Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
veteran
And now they'll tell us the two of us don't count. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I also like the cinematic dialogues. Again, replaying Icewind Dale, and I gotta say, dialogue is not as enjoyable when I have to read through a lot of it. I find myself not wanting to talk to a lot of characters just to avoid more reading. Sure, it's a trade off. I can imagine the voices as opposed to Larian voice acting every character, and they were able to more easily create dialogue branches since they didn't have to voice them all, but at the end of the day, having to read all the dialogue does wear on me more than having the cinematic dialogues in BG3.

Last edited by GM4Him; 30/05/22 03:09 PM.
old hand
old hand
Reding is four layme branez

veteran
veteran
I like reading, but I'm just saying I do prefer having voiced dialogues.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GM4Him
I like reading, but I'm just saying I do prefer having voiced dialogues.

We lose something when every void is filled; there is less room for the imagination to expand smile. Incidentally, turn of the millennium CRPGS were the best because visuals were clear enough to interpret yet indistinct enough to allow a human mind to fill in the gaps. IMO, "All photorealistic graphics, all the time." is a stifling design philosophy.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Yup. wink
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Me! I love the cinematic dialogue!
I am genuinely willing to believe Icelyn. Less so Rag as he has history of being contrarian, just for the sake of it.

That aside, I would really be interested to see data of how many players of average skips through cinematics. I wonder if it is something that Larian tracks during early access.

Originally Posted by GM4Him
but at the end of the day, having to read all the dialogue does wear on me more than having the cinematic dialogues in BG3.
Having to read is more demanding - watching or listening is a passive experience, while reading requires focus and engages imagination. I do find that reading engages me more but I can't binge games with a lot of reading in them. That's a tradeoff but the one I value. As long as I enjoy written material - if I don't then whenever it is voiced or animated doesn't really make a difference.

Last edited by Wormerine; 30/05/22 05:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Less so Rag as he has history of being contrarian, just for the sake of it.
Wich he keep declyning and nobody believes him, bcs every single other person selfishly (smugly?) believes that they know better his reasons than himself ...

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

I wonder ...
Maybe you will clear this mystery for me ... for the sake of what exactly you keep repeating that lie? smile

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 30/05/22 05:40 PM.

old hand
old hand
It is no lie.

veteran
veteran
Well, you of course have every right for your wrong opinion ...
Still i would like to know for the sake of what you keep to repeating it?

Bcs, and feel free to corect me ... this is the book example of "doing someting just for the sake of chaos". O_o
Funny that is exactly the thing you people keep acusing me for. laugh

veteran
veteran
I genuinely wonder if there are people who play BG3 for more then couple hours and don’t skip through cinematics.

I don't skip them. I enjoy the cinematics.

I can understand that some people skip them. What I find odd is that someone else has trouble understanding that other people enjoy them.

Regarding the chain system, I don't have a problem with it. It works fine as far as I can tell. When the characters are chained, they move together. When they're unchained, they move separately. Not sure what the problem is.

I've heard someone around here mention that they have trouble with basic movement, like jumping and accidentally leaping off the Nautiloid. I can't even imagine that or figure out how they're having that problem. It sounds like a complete lack of control that doesn't reflect any of my personal playthroughs or any of the play I've watched others go through.

veteran
veteran
It's that transition from chained to unchained and back that is the big issue. That and some of the possibly related pathfinding issues.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
Regarding the chain system, I don't have a problem with it. It works fine as far as I can tell. When the characters are chained, they move together. When they're unchained, they move separately. Not sure what the problem is.

Everything between "all" and "nothing", for a start. Like attempting to do something QUICKLY with just two or three characters.
Or anything that requires precise positioning.
Or setting up coordinate maneuvers and/or ambushes.
Or keeping up an ordinate formation.

Well, the list could go on, but would it matter? Tomorrow you'd be here again pretending you never got your answer and wondering for the nth time "what could be wrong with it".

Last edited by Tuco; 30/05/22 07:05 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco

Everything between "all" and "nothing", for a start. Like attempting to do something QUICKLY with just two or three characters.
Or anything that requires precise positioning.
Or setting up coordinate maneuvers and/or ambushes.
Or keeping up an ordinate formation.

Well, the list could go on, but would it matter? Tomorrow you'd be here again pretending you never got your answer and wondering for the nth time "what could be wrong with it".

1. Quickly? I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe I just take my time. You can only go as quick as you can click on things, I suppose.

2. Precise positioning? Unchain, then position as necessary. Why does that not work for you?

3. Maneuvers and ambushes? Can you not ambush? You have sneak options, vision cones provided and highlighted in red, no less. Every character can generally get a shot off before combat as long as you're paying attention to your positions.

4. Formations. I accept that there aren't any formations, but I've never found them all that necessary in this game so it doesn't bother me.

5. I suspect I've said "I think the system is okay" far less than you've repeated yourself about not liking it.

Originally Posted by Sozz
It's that transition from chained to unchained and back that is the big issue. That and some of the possibly related pathfinding issues.

I guess I've just gotten really good at chaining and unchaining.

There's the occasional pathfinding issue, but it's never that bad for me. In fact, it's gotten much better over the patches, and I suspect it will continue to improve.

veteran
veteran
I guess you're exceptional but that doesn't disprove the rule

veteran
veteran
I wonder ...
Maybe you will clear this mystery for me ... for the sake of what exactly you keep repeating that lie? smile
I just noticed you posting contrasting opinions on various occasions, whenever it was convenient in an argument. I can't be bothered to track down when the actual statements were, unless you sue me for deformation. wink

What I find odd is that someone else has trouble understanding that other people enjoy them.
Perhaps, I would just think that with how high the bar has been set for cinematics, that someone who likes cinematics in their games would be put off by what they are offered in BG3. Same with control system - yes, they fulfill basic fuction - you can awkwardly and imprecisely move and group your units, and camera mostly points at the character speaking. If they work for you, I am glad they are. However, I am willing to wager that as you don't see issues in chain system, you also aren't used to playing games in that genre. To me it's a bit like going back to auto-aim in original Doom, or systemshock1. We had better systems for that for over 20 years now. I am able to play BG3 just fine - it is just a more awkward and straight up worse experience then what I am used to.

Last edited by Wormerine; 30/05/22 07:24 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sozz
I guess you're exceptional but that doesn't disprove the rule

I don't accept your presumption that there is a rule to be disproven. I think most people are having an okay time playing the game and moving the characters.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Early Access is not a mistake for me. However I do not belong to those people that have played this game hundreds of hours.

On purpose I have break from gaming this for months now. Perhaps I play this again towards end of this year... I play this rarely. My brother has said he will buy it when released and play with me.

It is worth is if you can afford it and accept it as only Act 1 content and very early ALPHA etc at least when it started.

I simply want maybe test some classes when released, but I am more interested in this game when full release and then play through it all. It is not only that. There are likely more Cleric domains and subclasses available at full release.

Early access is also good to test your computer system performance.
I ran on old desktop computer:
Nvidia 1700 Titanium 8 GB DDR5
16 GB RAM DDR4
Fast for being such old CPU AMD RYZEN 2600 X with in TURBO speed 4,2 GHZ 6 cores 12 threads and it runs fine on FULL HD resolution max settings. With my budget I think I buy laptop as well with Nvidia 3600 or better (and a laptop with minimum 16GB RAM) since I also travel fairly much and will not take my desktop with me on my travels.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 30/05/22 07:59 PM.
veteran
veteran
3. Maneuvers and ambushes? Can you not ambush?
Actualy you indeed cant ...
Not in the way some people are used from previous games, sometimes it seems that they somehow forgot that there is difference between Real Time with Pause, and Turn Based combat ...

Since they often demand to prepare characters to attack, and then start them all at once. :-/

Personaly i dont see much difference between exploiting sneaking at start of battle ... /shrug. :-/

I just noticed you posting contrasting opinions on various occasions, whenever it was convenient in an argument.
Shame you didnt notice any of those several occasions when i stated that this acusation is completely false. :-/

Did ever crossed your mind that i simply have different opinion? laugh
Its quite simple really. laugh

veteran
veteran
Ultimately I think only Larian can decide if going EA was a good decision or a mistake. For myself, I generally don't like the idea of developers using--and very often abusing--EA. Getting feedback from your fans is a wonderful thing, but (1) you don't necessarily need to go the EA route for this, and (2) Larian doesn't seem to care about any of the real and meaningful feedback from fans and instead appears only to care about superficial "statistical" feedback from EA player play-tracing. So effectively, EA is just glorified beta testing for Larian, and free beta testing at that.

But most important of all for me, if you are going to use EA, then at the very least you should have a clear plan for how your EA process is expected to work, and as such your EA should last only about 6-8 months and no more than a year. In fact, I wish Steam would enact a hard rule that games cannot be in EA beyond one year max. BG3 being in EA for 2.5+ years is simply ridiculous.

Last edited by kanisatha; 30/05/22 07:59 PM.
veteran
veteran
I just noticed you posting contrasting opinions on various occasions, whenever it was convenient in an argument.
Did ever crossed your mind that i simply have different opinion? laugh
So... you are saying that you have multiple personality disorder? In that case, no it didn't even cross my mind.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard