Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
Time isn't really getting that short though. It's still 6 months to the earliest possible release date from the current expectation assessment. It could easily be 9 months away, or they could shift the release date goalposts again.

If I were them, I'd keep those rounds in the chamber for as long as possible. On the one hand, to space out the fresh meat for the EA players, and on the other, if the game releases a little early, there could be one class that no one has touched.
Have I missed some new statement from Larian studios? BG 3 full release is not within year 2022 forget it already. 2023 yes that is 98% sure so (2% chance postponed to 2024), but when exactly in 2023 I do not know. I would not give it even 1% chance 2022 release.

Regarding will they release level 5 to Early Access at some point I do not know. That is entirely up to Larian but they have not promised that. That said possible, but simply said I do not know what will happen regarding that.

However regardless of above things said I believe very strongly that Larian will release out more stuff to Early Access example classes etc.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 31/05/22 06:45 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
You haven't missed anything. Perhaps I didn't word it clearly, but I was referring to 2023 as the current release target. But noting that Jan 2023, which is about 6mo from now, isn't necessarily going to be the point in 2023 when it's released.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
You haven't missed anything. Perhaps I didn't word it clearly, but I was referring to 2023 as the current release target. But noting that Jan 2023, which is about 6mo from now, isn't necessarily going to be the point in 2023 when it's released.
6 months from now is end of November 2022 or early December 2022. However lets assume you meant January 2023.

This is a pure guess not some inside information. That said I would guess BG3 is released within first 6 months into 2023 example January-June 2023. Yes so January 2023 is possible but my guess is roughly within time frame January-June 2023. I could be wrong and it could be later 2023. Unless Larian themselves give more information it is hard to know because we can not see the content in Act 2 and Act 3.

Now anything is possible theoretically I am not going to complain if Larian would release to Christmas 2022 and I would be very happy if that happens. That said from what I have understood 2023.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 31/05/22 08:33 PM.
dbarron #815927 31/05/22 11:16 PM
A
stranger
stranger
A
The main bottleneck is cutscenes, a feature noone cares about.

Aphex81 #815934 01/06/22 01:25 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Aphex81

It has already been established in these forums that there are people who actually enjoy the cutscenes so in that you're incorrect.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon
Originally Posted by Aphex81
It has already been established in these forums that there are people who actually enjoy the cutscenes so in that you're incorrect.
And even if it wouldnt ...
Seems pretty clear that people in Larian do. smile

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
dbarron #815951 01/06/22 08:43 AM
veteran
veteran
Maybe a healthy middle ground: cutscenes for important stuff and the rest can do without them. It would help set ressources free for other important stuff, like working in a meaningful reaction system for example.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
fylimar #815957 01/06/22 09:14 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by fylimar
Maybe a healthy middle ground: cutscenes for important stuff and the rest can do without them. It would help set ressources free for other important stuff, like working in a meaningful reaction system for example.

How would that work? Some cutscenes don't have dialogue, just a character delivering a single line. We would not lose much if those interactions don't have a cutscene. But still the line would need to be audible, and it would need to be supported by appropriate movement. If not, that would interrupt the flow of the game. So if sound and movement are indispensible, all that remains for a cutscene is setting the camera. And perhaps camera position, focus and framing need not even be set manually for each encounter. Probably there are sensible defaults.
So my point is: it is quite possible that all the cutscenes combined take only a very small amount of development time.

Ikke #815958 01/06/22 09:26 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ikke

How would that work? Some cutscenes don't have dialogue, just a character delivering a single line. We would not lose much if those interactions don't have a cutscene. But still the line would need to be audible, and it would need to be supported by appropriate movement. If not, that would interrupt the flow of the game. So if sound and movement are indispensible, all that remains for a cutscene is setting the camera. And perhaps camera position, focus and framing need not even be set manually for each encounter. Probably there are sensible defaults.
So my point is: it is quite possible that all the cutscenes combined take only a very small amount of development time.

Well....actually, according to this article it seems like all the cutscenes does indeed slow down the development if I understood it correctly.

"Cinematics were a huge complicating factor that affected everything else in the game, even dramatically impacting the writing process. On Original Sin 2, the writers could tinker with text until essentially the last minute, thanks to an automated pipeline they built that would send new text straight to the recording studios for actors to record the next day. But that doesn't work when every dialogue scene is meticulously animated—writing has gone from one of the first steps in the process to one of the last.

"There are so many steps in between now, so many people that need to look at it," Vincke said. "Cinematic designers, cinematic animators, the casting director, lighting, VFX, SFX. So you don't just add a line like that anymore. You're very aware of your cinematic budget, the cost, and the waterfall that follows from it. We've had to reinvent ourselves, how we work… so that we can still iterate."

Ikke #815962 01/06/22 11:04 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ikke

You click the NPC then it look like this.

Easy, already done by Larian, already done 20 years ago.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 01/06/22 11:11 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
dbarron #815966 01/06/22 11:55 AM
addict
addict
Hey a new update everyone!
For DoS2, its on ipad.
Now we know were Larian priorities lie lol. Mobile ftw.
Now thats done, we might soon get an update for BG3? Available now on smartphone maybe?!?!

Man Larian better bring out their big guns soon. I really hope what we are playing right now is a BETA version of the game they finished <base> designing 1 year ago.
But looking at the industry as a whole, this is HIGHLY unlikely and as always we will get a buggy, unfinished , made in progress release.
I have a funny feeling the DOS1/2 Larian and current Larian , things are quite different.
I mean who can blame them? You get married, have kids, need a stable income to retirement...that first passion fades out like after 10 years of sex with your same loved one.
What happends NEXT is a studio buyout. Id say probably around 2024/2025 for Larian.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 01/06/22 12:14 PM.
dbarron #815969 01/06/22 12:12 PM
M
M
Did they actually work on the iPad version themselves? A lot of the time porting the game is outsourced to a different company.

Cutscenes definitely will cause a sizable amount of extra work, and like voice acting in general it makes changing dialogue during the game development harder.

dbarron #815971 01/06/22 12:18 PM
addict
addict
Whats hilarious about this IPAD port is the regular DOS2 game right now does DOES NOT RUN on the newer M1 pro MacOs , since 2021. ROFL. The game fails to install (GOG).
I and many have mentioned this to Larian, no response on this issue.
So yea, totally different team.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 01/06/22 12:20 PM.
dbarron #816032 02/06/22 12:25 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi people!

I am pretty sure Bard Class is coming with Patch 8. What do u think?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by spacehamster95
pretty sure
Based on that status from Very AFK? Or was there any other lead?

If that is the source, it feels to me quite Monk-ish aswell ...
So i boldly dare to hope for either multiple classes, or none and full focus on mechanics ...
Im not sure what i would preffer tho. laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Mainly because of the twitter post. "Most entertaining pannel yet" and no more "taunt". The whole thing screams bard to me. I mainly hope that they adress the reaction system question, too. Just to show us what are they planning.

dbarron #816047 02/06/22 03:09 PM
veteran
veteran
Well, for me the "most entertaining pannel" would be if they would release all remaining classes. :P
Bcs (and yes i admit i quibble here) if they release only one, in matter of classes it would be as entertaining as every single PHB til now. laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
No, I mean "entertaining" is a pun from the Larian guys. The bards are being entertainers and all...

dbarron #816084 03/06/22 12:59 PM
veteran
veteran
Yeah i know what you mean ...
I was just providing what i mean aswell. laugh

Question tho:
I wonder ... am i the only one who have this odd feeling like every single week (after that Very AFK tease) Larian posts some Tweet ... that isnt related to next PFH, but instead is about is like slap on our face?
Sometimes i feel like im overreacting a lot ... but then again, frustration is cumulating ... dunno, thoughts? laugh

addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Question tho:
I wonder ... am i the only one who have this odd feeling like every single week (after that Very AFK tease) Larian posts some Tweet ... that isnt related to next PFH, but instead is about is like slap on our face?
Sometimes i feel like im overreacting a lot ... but then again, frustration is cumulating ... dunno, thoughts? laugh
Seems like a good time to mention that the steam logs show BG3 being updated with patch 8 files starting a few days ago.

This was pointed out 4 days ago on the Enzevil youtube channel. I don’t know how to link to these things with a phone, but the information is available on the community tab of Enzevil’s channel. There’s also a link to the relevant steam page. It shows files being updated as recently as fourteen hours ago.

My conservative guess is: PFH announcement next week and PFH the week after that, though I’m hoping patch 8 drops next week.

Last edited by Flooter; 03/06/22 02:10 PM. Reason: Misread steam page

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard