hope to see it turn into the modern classic I wanted it to be at first.

For several reasons, frankly, starting with Larian's stubbornness with sticking with the worst control scheme ever used in a traditional CRPG, and moving to a good half dozen of other talking point I already discussed at nauseam for the past two years.

All this aside, I have to admit I'm strongly under the impression this final rush of development will coincide with a lot of unintended cuts over the original plans.
The rate of improvement over the almost-two-years of EA so far has been concerningly slow despise the EA itself being far longer than anyone expected at first.
Even assuming "a lot was done behind the curtain that never came to our fruition", it's hard to believe that what they have is considerably different than what they are offering to us to test... Aside for all the content past Act 1, obviously.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
dbarron #815575 25/05/22 06:45 PM
old hand
old hand
Looks like a new Panel from Hell is around the corner.

https://old.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/uxn3k8/panel_from_hell_teaser/

Seems to be teasing Bard or telling us it's NOT Bard.

dbarron #815577 25/05/22 07:00 PM
addict
addict
Yay!

Maybe a new reaction system? Double yay!

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Looks like a new Panel from Hell is around the corner.

https://old.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/uxn3k8/panel_from_hell_teaser/

Seems to be teasing Bard or telling us it's NOT Bard.
celebrate celebrate celebrate

dbarron #815579 25/05/22 08:10 PM
veteran
veteran
Im affraid my low skill on english got me again ...
Can someone please point me towards that part based on what people expect Bard? O_o

I mean, i know usualy its just "i want it therefore i hope this will be it", but just i case i missed something. laugh
Thanks in advance. smile

//Edit:
BTW what is hijinks? Google translator dont know that word. O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 25/05/22 08:11 PM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Im affraid my low skill on english got me again ...
Can someone please point me towards that part based on what people expect Bard? O_o

I mean, i know usualy its just "i want it therefore i hope this will be it", but just i case i missed something. laugh
Thanks in advance. smile

//Edit:
BTW what is hijinks? Google translator dont know that word. O_o
Hijinks are pranks, shenanigans, tomfoolery, getting into and out of trouble. Those things are associated with the bard.

The tweet also mentions laughter in the scrum, which is probably a reference to Tasha’s Hideous Laughter, and teasing and taunting, which probably points to Vicious Mockery. Those are two iconic spell/cantrip that the bard can cast.

Edit: by the way, that tweet only has 30 likes! Are PFH announcements always this subdued?

Last edited by Flooter; 25/05/22 09:21 PM.

Flooter #815583 25/05/22 09:44 PM
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Flooter
Yay!

Maybe a new reaction system? Double yay!
Hard to conceive of Bards without a heavy rework of either the current reaction system or the abilities that make use of reactions. This would make the next panel of hell the most interesting one yet.

dbarron #815585 25/05/22 09:46 PM
veteran
veteran
I see, thanks. smile

And i would not call this announcement ... this is much closer to some kind of pre-announcement tease. laugh
Also 40 likes in less than 3 hours seems fine to me. O_o

dbarron #815586 25/05/22 09:50 PM
Well, it's either rugby (scrum) being introduced into Faerun, or fun crazy shit - so Bards I should think. Hope there's plently of pratting around and seduction to
be had! Sounds good!

Last edited by Umbra; 25/05/22 09:51 PM.
Flooter #815601 26/05/22 12:10 PM
veteran
veteran
Edit: by the way, that tweet only has 30 likes! Are PFH announcements always this subdued?
It's not an announcement from the proper Larian/BG3 twitter account, but a small tease posted by a single developer from his personal one.

In terms of public reach is basically the difference between, say, "Elon Musk said X on Twitter" and "One friend of mine that works at Tesla said he heard a rumor".

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
They better finally include level 5, this is getting silly now (with the sheer amount of experience we can get before even entering the underdark proper). Testing level 3 spells and multi-attack would be a useful thing to try out as well.

Last edited by Tahapenes; 26/05/22 05:36 PM.
Tahapenes #815616 26/05/22 05:58 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tahapenes
They better finally include level 5, this is getting silly now (with the sheer amount of experience we can get before even entering the underdark proper). Testing level 3 spells and multi-attack would be a useful thing to try out as well.
I wish, especially because as pointed out several times in the past classes stop blending together and feeling "same-y" precisely past that threshold, but I'm not optimist about it.

dbarron #815618 26/05/22 06:27 PM
veteran
veteran
Or multiclass ...
Or custom party ...
Or ability scores rolling ...

All those things would make another participation in EA much more appealing, speaking for myself.

Quite honestly, even if they would not feel confident enough about level 5 ... even forced multiclassing (like you can reach level 6, but you can "FOR NOW" invest only levels 1-4 to each class) would be interesting to me.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 26/05/22 06:30 PM.

dbarron #815620 26/05/22 06:31 PM
veteran
veteran
Multiclassing with a cap level at four wouldn't really do much, would it?

dbarron #815624 26/05/22 06:40 PM
veteran
veteran
Depends ...

Some classes seems appealing even on lower levels ...
For example Fighter will give you Action Surge, Druid give you Wildshape, Rogue gives you Cunning action (and should give you Expertise right on 1), Sorcered provides Sorcery points (and Wild Magic feature?) on level 2 ...
Those things could change tides in many tedious battles. laugh

But the main point (at least for myself) is still testing ...
Larian have ugly habbit of creating incredibly chaotic UI in their "first attempts" ... so i would like to see multiclassing UI rather sooner than later. smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 26/05/22 06:42 PM.

dbarron #815630 26/05/22 07:16 PM
D
addict
addict
D
Level 5 is important because it allows them to test:

1. extra attack for weapon using classes
2. level 3 spells for magic type classes

It is by far the largest spike in power that you will obtain in your characters career.

In most cases you are nerfing your character if you multiclass before you reach level 5. You will *eventually* hit that power threshold, but you delay it by however many levels your multiclass dip lasts. This is often a bad idea.

From Larian's perspective, if they actually want to test the balance of their encounters then they NEED to allow us to reach class level 5 (not character level 5). Anything else is just more faffing about.

Tuco #815634 26/05/22 07:28 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco
It's not an announcement from the proper Larian/BG3 twitter account, but a small tease posted by a single developer from his personal one.

In terms of public reach is basically the difference between, say, "Elon Musk said X on Twitter" and "One friend of mine that works at Tesla said he heard a rumor".
I see what you mean. Still, this is coming from Larian’s Director of Publishing (whatever that is). I think it’s a little weird that the first public word of the next patch for a game that’s sold millions of copies still only has 56 likes and 8 comments (two of which are Ragnarok laugh )

Edit: I think Larian are keeping level 5 in their back pocket to be the main feature in an upcoming patch. They may be planning for the worst, like a four year EA, and are hoping they don’t run out of bones to throw the players.

Last edited by Flooter; 26/05/22 07:32 PM.

Flooter #815666 27/05/22 08:05 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Tuco

I see what you mean. Still, this is coming from Larian’s Director of Publishing (whatever that is). I think it’s a little weird that the first public word of the next patch for a game that’s sold millions of copies still only has 56 likes and 8 comments (two of which are Ragnarok laugh )

Edit: I think Larian are keeping level 5 in their back pocket to be the main feature in an upcoming patch. They may be planning for the worst, like a four year EA, and are hoping they don’t run out of bones to throw the players.
If that 4th year means day /night and no toilet chain you son of a bitch, I'm in!

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
dbarron #815758 29/05/22 06:07 AM
veteran
veteran
I care more about getting new outfits and body sizes than other options right now. I'm tired of the same looks throughout the game, wearing the same armors, always having the same robes, looking somewhat scrawny as a barbarian.

Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard