Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 46 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 45 46
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
There is a large list of bugs with the auntie ethel/hag part. first off you can't get through the first plain ole wood door unless you zoom all the way out and use ranged attacks on the door. once you manage to get into the hags lair and try to get through the illusion door it splits asterian from the group. he can still enter and run around but he will no longer function as part of the party for the purpose of moving him around. there is one of the masked fighters that continues to stand even after death. the whole experience is rather choppy as far as how the game plays as well. one second you'll be shooting at them the next your character is mysteriously somewhere else. it also has a tendancy to "kick you out of combat?" the intiative bar will disapear if one of your characters goes down but combat will continue without your character doing anything if you don't imediately click back onto a character that is still in combat. Also maybe I'm just remembering an old playthrough but I can't shake the feeling that its way to similar to the entrance to a lair in the withcer 3 like almost exact if I'm remembering correctly.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Side note: without asterian in the party it runs way smoother. almost no bugs during the any of the fights so it must have something to do with him.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
steam client seems to be having an issue synching the save files if you just click on balders gate to open it. however if you go into steam and open it from there everything works fine.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Reoccurring bug.

I keep getting a bug where if any companion dies from a spell that can 'mind control' them (coerce, etc) they become permanently flagged as an enemy.

Their portrait and the circle under their feet wont be red, but when I hover over them, I can attack them. I'm also stuck in combat with them until they fully die. Rezzing them does not change anything (whether through scroll or through the skelly boy in camp). They will still be considerd an enemy. They do not have a debuff that mentions they are MC'ed or anything like that. It's happened twice now, once on the boat to grymforge and once during a battle with Nere.

enthusiast
enthusiast
In my current game, Astarion does not get damage from running water anymore. Since he still mentions that running water burns like acid in dialogue, I think this has to be a bug.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Cxn0869
Originally Posted by Alar Ry'ik
Hello!

I recently started playing using a computer that can support the game and I have run into some problems, minor and major.

In the crypt fighting the undead, they want to cast spells (Fire Bolt, Magic Missile), but they just fizzle out, as if hitting an unseen barrier.

Auntie Ethel and her head are creepy, even for a
hag
as it keeps twisting in unnatural angles.

And sometimes there is dialogue, but no sound yet.

If I encounter more, I'll write them down, anyway, have fun playing (I certainly do)

I had these same 2 bugs pop up in my game. The fireballs do hit some odd wall. Even with perfect line of sight, the spells explode in their hands it seems.

That cutscene with the old lady was terrifying

Had the same issue with Srcibes in the crypt. Scribes spells seem to hit invisible wall. Made for an easy fight! too easy.

First time i've played since upgrading my rig from a pure AMD build to Intel and Geforce RX card.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by KernowB
Originally Posted by Cxn0869
Originally Posted by Alar Ry'ik
Hello!

I recently started playing using a computer that can support the game and I have run into some problems, minor and major.

In the crypt fighting the undead, they want to cast spells (Fire Bolt, Magic Missile), but they just fizzle out, as if hitting an unseen barrier.

Auntie Ethel and her head are creepy, even for a
hag
as it keeps twisting in unnatural angles.

And sometimes there is dialogue, but no sound yet.

If I encounter more, I'll write them down, anyway, have fun playing (I certainly do)

I had these same 2 bugs pop up in my game. The fireballs do hit some odd wall. Even with perfect line of sight, the spells explode in their hands it seems.

That cutscene with the old lady was terrifying

Had the same issue with Srcibes in the crypt. Scribes spells seem to hit invisible wall. Made for an easy fight! too easy.

First time i've played since upgrading my rig from a pure AMD build to Intel and Geforce RX card.

Yes that fight is currently broken. Scribe Sleep and Silence work but most other spells do not. The Scribe Fighter leaves his weapon sheathed and generally just stands around.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ranxerox
Yes that fight is currently broken. Scribe Sleep and Silence work but most other spells do not. The Scribe Fighter leaves his weapon sheathed and generally just stands around.

lol, tell that to my rogue who just got hit by a face-full of magic missiles!

But yeah, I know what you mean. I've seen the fight go both ways in the latest patch. Sometimes the spells work and sometimes they don't.

I remember someone suggested that it had something to do with looting the bodies first, but that hasn't been true in my experience. I've seen it both ways regardless of whether or not I looted them before triggering the combat. I generally approach that area in the same way every time.

Last edited by JandK; 27/06/22 10:21 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
I noticed one. If for some reason if you go to your camp immediately after the nautilod crash, Shadowheart completely disappears and you cant recruit her.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by real_clever_name
I noticed one. If for some reason if you go to your camp immediately after the nautilod crash, Shadowheart completely disappears and you cant recruit her.

That's normal. You find her later in the druid grove. The idea is that she woke up while you were at camp and moved on to a new location. You'll have another chance to recruit her.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Patch 8 - Woke up from camp after the first dream sequence and instead of waking up at the grove I woke up in the middle of assets and emptiness with the triggered Karlach sequence. That's some trippy dream alright.

Last edited by ROAD WARRIOR; 08/07/22 10:01 PM.
stranger
stranger
Despite everything, patch 8 still pleased. Cut-scenes almost never die, the game itself is quite cheerful. However, there are a couple of things that I noticed in the first hours of the game after the update:
1) From time to time there are sharp friezes. Every time you guess, the game just freezes abruptly or it will crash. They appear immediately after falling from the Nautiloid. Especially often they happen near open sources of flame or near the sea.
2) In dialogues where the characters fight in parallel (for example, a child or an adult beats a mannequin), their weapons disappear from their hands. Then they continue to beat, but with emptiness in their hands.
3) The sounds of monologues / dialogues of characters began to disappear sharply. They just walked, commented on the situation and - oops! - the sound of the monogol disappeared somewhere. And all the other sounds in the game are in place.

stranger
stranger
What else met in the new patch:
1) Disappearance of the background soundtrack. Here you are walking around the location, the music is playing and suddenly he is gone. Only other sounds, but no music
2) For some reason, the characters began to fail into textures. And both party members and non-player characters. I'm attaching a screenshot.
3) Also in the screenshot you can see that there is a constant unfinished synchronization of saves. And if you go into the save itself, everything is synchronized. However, the wheel continues to spin.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Milly_Fires; 10/07/22 02:38 PM.
old hand
old hand
Stole something from Ikaron in turn based mode, sneaked away, and dropped sneak while turning off TBM. Okta must of caught me cause she chased my character all over the grove. Figured id try and teleport back to camp, and Okta is on a rock close to the entrance just standing there now after the teleport. Ran back and my character and other character cutscenes snap back to where she's suppose to be. But she's just I think it called shadowboxing on the rock permanently now.

After a few more tests of having party long rest and reloading save, the long rest got her to move to my character after waking up in town she says something and continues to rock back and forth a few feet from where she was standing. After the reload she walked to my main character again and said, " I've heard worse." I'm pretty sure the chasing is caused by some bug related to playing a instrument even though your not, my character is a bard and I do have a lute on my character's inventory.

On a side note my character stopped sheathing her weapon a while back.

Edit* I figured it out, Okta was actually trying to walk to me the whole time since I did some basic performances with the flute last night and when I noticed no one was coming to me I'd stop and go to another area and try again (testing to see if the money sound was people actually giving me real coin). She must of been slow walking to me on one of the performances and couldn't finish her reaction so she just kept walking. Rebooting a previous save, I went to her pot area she came up, I did a performance and she went back to her pot like normal.

ROFL what a bug, Imagine if I didn't catch this, she was would be following me across the map for a performance that was never coming.

Last edited by fallenj; 10/07/22 08:38 PM.
stranger
stranger
When falling down the bedchamber there is a level at the top that somehow allows standing upon. Don't know how to get back there.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The screenshots in fullscreen mode also doesn't show the expected scene somehow. In fullscreen mode i can see a completely seperate scene frame when using the screenshot tool
After changing the window mode, the screenshot buffer returned to normal.

Last edited by metabee; 10/07/22 09:32 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Dialog with Lakrissa gets stuck. No way to exit.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DuckDecoy
Dialog with Lakrissa gets stuck. No way to exit.

Did you try swapping characters and pushing her?

S
stranger
stranger
S
I beg you, fix the hotkeys on the spell panel (in the settings everything is by default) it’s just extremely inconvenient to click on frequently used spells with the mouse when you can use hotkeys on the keyboard

Last edited by smilegoodman; 12/07/22 11:07 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Lazeal disappears from camp if she isnt in your party as does Wyll

stranger
stranger
Minor thing, but right-click menu is cut off if when using low resolutions (at least 800 x 600 and 1280 x 720).

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by Dreunik; 12/07/22 03:18 PM. Reason: Screenshot not showing
Page 40 of 46 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard